N.O.V.A. 2 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate sci-fi FPS is back! Get ready to step into a whole new level of gaming on your Apple device!
Pocket Gamer - 9/10 + Gold Award: "Without question, it's the finest first-person shooter on iPhone and iPod touch to date, replacing its predecessor with sharper action, killer graphics, and the best multiplayer experience around."
IGN - 8.5/10 + Editor's Choice: "The controls are smooth, which helps so much when the action gets furious."
The AppEra: "N.O.V.A. 2 is simply the BEST FPS on the App Store right now. Go get it, now."
TouchGen: "Intense and highly addictive."
iLounge: "It’s hard to find a game with this much content and intensity at any price."
148apps: "N.O.V.A. 2 really does feel almost console worthy."
App Advice: "The best online multiplayer around with quick connection, and ten player battles."
BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER!
- Meet new enemies with improved AI! Volterites’ new tactics make the gyroscope controls ideal
- Master a larger range of weapons & powers
- Much more diversified gameplay: run, shoot, fall, drive a motorbike, pilot a giant mech, and blast a laser
- The more, the merrier, now with up to 10 players in 10 multiplayer maps
- Build a career and rise through the multiplayer leaderboard
- Explore new locations, offering amazing graphics, fully optimized for the Retina display
- Enjoyed the first N.O.V.A. – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance? Be rewarded with extra bonuses.
6 years have passed since the events depicted in the first episode.
Humanity is now thrown into a bloody civil war fought on one side by the central government of the Terran Orbitals and the self-appointed Human-Alien Alliance; a new organization with a mysterious origin and agenda. Kal Wardin left active service in N.O.V.A. years ago and now lives among the colonists of the desert planet Scorpius.
But war never spares even the most peaceful places...
AN UNPARALLELED SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN:
- 12 chapters taking you through hostile, yet amazing environments of various Orbitals
- Over a dozen weapons including the Dual Hand Guns, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Automatic Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Alien Plasma Gun, Alien Lightning Gun, Alien Laser Gun, Turrets, Frag Grenades and Mines
- 3 special powers: Freeze, Slow Time and Disc for melee combat
- A wide range of enemies with improved AI, for even more intense combats
INTENSE MULTIPLAYER MODES:
- 1~10 players online or locally
- 5 modes: Free for All, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Freeze Tag, and InstaGib
- Ranking & Perk systems
- 10 maps on which to battle it out
- Play against your friends or the entire world through Gameloft LIVE!
- Worldwide leaderboards in the game & on the official website, www.near-orbit-vanguard-alliance.com
EXCLUSIVE REWARDS FOR VETERAN PLAYERS
If you played the first episode:
- Jump into multiplayer with bonus XP, allowing you access to advanced weaponry
- Unlock a special achievement on Gameloft LIVE!
JOIN THE FIGHT WITH MANY OTHER FANS!
Enlist on Twitter @NOVA_fps
Visit www.near-orbit-vanguard-alliance.com for more information.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.1.7
Multiplayer Map Pack 1 delivers 3 additional multiplayer maps, featuring brand-new battlefields:
- Floating Rocks: These low-orbit platforms were designed as opulent resorts. Now they’re desirable vantage points. This map provides the ideal environment for close-range conflict between small teams. Hold the high ground to rain gunfire down on enemies. But one misstep can lead to a quick trip to the planet’s surface.
- Aquarius Beach: This facility once housed hundreds of N.O.V.A. trainees. Now, it’s a mid-range killing field with prime sniper nests and plenty of natural cover. But don’t get comfortable in one spot; many paths make it easy to flank the unaware. The ability to adapt to interior and exterior combat is key to survival here.
- Icy Bridge: This vast Volterite mining complex uses an energy field to stay suspended between mountains. While you can walk on this field, it does not obstruct weapons. It's great for getting the drop on unsuspecting targets, but provides no cover from counterattacks. Large teams often vie for control of the strategic center facility.
Get 10 free XP levels in multiplayer.
Better protection against hacking thanks to bug fixes.
This game is definitely the best FPS I've seen. Despite it's price, it's worth every penny.
Killer graphics, thus game brings the iOS 4 Retina Display to a new level. It looks amazing on lower generations, as well. This will intrigue many new players, who will soon be amazed.
Sounds & Music, 9/10
Sounds and music can never be perfect, and this game is no exception. But that doesn't mean it can't come close. With amazing sound effects that sound realistic, and great background music that brings it all out, this is definitely one of the bases of the game.
The control are near perfect. The gyroscope control is a bit fidgety, but that's to be expected. Normal controls are excellent, and the option to change the control interface is intriguing.
Although you have to have played the first game to understand parts of the storyline (Like Prometheus), it is still great, and seems very well planned. Challenges and time trials are scattered everywhere, keeping you from knowing what's around the corner!
This game features beautiful multiplayer, allowing up to ten players, five game modes, and twists on them, it is a truly wonderful experience for both the player and the others. It rarely lags, keeping players up with the game.
With the variety of weapons, this keeps you from knowing what'll happen next. Anything's possible... And that's what makes it a fun and addicting experience.
Overall Rating, 9/10
Lost for words...
This is an amazing game, a must have for halo fans. I have a couple of bugs and suggestions to report. Suggestions, 1. I noticed that its very hard to get kills at first when playing online. Like when your level one, I'm suggesting that you make the Assault Rifle do more damage. 2.I think it would be cool to be able to customize you character, like be able to select different helmets and chest pieces. Maybe even make a symbol that will display on certain areas on your armor even in TDM. That way it will be easier to create groups. 3. You should make a skirmish mode. 4. You should be able to get in vehicles online, which would include putting vehicles in online maps. 5. Maybe you could make a different app that you could use to make maps. Including the ability to raise and lower the ground, change texture, add vehicles, set CTF flag points, and of course, place spawn points. (the reason that I suggest a different app is because people already complain about download time...)And make sure it isn't too complex. Bugs. 1. On the Mission "Driving By", the first set of obstacles after you lower the bridge will throw you off course and you will go through the map if you hit them. And I have tested it several times to make sure and it happens every time. Thank you for reading my suggestions and I hope you use them and find them useful. My name online is Jagfist.
Really hard entry
Ok so I gave this game a hard review at first because the beginning of the game is deceptively hard, and they even refer to it a little later in the game, but after you get thru that it lets up. It takes some time to get used to the controls, but it can be done. I set the sensitivity up high for wider turning circumfrence. My preference is with the gyro controls on. Turning is really smooth with no jumpiness and it adds a lot to the realism of the game. But you need to have a swivel chair for that. And I highly recommend the use of headphones, because the sound is in stereo so you can hear which direction your taking fire from. Also you can hear all the other background sound as well. Gameloft did extra well with the sound on this app and the device speakers don't do it justice.
Game play keeps you hopping but not so much that it burns you out. And even with the directional arrow I got temporarily lost in the jungle. Ammo isn't scarce but it helps to take time to aim. I let my son play and he was always scrambling for ammo. I'm not very deep in the game, but the storyline so far is get to the war factory and destroy it. We'll see what happens. Gameplay definitely makes up for the lack of story line.
Anyway it's a good game that is fun to play and can be addicting.
Oh yah and by the way the word bastard is not a curse word, it is a word use to reference a male dog.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 11, 2011
- Version: 1.1.7
- Size: 609 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2010 Gameloft. All rights reserved. Gameloft, the Gameloft logo and N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- N.O.V.A. 2 : Multiplayer Map Pack 1$1.99