Gangstar: Miami Vindication HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"You’ll definitely get your money’s worth if you take a ride with Miami Vindication, and this series is still among the best crime games on the iPhone." -SlideToPlay 4/4 MUST HAVE
The most ambitious crime simulation ever released on iPhone is already available on iPad! After rising to be the top selling iPhone game on the App Store at its launch, Gangstar: Miami Vindication is back with HD graphics for an adventure in the streets of Miami that will leave you breathless!
Enjoy the most immersive full-3D crime simulation ever on iPad! Gangstar: Miami Vindication has a new, unique feel that delivers a deep storyline of revenge: plunge into Miami gang life and live a fast-paced adventure to liberate your little brother who has been kidnapped by the Armada gang for unknown reasons…
WELCOME TO MIAMI
- A long lifespan, far beyond the typical iPad game, with more than 75 varied missions: infiltrate gangs, snipe enemies, escort witnesses, chase cars and survive the jungle of Miami.
- An amazing reconstruction of an entire sprawling metropolis with a massive open-ended environment that recreates Miami, including Downtown, Miami Beach, The Harbor, Miami Bay, and The Swamps.
- Beware of the Miami PD! Thanks to the new improved AI, the cops will react intelligently and call for FBI reinforcements if needed.
TONS OF NEW VEHICLES AND WEAPONS
- New amazing vehicles to drive, from regular cars & motorcycles to boats, jet skis and even a helicopter!
- Storyline missions will take you inside each of these vehicles as you race, chase and take on time trials.
- Defeat rival gang members by using a new arsenal of weapons including grenades, flame throwers and Molotov cocktails. See just how it feels to blow out Miami!
A UNIQUE FEELING OF REALISM
- A deep storyline of revenge: the scenario was jointly written with a scriptwriter from the popular TV show, “The Wire” and is delivered by countless breathtaking, voice acted cutscenes.
- A true feeling of freedom: complete missions at your own pace and do absolutely anything you want, by day or by night.
- Radio stations broadcast popular songs from famous hip-hop, rock and electro artists, including artists from the famous Ninja Tunes label.
Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft or read our official blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
Updated for iOS 4.3
The next best thing to GTA
Given the fact that this is an ipad game, it's obviously not going to have as many features as GTA, but it's definitely worth buying if you are fan of GTA-type games. It offers all the simple basics of street crime games. Hijacking cars, motorcycles, and boats, a wide variety of weapons, and street crime missions.
There are plenty of weapons to choose, from grenades and molotovs to SMGs and Shotguns. The aiming system works very well too.
The vehicle selection is good too. There is even a boat that can be driven on land (which I discovered purely by accident).
Steering helicopters is different than console-games, however. To move forward you lean your ipad forward. You'll get used to it after a short time.
It has fun missions and colorful characters. Overall I am very happy with this game and look forward to a sequel. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a GTA-type game for their iPad.
I'm stuck at a part where my character can't jump on boxes to reach a ledge. If anyone knows a way to guarantee a jump please enlighten me. The rest of the gameplay is great, though. I prefer stick over motion for driving as it gives best control. The helicopter is a pain to fly, but it adds a good twist from the other vehicles. There's a good assortment of weapons and fighting is simple and intuitive. Graphics are a bit weak but I'm not picky in that regard, the gameplay makes for it.
I am most impressed with the length of the game. I would have expected it to end after 3 long and challenging chapters, but it just keeps going (which is a good thing!) I got this game on sale for $0.99 so this is by far the best game I've purchased in terms of bang-for-buck, but even at the regular price I would highly recommend it.
Crash crash crash glitch glitch glitch....
Would be better except for the following...
-Too much obscene language. If the app is rated 12+, it should not contain this content.
-Crashes all the time. Come on! Every single time on iPad 2.
-Johnny cant jump. It takes forever to get Johnny to jump. Some missions are unpassable because of this.
-Poor graphics. Can we take advantage of the 1024x768 screen, here?! This is iPad!!
-Final mission??? Why is there an objective marker after beating the game, but when you go to it, all that happens is characters switch.
-Few cars. More cars, please!!!
-Few guns and effects. More please!!!
-Too few missions. Beat it in one day! Come on!!
Currently not $7 material. But, it has great potential. The only problem is that there hasnt been am update in years. It makes me wonder if Gameloft even cares about their customers...
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 20, 2011
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 474 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- ©2010 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.