CHAOS RINGS for iPad
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Following in the footsteps of App Store Hall of Fame inductees CHAOS RINGS and CHAOS RINGS Ω, we are proud to announce that CHAOS RINGS II for iPad has been selected as a Best of 2012 app! To celebrate, we're dropping the prices on all titles from the CHAOS RINGS series!
- CHAOS RINGS for iPad $15.99 → $11.99
- CHAOS RINGS Ω for iPad $14.99 → $11.99
- CHAOS RINGS II for iPad $19.99 → $16.99
-Character voices added (Japanese voices).
* Please note that this increases the size of the app from 265MB to 690MB.
Boasting the best graphics and gameplay ever seen on the iPhone or iPod touch and the number one highest sales in fifteen countries, the record-breaking RPG, CHAOS RINGS, now finally makes its way to the iPad!
The iPad version supports 1024x768px HD resolutions. Experience beautiful graphics, detailed backgrounds, intricate character expressions, and intense battle scenes on the iPad's large screen.
CHAOS RINGS takes full advantage of the iPhone and iPod touch’s capabilities. Using a classic game system that any RPG fan will enjoy, it presents an epic tale consisting of four different scenarios, all brought to you with gorgeous sound and unbelievably smooth 3D graphics.
The story revolves around a tournament where combatants fight for their lives: the Ark Arena. Upon choosing a pair of characters, one male and one female, you will then have to fight against the other pairs. Each pair has their own story, and the truth behind the Ark Arena will not be revealed until each story is completed.
-Amazingly smooth 3D graphics
-Gorgeous sound that takes full advantage of the iPad powerful hardware
-A deep story with unique twists for every pair and multiple endings
-Traditional game and battle systems polished to perfection
-Hours upon hours of gameplay, complete with hidden bosses, secret weapons, and more
◆Reviews of the iPhone version
Chaos Rings is the only title I will be playing for quite some time, outside of my normal review requirements.
The turn-based fighting is gratifying and never got old, and the story and character development remains immersive even in short play sessions.
- Touch Arcade
The iPhone finally has its own triple-A Square Enix RPG that actually reaches the heights of a Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger.
- Slide to Play
The story, and characters found within Chaos Rings are the most interesting and intriguing I have come across for the iPhone, and perhaps I have to go back to Final Fantasy VII to find it’s equal.
- The New York Times
What's New in Version 2.2.0
・Added other language.
I played this game all the way through twice, so it's definitely fun. But mostly I just wanted to get my money's worth and kept hoping for more. Set your expectations low.
- Despite the icon, this isn't "HD". The graphics are awful, pixelated, simple blown up versions of the iPhone version.
- Gameplay is limited to 4 tiny worlds, more like caverns. All practically identical. No towns, only one room that your basically trapped in. That keeps the game feeling small, and boring.
- The battles are fun, but easy. you'll breeze through every boss battle without trying.
- The sound is bad. Adding Japanese voices (no English) was a dumb decision that doubles the file size and doesn't improve the feel of the game.
- it's super short. You'll beat the game in a couple hours. There's minimal replay value since you can start as one f two characters but the second go is even easier, this faster, than the first.
- it doesn't make me want to buy the sequels.
TL/DR short, but fun if you don't expect much. Buy it on sale for $3 or less--not worth any more than that.
Well worth the $
Don't believe the reviews complaining about how short the game is. I don't believe they've actually completed the game. Yes, it's repetitive to a degree, but each of four pairs of characters you can play remains fresh and provides a new twist to the game, and after you complete all four storylines, you are able to confront secret bosses and finish the story in a final battle. It's definitely worth it, especially since play time measures up to a shorter console game. Graphics are good enough to impress on the iPad and the game in general is especially good for JRPG veterans who are looking for an easy game with lots of maxing out characters and grinding. The story is well written and substantial as far as platform goes. Battle schematics are interesting and if you aren't afraid of a little repetition in your games, go ahead and get it. Hopefully the story will draw you in enough for you to forget about returning to the same ten environments the game has to offer.
Got this game on sale for $3. Best app I have bought in a long time. Story line reminds me of when I played Final Fantasy games back in the day. There are 4 story lines to complete before you can beat the game. Each story line is slightly different, but has the same objective. For the final boss you can pick which group you think is best. There are also hidden bosses in the game which I have found with one group. I recommend if you can find the game on sale like I did.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 10, 2013
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 725 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. CHARACTER DESIGN: Yusuke Naora Developed by Media.Vision Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.