Food Network In the Kitchen
By Television Food Network G.P.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Hall of Fame App and One of the Top Recipe Apps in the App Store. Now with recipe VIDEOS!**
Get instant access to your favorite Food Network chefs and thousands of their most popular recipes with In the Kitchen, the award-winning, top-rated recipe app, now available for FREE!
Cook with Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri and more. Check out their recipe videos and get helpful tips from our library of HOW-TO VIDEOS. Save your favorite Food Network recipes, access your own personal recipes saved on FoodNetwork.com, add ingredients to your GROCERY LIST and more with the new and improved RECIPE BOX.
Now get Food Network on your Apple Watch! The perfect companion for your iPhone:
- See which show is on Food Network now and what's coming up next.
- See which recipes are being prepared on TV (for shows that have recipes available).
- Add recipes directly to your Recipe Box from your Apple Watch.
- NEW RECIPES added every month.
- THOUSANDS OF RECIPES, VIDEOS AND PHOTOS from your favorite Food Network chefs and shows, making it fun and easy to cook like the pros.
- WATCH HELPFUL RECIPE VIDEOS on select recipes.
- SEARCH BY CHEF OR INGREDIENT to fit your needs and tastes.
- USE YOUR APPLE WATCH to add recipes directly to your Recipe Box.
- BROWSE REGULARLY UPDATED SEASONAL COLLECTIONS, including:
~~ Fan Favorites
~~ Quick & Easy
- SAVE FAVORITE RECIPES TO THE NEW AND IMPROVED RECIPE BOX:
~~ Save Food Network recipes and access your personal recipes as well as recipes from other websites to create a one-stop-shop for all your favorite recipe content.
~~ Share with friends and family straight from the Recipe Box via Facebook, Twitter and email.
- ADD YOUR OWN NOTES, TIPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS to each recipe for quick and easy reference.
- ADD INGREDIENTS AND OTHER SHOPPING ITEMS TO YOUR PERSONAL GROCERY LIST, which you can access even without a network connection.
- SHARE recipes on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and via email.
- USE THE UNIT CONVERTER to easily convert your recipes by volume or weight.
- USE MULTIPLE COOKING TIMERS to keep tabs on several recipes at once.
- READ USER RATINGS AND REVIEWS for individual recipes to discover what other Food Network fans loved or changed about each dish.
- SHOP for all your cooking needs in the Food Network Store.
Additional features for the iPad include:
- Our HOW-TO VIDEOS section provides helpful tips and tricks on everything from baking to knife skills, everyday basics and top cooking techniques (only available in the U.S. due to licensing restrictions).
- The interactive MEAL PLANNER helps you name and organize your menu for special occasions and every day meals.
Please note that videos are only available for playback in the United States due to licensing restrictions.
Food Network In the Kitchen is compatible with iOS 7 and iOS 8 for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
What's New in Version 4.8.1
Includes optimizations and bug fixes for In the Kitchen on iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
You can do better Food Netwok
The good things about this app are that it has a lot of content and makes it fairly easy to find recipes from the network's shows if there was something you saw and wanted to try.
It suffers from long load times on start up and occasional crashes. So it's performance isn't the best.
The biggest issue with the app is the miserable organization capability of the saved recipe box. There is no way to create folders or recipe categories from within the app. You can only save to one generic recipe box. Surely this can be fixed by now?? Other apps have this feature which make them much more useable.
Miss the oldies
I love the recipes and they are handy on my mobile devices. I must say that I do miss some of the cooks and or chefs I don't see anymore like Sandra Lee and Paula Deen. I loved their ideas, family involvement, and their honest approach to cooking. I doubt the Queen will ever dine at my table but their "down home" approach fit my family the best. The pioneer lady is the closest to their performance. I doubt the farmers wife every really milked a cow! I hope you bring them back or find someone with that approach. Please, no more pompous affectations of recipes fit for French Bistros or New York Hotels.
Love the content in the app with thousands of recipes but it's just so brutal to use. The search kind of works. Random buttons like save to recipe box sometimes appear, sometimes they don't. Just badly designed and coded up. Time for a brand new app cause this one is borderline unfixable and with so much content you really have a huge opportunity to have a great app.
Ow and having ads at the bottom in the app? Really? Didn't realize Food Network was struggling that bad. At least integrate ads better in the app so it's not just a banner like free games made in someone's basement have.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jun 15, 2015
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Television Food Network G.P.
- © 2012 Television Food Network G.P.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.