By Viber Media SARL.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Connect freely with over 800M users worldwide!
Viber is a free messaging and calling app that keeps you connected to anyone in the world through your Internet connection*. It’s the most expressive way to keep in touch with your loved ones and connect with anyone worldwide!
Choose a contact from your phone book or simply enter a phone number to add a new contact on Viber. Make audio or video calls, text, share photos and videos, express yourself with thousands of stickers to choose from, record audio messages and even send files.
● Group chat - Create groups with up to 250 participants and “like” messages when you don’t have time to reply
● Hassle-free, long-distance calls - Free international calling without having to set up a username or provide login information
● Voice or video - When voice isn’t enough, turn the video on! Enjoy the same HD-quality sound while having a face-to-face
● Instant video messages - Tap and hold the instant video icon to capture the moment with 30-second videos, release to send.
● Secured communications and trusted contacts - All messages and calls are protected by end-to-end encryption. Manually authenticate contacts to be sure you’re talking to the right person
● Express yourself with stickers - Choose from a selection of thousands of stickers to say exactly what you mean
● “Damage control” - Delete messages you regret sending
● Hidden chats - Hide the chats you don’t want to be visible in your chat list and access them later with a PIN
● Public Accounts - Chat with your favorite brands, businesses and personalities. Follow them for news and updates; subscribe to get direct messages
● And much, much more - games, share contacts and location, see message information including who has seen and liked your messages
Install and start connecting now!
Follow Viber to see what's up:
Viber - www.viber.com/viber
Facebook - http://facebook.com/viber
Twitter - http://twitter.com/viber
(*) Viber uses your Internet connection. Wi-Fi is suggested for the best experience. Data charges may apply where you are connected through your network data plan.
What's New in Version 6.6.1
●Secret messages - Set time limits on photos and videos so they self-destruct after they’ve been opened.
●Send media as files - Keep photos and videos in their original size and quality when you choose to send them as files.
●Rich notifications on iOS 10 - See the contents of your chats when you expand notifications on iOS 10.
●Instant video messages - Tap and hold the instant video icon to capture the moment with 30-second videos, release to send.
I am an avid Viber user. Dont use any other chat app. After finding Viber a few years ago, i never looked back. But the new look of these emoticons....blah....like the increase in the size of them though
The search feature needs a fixin'. Is it possible to add a feature to it where when a particular word or phrase is searched, that it finds all references of it instead of only the last one and that you can toggle through each one? It would also be nice if the options of Chats and Messages were available where the actual search box is and not on the next screen AFTER you put in the word or phrase you are trying to search for then you must select Chats or Messages.
Viber for Apple Watch
I was very pleased to see this as I love Viber. However there's a bug that needs to be fixed. When I have Viber in the dock I can begin a chat from the watch as long as the contact shows up in the dock. Unfortunately only one of my contact ever shows up there. I have constant chats going with about 4 people and only one of them ever shows up there. This means I can only respond to a message. I can never initiate a message to anyone except the one person who shows up there. I would like to be able to send a new message in an ongoing chat in Viber from the watch. Thank you. This is still a terrific app.
Very Useful for long distance and international calling and texting, especially when you are connected to the Internet. If you're connected to the Internet calls essentially are free to other persons who are also connected via Viber. You can also use your cell phone data plan to make internet calls. It is a bit hard to figure out how to use for free, whom you can call in your contact list and not have to pay for calls. Also it keeps offering Viber Out but tells you nothing about what it is and how it differs from Viber - rather annoying. It seems Viber Out works a bit like Skype in that you pay a low rate by the minute.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 05, 2017
- Version: 6.6.1
- Size: 139 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Viber Media SARL.
- © Viber Media S.à r.l.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Viber credit pack$0.99
- Viber credit pack$4.99
- Viber credit pack$9.99
- Love Is All You Need$1.99
- Minions Movie Sticker Pack$1.99
- Despicable Me Sticker Pack$1.99
- Long Distance Love$1.99
- Mickey Mouse Sticker Pack$1.99
- Young Love Sticker Pack$1.99
- Fun Size Valentine's Day$1.99