By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 10.17
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
PLEASE Bring back chronological posts!!!
I can't count how many events I've missed attending because I don't see them on my timeline until the next day! I can't count how many events I've missed because my friends posted at 8-9PM but I didn't see it until 3 hours later when everything was over!
I could care less for the posts that are shoved in front of face because they're almost always a day old. I miss all of my friends' posts because when I log in I'm bombarded with tons of posts from '21 hours ago' that I don't care about. After scrolling for so long and still being in the previous day looking at posts ranging from 3-22 hours ago, it gets frustrating to use and I just log out. Even when I look at posts in real-time from the present day, they're jumbled. It jumps from 15 minutes ago to 2 minutes ago back to 22 minutes ago. It is extremely confusing and frustrating and tedious to use this app now.
I just want a chronological timeline. At least give us an option to toggle between chronological and "influential" or whatever the intent/purpose was of taking chronological posting away. I literally cannot think of one person who likes this algorithm, and everyone has complained about it since you announced it was coming. It seems that the vast majority is still complaining, and there seems to be absolutely no response to your community's complaints. Please take a look at this and reconsider or provide another option.
Since November, a whole 5 months ago, I have been having an issue where I cannot log in to my accounts normally, therefore I have to get a log in link sent directly to my email. However, with the new update, it doesn't even let me log in with a link sent to my email! I can't log in at all at this point! What's the point of having the instagram app if i can't even access my accounts? I am far beyond annoyed at this point, I am ANGRY. I've contacted Instagram MULTIPLE times about this issue, and is has not been fixed. I'm not the only person experiencing this issue. I'm considering deleting instagram and completely switching to another social media platform if this does not get fixed within the next week. Fix it immediately.
Instagram just updated. It is still not fixed. I am still unable to log in. This is appalling. I'm extremely disappointed.
Oh, and one more thing that makes me angry, is how instagram obviously does not listen to their users. The app is literally broken, many people can't log in, or get logged out constantly. We keep complaining, giving your app low ratings and trying to contact you and ask for help but you simply do not listen. Listen to your users before your app begins to majorly go downhill.
Up until now I have been very pleased with IG and prior to today they would have gotten a five star rating. I have really enjoyed my time here viewing others work and "liking" other people's work. Even if just to encourage them in their progress. I have used IG to better my own skills and to learn from others techniques. No one has ever complained about getting too many likes. If anything that seems to make them happy (me too!) Well, evidently I was liking too many photos (even though this is supposed to be an interactive app) and I have been temporarily banned from liking photos. This is so absurd! I could see if it were lewd comments or rudeness or whatever that was out of line, but liking photos?!?! Come on! So now I can't interact on that level and have to "be careful" once I'm out of IG probation. This new policy needs to go away! It isn't helping anyone and it's a real turn off from using the app and IG. Loosen the reins guys! Seriously. Fix this issue and you'll be back to five stars.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 17, 2017
- Version: 10.17
- Size: 99.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.