My Lines is a tool that assists actors in memorizing their lines. It presents the script in a way that shows the lines of the actor's role separate from those of the other roles. It helps to minimize the need to have a second person help with the lines.
In addition to viewing the script, the recording capability allows you to record the lines of the script. When the script is ‘played’ back, it will stop when it gets to the actor’s line. Pressing next will then continue the playing of lines until the actor’s next line.
Changes to the script can easily be made and retained on your device.
Go to www.mylinesonline.com to see a sample of how a script is presented.
• A tool to help actors learn lines
• Actors part is highlighted to easily identify in the script
• Easy to select different roles
• Hidden mode where all lines are visible except the actors role
• Bookmark any line in the script for quick positioning in the script
• Reads your script using Text-to-Speech
• Specify number of cues before your line
• Multiple highlighting colors
• Role mode allows you to scroll through the script in a way that your lines are separated from the other lines in the script
• Service on website is available to create scripts on a word processor and download onto your device.
• Make audio recording of the lines. This lets you be prompted for your lines instead of needing to have someone read the lines to you
• Make changes to the script on your device
• User can customize different font sizes for dialog lines and stage direction
• Choice of positioning the role name to the left of dialog or above dialog
• Store as many scripts as space limitations will allow. A typical script for a 2 hour play is around 250K
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great tool with great potential
Yes, the interface can be tricky to navigate and, yes, preparing/importing scripts is a bit convoluted, but this app has helped me so much over the last couple years. I usually now just dictate scripts (even lengthy ones) directly into the app... I think of that process as yet another way of studying/learning lines. Then I assign voices and start working. I haven’t tried any other line-learning apps, so can’t compare. One odd thing recently: a few certain words like “it” end up being pronounced “eye tee.” Can’t understand why, but hope that’ll be corrected at some point. Of course, though, even hearing mistakes like that in your cue line actually makes it more memorable, which is the whole point.
Amazing support - excellent app
I’ve used this app for at least six years and love it. There’s nothing out there quite like it and it’s constantly getting improvements. If I ever run into a challenge Randy responds within hours or minutes. If you want to make the challenge of memorization much more efficient, get this app. It’s so nice to be able review lines, run cue to cue, etc. while waiting in line, commuting, sitting at home, just before hitting the stage. Thanks for a great app!
Apparently you have to create your own version of the script on your own computer in the exactly correct format before you can use it with this ap. I expected a library from which I could import a ready made script. Not so. Useless for me.
- MyLines LLC
- 80.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2010-2016 Randy Threewits
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.