Fast, Clear, and Concise since 2010.
Pocket Pharmacist features:
∙ Wicked fast drug search
∙ Drugs summarized by a Pharmacist (Doctor of Pharmacy)
∙ Unbiased information (zero pharmaceutical sponsorship and no advertisements)
∙ Super accurate
∙ Easy to understand
∙ Provides interactions and overlapping precautions and side effects
∙ Test your drug and medication knowledge
∙ Unlimited multiple choice and flashcards
∙ The best drug study guide, period.
∙ All your medication information nice and neat
∙ Run interaction checks
∙ Share by print/email with your medical team
Download now for a free trial. Not impressed? Simply walk away. No login required. Nothing to opt-out. Nothing to cancel.
∙ O (The Oprah Magazine)
∙ iPhone Life Magazine
∙ Woman's Day
In-App Auto-Renewable Subscription Details
- Free trial and subscription durations include access to all of Pocket Pharmacist's features and regular content updates.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew at the duration selected unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will be the subscription fee you have agreed to.
- Current subscription may not be canceled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- If you choose not to renew your subscription, you will no longer have access to the App after the end of the current period.
∙ We have now summarized more than 95% of all prescribed drugs in the United States. And still going!
∙ FDA labeling updates through 12/31/2018.
∙ Med Box Syncing! Sync Med Box data with nearby devices. To get started, tap Sync from the main Med Box screen.
∙ Now you can multi-task while editing Med Box data. Note: for security purposes, Med Box will 'close' itself after 2 minutes while multi-tasking.
Based on user feedback, we have many more enhancements on the way. Keep your emails coming!
Ratings and Reviews
New Subscription Policies
This app has been great and has lots of very good information. I have had it for many years, but one day I open it to find instead of being able to “restore my purchases” like most other apps that have switched to these kinds of things, I am notified I need to pay a monthly subscription...that’s kind of garbage (and before I get the same reply as others who have left similar reviews, I realize it has been free to access, however, there was an initial purchase price. It has very useful information, and I enjoyed being able to quickly look up something I needed, especially when it came to interactions and safety, but I don’t use it enough to justify paying for a monthly subscription. I hate to say I am deleting this app, but it’s just not worth it.
Developer Response ,
I very much appreciate your support and payment of ~$0.99 more than 4 years ago. Thank you! That payment supported dozens of drug information updates, and just as important several major technical enhancements. Without these technical enhancements, Pocket Pharmacist would not run on the latest Apple devices.
To best support Pocket Pharmacist from here on out, all users are being asked to pay a nominal fee that is less than $1/month. This fee will help me (the lone pharmacist and developer supporting Pocket Pharmacist) to perform more periodic drug information updates while creating new innovative features (all included with the ongoing subscription).
At the end of the day, I want to be accountable to my users. Not some advertising agency or drug manufacturer. The subscription is not a commitment and you are free to subscribe and cancel as often as you like. So if you only use the app every few months, then you are free to do that and only pay about $3/year.
If you have any other questions or want an extended “free trial” (I’m more than happy to extend your trial while you re-think Pocket Pharmacist’s value) please reach out to me directly at PocketPharmacist@danike.com.
Since my stroke, I have a vast number of medications prescribed by doctors. This app has helped me be an informed partner in my health care. It often provides the basis for discussion with my physician -- particularly when prescribing new medications or when I have concerns about side effects.
As others have mentioned, there are plans to change to a subscription model in the future.I believe this fair because this app functions as a pharmacist that you can consult at any time. Medications and information about them is always changing.
This app has been developed for nine years and it still works on older iOS devices the subscription shouldn’t be an issue and if you feel after nine years a pharmacist putting his time developing this is insufficient well maybe it’s best you’ll look elsewhere because you cannot find any more concise app than this. It has helped me through numerous surgeries numerous oncology patients and numerous times where the standard databases have failed me so not only do I suggest and recommend I endorse this app.
- Danike, Inc.
- 63 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010 Danike, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pocket Pharmacist Monthly $0.99
- Pocket Pharmacist Yearly $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.