By Robots and Pencils Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore 100 levels of critter packed adventure, as you play the hero in a quest to reach a horde of treasure and a princess in distress.
Enchanted Cave is a classic adventure game with a casual play style. Equip your character with the best equipment and try and explore as deep into the cave as you can. If you run low on health, you can warp back to the beginning of the cave - but be warned, you will only get to keep the rarest of artifacts that you find.
* Don't try and defeat every monster in the dungeon - you will quickly run out of health!
* Only artifacts (items obtained from golden chests) will be kept when you use magical wings.
* There is a chance to obtain spells after level 10 - these will also be kept if you use your wings to escape the dungeon.
* Some gems are hidden - keep an eye out for monsters guarding what may seem like empty corners.
* The proprietor of the cave will follow you on your journey - if you make it far enough he will give you another chance to buy new equipment.
* Your game will be saved automatically - take a break whenever you'd like, and come back to play at any time!
[Enchanted Cave is OpenFeint enabled.]
What's New in Version 2.1.1
-Removed OpenFeint as it was causing crashes.
I'm not sure anyone should spend the money for this version. Online, the game is wonderful, but the iPad version has some issues:
The shop screen is a pain. You scroll through items one by one instead of being able to see them as a list. Not sure why they made it that way.
The actual combat in the game is slower. You can't move your character after a fight or after picking up a gem/bag until the numbers have faded from the screen. A minor annoyance, but it is constantly happening.
Picking up items is annoying. It always pops up a screen that asks if you want to use or equip what you found, and you need to exit it every time you get something.
Eye of Wealth no longer works. You can't click on chests on the screen for whatever reason, so you will never know what is in chests until you open them. That makes finding wings or spells more irritating, especially since picking up chest items is more annoying, as I detailed above. You also can't click on enemies to see their stats before fighting them.
You can't rearrange items in your inventory.
The achievements are gone, as is the artifact list.
For some reason agility gems are invisible. This isn't so bad if you can learn the layout of the floors (so you can tell if there's an invisible gem occupying a loot location) but sometimes it's fun to just play without thinking.
Also a request - please allow us to carry over stats/artifacts to a new game like the pc version. Would be nice if the end boss dropped the awesome sword too.
Still giving 5 stars. This game is really addictive and I consider it money well spent.
Needs a LOT of work
I love the game but a few major things need to be changed to make it 5 stars I would really love it if there were shops every 9th floor and if I could tap an enemy to see their stats rather than having to charge in to battle and write them down... Please consider these changes!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 25, 2011
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Robots and Pencils Inc.
- © 2010 Robots And Pencils
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.