365 Crosswords for iPad
By Simon & Schuster
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Solve a year's worth of Simon & Schuster crossword puzzles on your iPad, all in one simple download. 365 Crosswords contains unique and challenging crossword puzzles for solvers of every level. Created by the best constructors-–and edited by top puzzle master John M. Samson-—these puzzles brought to you by the original crossword publishers, Simon and Schuster, offer hours of entertainment.
Play 365 Crosswords anywhere, anytime, without a WiFi or 3G connection, and without a subscription.
• Sort and choose crosswords by degree of difficulty, level of completion, author, or title
• Jump right into play with the "Pick One For Me" option
• Download free bonus and themed puzzles in application updates
• Solve puzzles in "pen" or "pencil" mode
• Solve difficult "rebus" crosswords by selecting multiple letter mode
• Check or reveal a letter, a word, or the entire grid
Are you up for the challenge? Fire up your iPad, get ready to tap and find out!
• Manage and sort puzzles from the List Puzzles menu
• All settings can be accessed by tapping the gear-shaped icon from the Main Menu
• To key in answers, click the pencil icon to bring up the keyboard
• To check/reveal answers (with cheating enabled), click the green check icon
About Simon & Schuster:
In 1924, Simon & Schuster published its first title, The Cross Word Puzzle Book. Not only was it the publisher's first release -- it was the first collection of crossword puzzles ever printed.
Today, eighty-five years later, the legendary Simon & Schuster Crossword Puzzle Book series maintains its status as the standard-bearer for cruciverbal excellence.
Too hard to check for right answer
After working with a great many crossword apps and being accustomed to being able to check letters as I put them in. This app is definitely not any fun to fool with. There are too many clicks to go check an answer. I got really tired of it and have deleted it....chalked up my $5 as lost. Also there were too many words misspelled.
This app crashed before I even started my first puzzle, and again during the first solve. I tried another puzzle, restarted my iPad, etc. No joy. I hope they update soon or I threw away $5 without even having a chance to really try it!
Not only crashes but erases puzzle and you have to start again. This needs immediate fix. Not worth the money. Too frustrating.
- Category: Games
- Released: Oct 30, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simon & Schuster
- © 2010 Simon & Schuster, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.