By Floodlight Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Drug Diary is not a pill tracker, but a means to quickly build an inventory of prescribed and OTC medications you have taken along with notes on your experiences. This is done using locally stored information from the National Library of Medicine and quick data entry methods that minimize typing. You can then track your experiences with those medications using notes and a variety of formatted reports that can be viewed on the device or emailed in PDF format. Store info on your physicians and pharmacies and tie them to your medication records using the contacts feature. You also have once tap access to the latest information on your medications from MedlinePlus, a service provided by the National Library of Medicine.
Drug Diary is a great solution for maintaining a list of prescription and over the counter medications you are taking along with all pertinent information required by your healthcare providers. It is also ideal for maintaining a record of medications you have tried for chronic conditions, along with dated notes regarding side effects and results. In both cases, it's not only easy to enter and maintain the info, but also display it using a number of different PDF report formats suited to meet different situations.
- Preloaded with over-the-counter and prescription medication information from the National Library of Medicine which allows you to enter your medications with a series of simple selections and very minimal typing. Entering a prescription for a medication in the NLMs vast database takes seconds and only requires typing the first few characters of the drug name, then selecting from a listing of the available dosages and forms for that medication. Additional data is optional and equally as easy to enter with minimal or no typing.
- Ability to view a list of medications you are currently taking along with their dosages, start date, your notes, and links to your device's address book entries for the prescriber and pharmacy. Contacts allow you to launch a call directly from the application on an iPhone
- From the detailed listing of your stored medications, tapping the drug name takes you to info for that drug from MedlinePlus, a vast resource of information provided by the National Library of Medicine. This feature requires network access.
- Ability to view your historical medications and past dosages of current medications - ideal for users who have tried many medications and have difficulty tracking which they've been on and why they might have stopped or changed dosages
- Create reports from all of your entered data in PDF format to view on the device or email to your physician or yourself for printing. Several reports are offered with varying levels of detail and are ideal to have handy to bring to your next doctor's appointment
- Simple to use and attractive interface
What's New in Version 2.0
- Now uses data from the National Library of Medicine to populate medication information with more current and wide reaching data
- You can now view info on things such as side effects, missed dose instructions and more from MedlinePlus linked directly in your medication library
- As requested, you now have the ability to delete contacts from the app by swiping and deleting. This does not impact your address book
- Various minor bug fixes & optimizations
- Streamlined databatabase and other enhancements mean smaller storage requirements
- Some minor interface beautification
Love this app, best thing is that its free. It's so hard to find one that fits everything you are looking for. Before i had a huge box of every medication my husband and i were taking, him having a history of a bad heart and myself being constintely sick. I was able to insert them all in this app and throw them all away. I love how you can link which doctor prescribed to which medication.
Only thing i would say is when you accidently discontinue a prescription, you should have the option to recontinue it. I made the mistake of discontinuing one of my husbands meds and have to delete the whole thing and start over.
Also perhaps have multiple users if you have a family so it doesnt get confusing whos meds is for who.
Grade = F
Dear Diary,... Uh, Dear Drug Diary. Your product crashes and loses entries. Customers: Do not buy this product. It is a failure. It does not score well enough to get an "F". I entered a prescription including dosage. That worked fine. Then I added the pharmacy. I added a note regarding the Rx. Then I added the prescribing doctor. CRASH! FLASH! Boing! Gone! I go back in and all my data is gone but HEY! The links to the Apple's contacts (pharmacy and doctor) are still there but everything else is gone! No medication. No notes. Nothing I added to the APP was left. Bye-bye! All gone. Sooo... Bye-Bye Drug Diary.
Very convenient way to keep track of your prescription history
This application provides a very convenient way to keep track of your prescription history. Comprehensive drug database makes entry very easy!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 18, 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Floodlight Software LLC
- © Floodlight Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.