8player Pro is a universal multimedia application for your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
8 years in the App Store, 500 000 Pro users, more than 200 updates... and it’s just the beginning! Join in!
With 8player Pro for iOS you can:
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB and FTP servers, as well as local videos, music and photos;
• Control media files playback on your DLNA players (renderers) and Chromecast devices;
• Download media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP servers to play them offline;
• Create and edit music playlists inside the app;
• Connect to your DLNA / UPnP servers remotely via mobile Internet or from any other external network*.
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB and FTP servers;
• Use 8player Pro as a DLNA / UPnP renderer.
• Video (including subtitles): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, divx, dv, dat, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, moov, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, webm, wm etc;
• Music: flac, mp3, aac, alac, wav, aif, wma, ac3 etc;
• Images: heic, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff etc.
* You can find information on remote access setup at: http://8softmobile.com/products/8player/remote
• Possibility to play video files from iOS photo gallery has been added;
• Problem with incidental excessive battery consumption in course of music playback in background has been fixed;
• Playlists playback on DLNA devices has been improved.
Ratings and Reviews
Best DLNA player I’ve used on iOS
I really love 8player as it has a simple and intuitive interface and plays everything from my home server via DLNA with ease! Whether I use my iPhone, iPad or AppleTV - I have a consistent and pleasurable experience!
Their support is also excellent. I had a question on the Apple TV version and they responded really quickly.
Overall great product and great support. I’ve removed all other players and this is my go to media app!
Best DLNA music player for iPhone
Best DLNA music player for the iPhone. Only gripe: Download All does not play albums in the Music area in the right order. I have the order set to Track N, but it plays the downloaded music in alpha order.
UPDATE: connecting to a Bluetooth speaker is very unstable. I use a JBL Extreme and a couple of other smaller speakers. Pausing music causes the DLNA connection to be dropped a few minutes later when continuing playing. This is with ios12 but has existed as a problem since gapless playback was introduced.
The only app!!!
Among dozens of video players available, this is just the one playing all files right! Picture, sound, subs all good. Has been using this app for 5 years. Just transfer movies over iTunes. It supports all popular file formats! Amazing!
- Oleksandr Smeshkov
- 56.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 8soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.