By Tom Holsten
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mil-Dot Ballistics combines fast range estimation with a full featured ballistics calculator that’s simple to use. Real-time calculations provide instant range estimation and ballistics calculation to get you on target fast.
The simple interface allows for one handed operation and eliminates any need to manually type any measurements to range a target.
Complete, detailed user manual for iPhone and iPad available at www.rangetimesoftware.com.
- Kestrel DROP wireless data logger integration automatically updates atmospheric conditions.
- 3DOF point mass ballistics engine
- 249 mil, MOA and IPHY reticle designs, including reticles from Carl Zeiss, Nightforce Optics, Kahles, Vixen Sport Optics, Premier Reticles, Primary Arms, Schmidt and Bender, SWFA, U.S. Optics, and Vortex Optics.
- Two modes of Range input: Calculate range from target size and sub tension - allows you to estimate range to targets at unknown distances and Direct range input for known distance targets
- Real-time solution information
- Extensive bullet / cartridge library includes American Eagle, Barnes, Black Hills, Federal Fiocchi, Fusion, Hornady, Lapua, Norma, Nosler, Remington, Sellier & Bellow, and Winchester.
- Support for variable BC information
- Ballistics chart (Range, Elevation, Windage, Velocity, Time Of Flight, Energy)
- Ballistics graph (Elevation, Velocity, Energy)
- Reticle Drop Chart
- Adjusts for atmospheric conditions for current and zero conditions (Density Altitude or Altitude, Pressure, Temperature and Humidity)
- Get accurate local pressure using the barometer in iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- Use GPS location to set current atmospheric conditions
- Fast range estimation
- Moving target lead calculation
- Correction for coriolis effect
- Correction for spin drift
- Optimum point blank zero calculation
- Point blank range calculation
- Configurable windage / elevation hold display (mils, MOA, IPHY, clicks)
- Target size presets
- Second focal plane scope support
- Fast windspeed / direction adjustment
- Three ways to input line of sight angle (Angle in degrees, Cosine of angle, Automatic using device accelerometer)
- Fast target speed adjustment
- Target speed presets
- Training mode (practice your range estimation skills)
- Point of impact indicator
- Bullet drop compensation display
- Secondary solution info display for non-critical data
- Create unlimited ballistics profiles
- Multiple color schemes
- Adjustable display brightness
- Full Retina display support
- Print range cards
- More reticle designs coming soon, stay tuned!
What's New in Version 4.5.10
Fixed crashing issue when attempting to print ballistics chart.
Added new Kahles reticles:
MHR (K1050i FT)
4-Dot (Helia 5 - 1.6-8x42i)
4-Dot (Helia 3 - 4-12x44i)
4-Dot (Helia 3 - 3-10x50i)
4A (Helia 3 - 3-9x42)
4D (Helia 3 - 3-9x42)
G4B (Helia 5 - 1.6-8x42i)
G4B (Helia 3 - 4-12x44i)
G4B (Helia 3 - 3-10x50i)
G4B (Helia 3 - 4-12x44)
G4B (Helia 3 - 3-10x50)
Great data for Long Range shooting
I used this app on my I-phone to start and found it vary useful giving me all the data I needed. But when I put it on my I-pad wow, the screen changed and have a full menu on the left side now which makes it much easier to use. I haven't found a better app yet. There are plenty of app's that are real good but this app shines. Plus I would also recommend. Mil-Dot Rangefinder to go with.
I cannot believe this program works so well. I studied it before I went shooting my AR 15 and went out to the Desert set up a steel target at 500 yards used the ballistic calculator and smacked it every time dead on with Full metal jacket 556. PS confirmed the range with my laser rangefinder and was only 13 yards off the mil dot difference. unbelievable. Worth a lot more than what it's selling for but don't tell them that.
Great app but it would be nice if you could add your own dope at various ranges to true up the curve
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 29, 2016
- Version: 4.5.10
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thomas Holsten
- © 2011 Tom Holsten
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.