Stackster HD - Retro Brick Smashing in HD.
By Russ Kumro
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stackster HD has super Charged Brick Breaker action with awesome special effects and a kick butt soundtrack that make Stackster the hottest brick breaker game for iOS. Breakout Arcade Game action is back for iPad and better then ever in Stackster - The Classic Brick Breaking game for iPad , where Retro Arcade action returns!
With 90+ levels of classic arcade action and a huge selection of power ups to keep you smashing your way from level to level. Relive the classic game play of yesteryear with graphics and sounds of today on the go.
How to Play:
Simply move your finger left and right to move your paddle. Bounce the ball off your paddle to break as many bricks and grab as many power-up's as possible! Stackster
- Intense Arcade action at it finest
- Stylized retro graphics in HD
- Mind Blowing special effects
- 3D tracking on screen
- move the device slightly in your hand to change playing angle.
- Awesome sound track
- 90 levels of game play with several FREE expansion packs planed in the near future to keep you coming back for more!
- Auto Save feature, saves your progress automatically every time you finish a level. no need to navigate thru annoying menus to save.
See What the critics are writing about stackster HD.
"Once you start your game you will immediately see the coolest backgrounds ever. Imagine tie-dye shirts in space with 3D patterns. It’s mind-blowing stuff. The developers really took the time and created some amazing visuals. However, as incredible as the graphics are, it’s the music that really drives this game. Just like the visuals, the audio kicks in right from the get go and stays strong throughout the gameplay. It’s a weird mix of rock, techno, and orchestral – and it is excellent." -- iphonegamerblog.com
What's New in Version 1.60
- Fixed several timing issues that make the game play at a normal pace. Several users said the game played too fast. this fixes that issue.
- Added 5 new levels
- Added a pause feature. there is a pause button in the upper right button. you can unpause by touching the pause button again or swipe your finger over the game paddle to continue.
- Made the enemies larger and easier to hit with the ball.
Thanks again to all the users who took the time to send feedback on how to make the game even better!
Unfortunately, this breaker game falls victim to a common design flaw: poor paddle design and placement. It is placed far to low on the game's playing field, at least as far as the iPad's screen is concerned. I'm being generous with 3 stars. I'm hoping that this flaw can be changed.