Neo Minesweeper HD
By Chih-Wen Yang
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Neo Minesweeper HD is a classic puzzle game. It contains two game modes. You can play it solely or play it against friends. Also you can choose the regular square mines mode or easier hexagon mines mode.
1. One player or Two players.
2. Easy,medium,hard and custom game level.
3. Suport 2 grid size (small and large) and shape (square and hexagon).
4. Support 4 tile colors and 7 background colors.
5. Sound effects are supported.
6. Ranking is supported.
7. Multil-language UIs are supported. (English/Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese).
a) One player game
In the shortest time,to set flags on the tile which contains mines.
b) Two players game:
Players play by turn. The winner of the game is who find out more than half mines.
1. Single tap on the unknown tile to discover.
2. Long tap to set flag or unset flag on the tile.
3. Single tap on know tile (has number ) to quick discover the nearby area 3x3 area. (Only useful, if all mines around the tile are flags set.
Needs work, especially at $1.99 price
Well, this app looked fair at first glance. Like the grid sizes and option for hex play. However, I have played better MS games here for free. The UI could be way more attractive for an HD game. Maybe include option to set the background to a picture at least. Canned ones would be OK, from your camera roll would be better. The clock sound is totally annoying, good thing you can turn it off. Might consider making that option separate from the rest of the sound effects.
But, my main complaint is that marking a flag is done by tapping and holding the square/hex you want. The tap logic seems to be lacking here as about 30% of the time it doesn't recognize the tap and hold but, instead just taps it. This of course cause you to lose the game. Not so bad with the small grids, but when you been playing an hour and suddenly blow up when you were trying to drop a flag, it makes this game really unplayable. I am sad to say, I would get my money back if there was refunds. I don't usually even write reviews much less diss a game but, there you have it...
Simple and good mine sweep app
I love minesweeper apps but if you guys can improve the UI graphics, that will be wonderful.
Classic and innovations,good job!