By Chimera Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From the creators of Starbase Orion, the premier 4X space strategy game for iOS, comes a space survival game that will have you firing your turrets and scrambling your fighters to protect your starbase from swarms of enemy invaders.
Starbase Command is a strategy game which puts you in control of a starbase on the fringes of the Empire. Your goal is to survive for as long as possible, driving up your score as you build new defenses and destroy incoming waves of enemies. Merchant vessels bring in much needed wealth to fuel your endeavors. Starbase Command is game of economy, of learning what to build and when, and in what order. It is also a game of tactics, of knowing what enemies you should destroy when.
Watch the gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-VHvOR1sCI
"This game is very addictive ^^" MichelG, user comment from Touch Arcade
"This game is really a gem for me under the iPhone games. My favorite games are Spaceminer, Rimelands, Warpgate, Angrybirds, Settlers Star defense, Fly Kiwi, Galaxy on fire (2). I give this list so you guys can see how good this game is according to me because Starbase Command belongs in this list with my favorite iPhone games." - Wilbair, user comment from Touch Arcade
"Really fun and simple game to play." 1body4u, user comment from iTunes
"Brilliant game, already had new updates and now hanging out for more!!" Bladeslapper, user comment from iTunes
"If you like Spacestation HD, this is recommended. Same defend base concept, but different gameplay and style." Jadis777, user comment from iTunes
What's New in Version 1.3.2
Thanks everyone for the great feedback! Here is what's new:
Remember, if you like what you see make sure to review Starbase Command with each update. Your 5 star ratings help ensure more free content updates!
*** GAME BALANCE CHANGES ***
• Changed the navigation algorithm for enemy ships. On certain map configurations, the ships would bunch up in a long line to be easily slaughtered by the player one by one. Now they will navigate around each other in order to get closer to the starbase. This should help even out the game experience.
• Increased the maximum and minimum distance ships spawn away from the starbase.
*** NEW ADDITIONS AND FIXES ***
• There is now an 5-dot indicator at the bottom of raider facilities; when a squadron is destroyed and the rebuild process begins, a white dot is drawn for every minute of rebuilt time that has passed. When it gets to 5 white dots the rebuild process is finished and the new raider squadron will automatically be launched.
• You can now turn on display of unit health bars. There are two bars; blue is shields and green is hull.
• You can now set music and sound levels. Turn off the music to listen to your own background music.
• Fixed a typo in help; mining facilities really do only cost $4000 now ( thanks for the heads up helpful-you-know-who-iTunes-user-commenter! )
• Updated the help section with information regarding the decoy turret
• Upgraded to the latest version of OpenFeint
• Added some crash diagnostics code to help catch certain crash bugs
Overall this game Needs more control
It's an interesting tower defense type game, but it lack certain control over attack and repairs. Spreading defenses across the board balances the attacks, but you run out of funds very quickly. When all the defenses are clustered near the center, guns never end up attacking the ships that are far away from the clusters. I'm not sure if it is the fact that I am colorblind, but I cannot tell when the left bar (health) is being repaired or what is happening with it because I cannot tell the difference between the colors ( I have red / green colorblindness)... When I think I am doing well, the base just explodes even when both bars are full. Needs to be more clear, maybe shields at 80% on the right and health at 100% on the left would clear things up. Also if it would be possible to identify the range that guns can attack, it might be more clear. And if you could direct your guns at a single target it might also be more balanced. Anyway it's interesting, but it needs to be improved before I play more. I cannot get past the second achievement.
Good time killer with few flaws
This is a good time wasting game. It is fun and easy to pick up. The problems are three fold. This kind of game should be played in rounds with weapons up grades and no real game play time limit. As it stands there is a point that you will get tired of playing the game and want an action break. Second, a nice research option would be nice with repair ships, reload ships and actual defensive ships larger the a fighter. Third, there is an in-game purchase item. It makes it appear that you get say a nuke launcher but only one for a dollar (that is what it seems like to me). I am okay buying the option to have them as part of all your games from then on...put only one weapon for one game. A dollar is real money. This game with the weapon is worth a dollar but not one item in one game. Still try the game out. It is very good and fun.
Having the ships in lines in front of the star base allows them to do a lot of damage to your weapons. When they are spread out in space your weapons last longer. The raiders seem to be last longer and the miners seem to die quicker. The enemy ship bars give info on what you need as in hull or shield weapons. finally saw my miner ships. I like the Info button in the weapons panel. I saw the decoy spheres. I am playing it more now. There is only 1 map. I did play the game for 2 hours before the star carriers blew up my starbase. I think it's more than a tower defense game since the enemy pops up in space all over and tries to move in. I am now going to try the update offline and I did
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 30, 2011
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 19.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chimera Software, LLC
- © 2010 Chimera Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Mega Plasma Turret Unlock$0.99
- Mega Missile Turret Unlock$0.99
- Nuclear Missile Launch$0.99