News Republic: Breaking National & World News
By News Republic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get complete up-to-the-minute daily breaking news coverage and headlines from over 1,650 fully licensed & trusted news sources nationally and worldwide. Easily customizable and personalized to give you what you are interested in.
“News Republic offers the cure for infobesity” CNET.
“If you love news, News Republic is the right app for you!” AppDictions.
“Best News App”! AppStorm.
Get the latest US Headlines, World News, International Headlines, Global Finance, Sports, NFL, Entertainment, Politics, Technology, Celebrity News - Over 1 million personalized topics in a lightning-fast, innovatively designed interface.
• Introducing your personal news profile! Keep track of your activities, discover your ranking, compare it with friends and followers...
• Quick to set up and access: No more truncated RSS feeds - we bring you complete articles with full text, photos and video all inside the app from trusted US, local and world news sources from New York to San Francisco, to New Delhi and Tokyo.
• Smart: News Republic learns as you read, our technology personalizes your news experience automatically.
- Find the news that matters by following your friends and relatives and learn what is important to them and what might be important to you that you missed. Your own Breaking News.
- Follow News Experts and discover what's important in their given subject area and with the top News Republic Citizens • Daily News Digest: My Personalized Newsfeed is your daily breaking news and headlines briefing, built around your interests.
• In-depth: Explore related topics via Tag Nav™ technology, our innovative news navigation system.
• RSS Feeds: Add custom headlines from your favorite RSS newsfeeds.
• Trending News: Keep yourself updated with the most popular trending articles and topics of the moment.
• Personalized: Choose from over 1 million topics for a custom home screen and news experience.
• Sports fans rejoice: Keep up with the latest news on the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Global International Soccer, NASCAR, Formula 1, MotoGP news, opinion and more.
• Video News: Lightning fast video newsfeeds optimized and in-app including the latest breaking International, Finance, National, Global, Tech, Entertainment and World News. Featured top tier news partners and trusted media sources covering National, Global News, Business, Sports, NFL, Entertainment, Tech News, Science News, Celebrity News, Finance, Health and many more.
Create your own news personal profile and use across multiple devices with a free account, login with Facebook, Google+ or Email.
Offline access - Read the news and your newsfeeds while offline when you are out of coverage. Save articles for reading later, even custom RSS feeds can be read offline. Share across all your favorite apps.
Block the Noise but not its Meaning.
News Republic Facebook - facebook.com/News.Republic
Twitter - @NewsRepublic
YouTube - youtube.com/MyNewsRepublic
Customer Support/Helpshift: email@example.com
Apple Watch Companion app available
What's New in Version 6.4.0
1.News feed design optimized to be more concise;
2.Some not commonly used features removed so that readers can be more concerned about the news content;
3.By what you read, our technology personalizes your news experience more quickly and recommend what you like, using more smart logic;
4.Some bugs fixed and performance optimized.
Roll back latest update ASAP
I'm sorry, but the latest update is just absolutely atrocious. One of the primary reasons I use the app on a daily basis is because it's good at retrieving articles from specific sources I opt for, and always displays the source. Instead, the latest update has removed the news org logos entirely, and writes the source in low contrast gray font. Furthermore, I can't even find in the settings an option to choose my sources anymore. All the articles being shown to me now are all absolute drivel or tabloid click bait, and feature sources I explicitly elected not to be shown. After a minute's worth of scrolling in "Top News", I find nothing from outlets like Reuters, AFP, or the Associated Press; instead it's content from random blogs with headlines like "the results of this new research will change your life". Is this what the update notes call removal of "rarely used features"?
The news feed widget is also equally useless now. It used to be a list of news articles with sources, now it's just entirely an image with a headline and you need to tap next or previous, only to go through the same inane content as in the main app.
If this is the direction this app is headed, count me out, and I urge others to do the same.
Downright abysmal update
I'm a long time user. Nearly every good feature has been wiped clean with the latest update. The new layout is hard to read and navigate. Ads pop up everywhere. News now comes from all sources instead of just those selected. You are redirected to the sites to read news instead of within the app so it no longer feels seamless. The app is now much slower with more ads. Ratings are gone. Not sure who's bright idea it was to break everything!
What did you do? Horrible update!
Why? Why why why???? Your latest update redesign has made the app completely different... in a bad way! All my news tiles are gone... replaced with your "stock" ones that can't be moved. Refreshing the news feed bumps, reshuffles, and removes articles that I was reading. I get horrible ads now. you just went from being the best news app around to an unsubscribe option for me. Please bring back your old ap style - or I will no longer use your app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 16, 2017
- Version: 6.4.0
- Size: 42.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lingala, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: News Republic
- © News Republic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One Year Ad-Free$2.99