By Christian Stone
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Criticals is a great and configurable generator for all your gaming critical and fumble threats, whether it be table top combat or LARP. Whether by steely sword or dire spell, you will have a wealth of results at your fingertips.
Currently, Criticals supports fantasy game systems, but soon you will be able to contribute your own ideas and lists and share them with the community. You will soon be able to add a modern warfare list, or create a list for any of your favorite game systems.
We are developing our website now at renegade20.com to allow you to create and add your own suggestions. In order to create items through the online web portal or with future version of this app, you will need to sign up for an account. You do not need an account to contribute your votes and share in new results... only if you wish to contribute new lists or information. This account information is only used to help bundle the web portal with your device, and protect the web portal and the results from spammers and others who may wish to include other content.
Criticals and Fumbles are highly configurable based on the type of weapon, the creature you are attacking, and the severity. You can even configure a percentage of results to have no effect... allowing critical results to be more mild or severe, more rare or frequent.
Good start, needs improving
There are good and bad things to point out.
- love that you can adjust the percentage of crusts and fumbles that have no effect.
- many parameters to adjust so that you can set the generator to suit your style
- very handy and easy to use
- looks like the author made most of the up and tried to be humorous
- the table of results must not be very large because I noticed a lot of repeat entries
- some entries might be on the wrong severity table, i.e. a crippled leg for 2d6 days on the moderate table and blinding due to debris for 1d4 rounds on the severe table, just as an example
This is a good start though. This could be a really good app with a little TLC.