By Action Point Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Top 100 Paid iPad Education Apps
*** IMPORTANT: Confer accounts will remain free and Confer will still receive maintenance updates as necessary. However, we will no longer be able to provide email support as we are focusing all our resources on releasing Snapfolio in 2016. ***
Created by a full-time, National Board Certified Teacher, Confer makes it easier to collect and use student data in your classroom.
Whether you teach Reading and Writing Workshop or simply want to collect student data to drive your instruction, Confer can transform your classroom notetaking. Confer lets you customize your notetaking fields for each particular subject. When you take notes, each of your comments are saved for quick reuse. You can also import your comments ahead of time, so you don’t even have to type. As you take notes on your students you can sort your class based on the content of their notes. This lets you instantly identify small groups of students with the same instructional issues.
Confer is quick enough that it makes daily notetaking sustainable. And it’s powerful enough that you can use the insights from your notes to inform your instruction on an ongoing basis.
With Confer, you can:
- quickly take notes on individuals and small groups
- add a photo to each note
- sort your students by the fields in their notes (ie. “strength,” “teaching point” or “next step”) to identify trends and strategy groups
- sort your students by the date of their last note, their level, the groups you’ve assigned them to, or how you’ve flagged them
- create and manage flexible small groups
- export text reports of students and subjects
- export subject reports as a spreadsheet
- export and import your data onto any device with Confer via email or other cloud based services
Users with a Confer account can take their instruction even further by sharing subjects with coteachers, specialists and support staff. This enables each educator to take notes on the same students from separate devices, all while keeping their data synced wirelessly.
What's New in Version 3.2.5
- Confer accounts are permanently free!
- fixed bug that prevented uploading a Google spreadsheet
- fixed bug that caused some spreadsheet fields to be misaligned
Could be better for the price
I love the ability to type notes, take pictures, flag kids and show teaching points and next steps. However, when I types notes now, it doesn't move up, and my notes can get obscured by the keyboard. Also, for the price of this app, I should have the ability to move students (with all their related notes) to a different subject. Now, I have to create that student again in a new group, and not have any of the work that they have done associated with them.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 05, 2015
- Version: 3.2.5
- Size: 33.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Action Point Mobile LLC
- © David Lowe
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.