Nike+ Run Club
By Nike, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your Perfect Running Partner – Nike+ Run Club
Nike+ Run Club gives you everything you need to run better and more often—including GPS tracking details of your run, customised coaching plans that fit your goals and adapt to your progress, and non-stop motivation from your friends. In short: We'll help you reach your goals and have more fun getting there.
- FULL APPLE WATCH SERIES 2 SUPPORT
- TRACKS AND STORES ALL YOUR RUNS AND RECORDS
- PERSONALISED COACHING PLANS FOR YOUR GOALS
- EASILY SHARE YOUR RUNS WITH YOUR FRIENDS
- COMPETE ON LEADERBOARDS
- MOTIVATION FROM NIKE ATHLETES LIKE KEVIN HART, MO FARAH AND ALLYSON FELIX
SUPPORTS APPLE WATCH and APPLE WATCH NIKE+
Get your perfect running partner—on your wrist. The Nike+ Run Club app supports all generations of Apple Watches, with a simple experience designed for the runner in motion. Scroll down on the main screen to select a goal, activate Advanced mode, or adjust your run settings before you head out. Notification, scheduling and sharing features keep you motivated, improving and having fun. Includes GPS support for all Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Nike+, and stand-alone mode for Apple Watch Original Generation and Series 1.
TRACKS AND STORES ALL YOUR RUNS AND RECORDS
Get all the detail you need—pace, distance, elevation, heart rate and mile splits—and GREATER control over what you see during your run.
PERSONALISED COACHING PLANS ADAPT TO YOU
Whatever your goal, your Nike+ Coach has a plan for you. One that starts with your goals and fitness level, and adapts as you progress.
CUSTOMISABLE POST-RUN SHARING WITH FRIENDS
Personalise your posts by adding photos, stats and stickers, then customise who sees it—your entire social network, or just your Nike+ friends.
LEADERBOARDS LET YOU COMPARE AND COMPETE
Easily compare and compete with friends and fellow runners—just hash-tag your miles against specific goals or challenges to see where you stand.
MUSIC CONTROLS FOR THE RUNNER IN MOTION
With custom Nike+ Run Club playlists, in-run cheers from friends, and encouragement from elite athletes, you’ll have the motivation you need to go a little harder and little further.
This app includes Nike stickers, which you can use in the app and in iMessage to share with friends. You can find the iMessage stickers in the iMessage app store by searching for NRC. By downloading the app, you agree that Nike provides these stickers for you to use only for that purpose. Nike may revoke this permission at any time.
Nike+ Run Club integrates with the Apple Health app to sync your workouts and record heart-rate data.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.3.0
Thank you for being a part of the Nike+ Run Club community! We are actively listening to your feedback and working hard to improve your experience.
Bug fixes and improvements for Apple Watch users:
- Split data available in post-run summary on Apple Watch
- Improved GPS/route syncing with runs started on Apple Watch
- For true stand-alone functionality and to save battery life, runs started with Apple Watch will no longer start the Nike+ Run Club app on iPhone
Tip: To view heart rate and pace metrics in-run, scroll down to Settings on the Start screen and toggle on ‘All Metrics’
General app bug fixes and performance improvements
“JUST DO IT.
-Join the global community and walk, jog, or run your way to a 5k or more each Sunday.
- Get in-run encouragements from Kevin Hart
- Unlock exclusive stickers to share on your photos
- Complete three consecutive “Just Do It. Sunday” runs to start a streak.
Please note: version 5.3 of Nike+ Run Club requires iOS 10. For the best results on Apple Watch, we recommend using watchOS 3.1 or above.
For more information on NRC product updates, fixes/improvements, and pro-tips, visit our blog at http://nrc.nike.com
Looks nice, but poor cross device functionality
Functionality and usefulness between iPhone and Apple Watch is poor. The two apps should function like Apple maps, where one app initiates the other. The Apple Watch heart rate should also be viewable on the iPhone app before and during a run, not only after a run and when the run is initiated on the watch. There should be an option to reset personal records that are incorrect from erroneous data on older app versions.
Taking away features Is stupid.
1) I paid a significant amount of money IMO for my Nike+ Apple Watch
2) For a time, the NRC app on my iPhone would launch automatically when I started a run. This gave me a "display" on the treadmill with all my stats.
3) As of the last update, the devs REMOVED this capability, rather than allowing users to disable and enable it.
A) This immediately assumes that I want to control and see everything through my watch, which is NOT the way many people access information while on the treadmill.
B) Having to look at the watch while running is inherently difficult
C) It is also now expected that I control music through the watch through iTunes... this is an infuriating and dangerous multitasking effort to engage in while running - I consider this to be, well, a stupid decision.
D) Lastly, even though music plays through my headphones, the application "voice feedback" updates DO NOT play through my headphones - in an absolutely inconsiderate move, the voice feedback updates play though (holy crap) THE WATCH speaker.
This is entirely inconsiderate, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to hear the voice feedback through the watch speakers with headphones on and worse, in a large noisy gym.
1) Make NRC activation on the phone an OPTION when you start a run on the watch. Don't just disable it.
2) Re-enable all controls for music through the phone
3) Seriously... fix the oversight into voice feedback. Having this feature is USELESS if I can't hear it if I start a run on the watch through my headphones
With every update—supposed improvement—this app gets worse. What's going on? Nike, STOP "improving."
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 16, 2016
- Version: 5.3.0
- Size: 196 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Nike, Inc
- © Copyright 2016 Nike, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.