"The closest thing to a classical Netflix." —The New York Times
“Sharing music is a language that belongs to everybody, I think this is the idea embraced by medici.tv.” —Kent Nagano
“I have my own little concert hall here at home. It's in front of my laptop at my kitchen table. I have listened to numerous concerts and recitals, watched a lot of operas and enjoyed fascinating master classes. medici.tv has taken me to a totally new level.” —a happy medici.tv fan
Whether you’re a passionate expert or new to classical music, you will love medici.tv:
• The world’s largest catalog (1,800+ videos) of on-demand concerts, ballets, operas, documentaries, master classes, behind-the-scenes footage, and interviews
• The most anticipated events of the year streamed live and available on replay
• Available on all your screens in HD: TV (via AirPlay or Chromecast), computer, tablet, and smartphone
• Everywhere you go with our iOS app’s Offline Viewing feature
• Curated editorial content to help you get deeper into the music and expand your horizons
An app that enhances your medici.tv experience:
• Search by category, artist, composer, event, etc.
• Create your own personal calendar of live events
• Keep track of all your favorite videos
• Never miss a performance again thanks to our notifications
• Save videos to watch offline later when you can’t connect to the internet (feature available only on our iOS app!)
• Cast to your TV via Chromecast or Airplay
• Share what you love on social media
With medici.tv Free, get to know our platform and content. When you create a free account, you get full access to all of our live webcasts as well as partial access to replays.
You have the possibility to sign up for the Premium subscription directly from the app for one month or one year giving you unlimited access to our services (unlimited lives and replays, full access to our VOD catalog, HD, Chromecast and Airplay, and more). The subscription amount is debited from your iTunes account automatically when the subscription is confirmed. The subscription is renewed automatically at the end of the period unless you cancel it at least 24 hours before it expires.
If you are offered a free trial period of medici.tv Premium (not currently available), any unused portion of this period will be forfeited upon purchase of a subscription.
Privacy Policies can be found at https://www.medici.tv/en/private-policy/
medici.tv's passion and engagement has brought together a community of music lovers in more than 180 countries dedicated to the best of classical music:
• Martha Argerich, Daniel Barenboim, Khatia Buniatishvili, Natalie Dessay, Joyce DiDonato, Plácido Domingo, Gustavo Dudamel, Renée Fleming, Valery Gergiev, Janine Jansen, Jonas Kaufmann, Evgeny Kissin, Lang Lang, Anna Netrebko, Gianandrea Noseda, Sir Simon Rattle, Anoushka Shankar, Yuja Wang… and also Claudio Abbado, Leonard Bernstein, Maria Callas, Glenn Gould, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Herbert von Karajan, Yehudi Menuhin…
• Berliner Philharmoniker, London Symphony Orchestra, Mariinsky Theatre Symphony Orchestra, New York Philharmonic, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Carnegie Hall, Bolshoi Theater, Opéra national de Paris, Glyndebourne Festival, Lucerne Festival, Verbier Festival, Salzburg Festival, International Tchaikovsky Competition, Plácido Domingo's Operalia Competition…
In this release, we streamlined the user experience of logging in, signing up, and subscribing to medici.tv Premium. We also fixed a few minor bugs in the video player. If you don't notice any changes, it means we did our job well :-)
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent content, good app
I’ve been a subscriber for a few years now. The content is wonderful. So much to choose from. Recent and historical. Across a wide range of artists, composers, modalities. Production quality is usually very good. The app itself (as opposed to the content) has come a long way and is now perfectly adequate. The only reason I gave this four stars rather than five is because the app can still be improved, but it’s entirely usable as is.
While it would be greatly advantageous to have a native app for platforms like Roku and Apple TV that are run straight from a TV, that’s not relevant to evaluating the iPad app itself. I do think Medici TV would realize a significant pick-up in subscribers if it could expand to platforms like Roku, which are not only more convenient when using a TV but would also allow for better audio (and perhaps video) than can be accomplished by broadcasting from the iPad to TV via Airplay.
Technical Frustrations, Great content
Subtitles don't stream to the TV during Airplay (and they stopped updating their AppleTV app) which means you have to watch everything on your device if you want subtitles. also, airplay is glitchy and sometimes you can't start or stop it when you want to. Those items aside, I like a lot of their content. It would be nice to be able to filter by instrument.
App has a long way to go...
I paid for a year subscription on the website, but the app did not recognize my subscription, even though it recognized my login. I then paid for a month through the app to hold me over while their “support team” could sort out the technical issue. 3 weeks and 5 emails later, I have yet to hear any response from them other than their automated email. The content is good but the app is extremely glitchy and the support team is non-existent.
- 82 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © MUSEEC
- In-App Purchases
- medici.tv Premium $19.99
- medici.tv Premium $189.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.