Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Chicago Tribune's premium storytelling on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
• Stay in the know: Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy a sampling of free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the Chicago Tribune website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicableMake sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to chicagotribune.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 312-442-0007.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at email@example.com. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
We release regular updates to clean up bugs and optimize your reading experience.
Ratings and Reviews
C’mon Trib... it’s about time you fixed your app
As someone who is been using the Chicago Tribune app for several years now (and the various versions of it over the years), I can honestly say it’s one of the worst apps ever when you consider what the user expects versus reality. Their publications like it the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times have excellent apps that are user friendly and work well without bugs. Surely if the Tribune tries to market/position itself as a world class media outlet , then it should be held to the same standard as its peers - and it is failing horribly.
For starters, don’t make me watch an ad before I get to the news stories. Sometimes I need to quickly check the headlines and sitting through an ad, even for a few seconds, is very annoying and unnecessary. Second make sure that the links to your stories work. If I click on a link I should be able to access the story without having it hang up and freeze and go nowhere. Lastly, make your app more user-friendly overall. This is 2018… Please update your app to reflect current times, not something that we would’ve seen 10 years ago.
I canceled it. The app kept asking to sign in after i signed in. Three weeks After paying for the second month it did not take my sign in any more. I called support and they said they could e Mail the paper to me. No I want the app to work. Good thing I saved my e mail confirmation so I could use the link to stop the i tunes card payments. They still Owe me fora week of papers. I had to figure out on my own how to make it work on my mac by creating a password within the app. Support could not help me with that or fix the problem. I like content of the Tribune. However, I am moving on. NO more newspapers for me. I miss the comics. We were paying 400 dollars per year for the Rockford IL newspaper. A friendof mine got a deal for 70 per year. Hence,I thought I would try Tribune digital. I think the newspaper business is goingthe way of the shopping mall. It is like living inDetroit. Time to move on.
Needs a do-over
I’ve used this for years and it really is one of the worst news apps out there. Ads play even with paid subscriptions (although they usually fail to load in the three seconds or so it forces you to watch them), the interface is clunky, and opening my app inexplicably goes to the Politics section every time and can’t be changed. Can’t tell what the updates are doing either; nothing ever seems to change and the current version actually is less compatible with my iPhone XR than the old one was (e.g., the Tribune logo now partially is cut-off by the notch on my iPhone). If there was any better source for Chicago news I’d use it, but the Sun-Times app is garbage too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Tribune Company
- 110.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Chicago Tribune
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- News Apps Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.