Recipe, Menu & Cooking Planner
By Pepperplate Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pepperplate is the only app for serious cooks - it has all the tools you need to cook weeknight dinners or host a dinner party for 12. Manage your recipes, create menus, shop with ease and cook like a pro.
* Seamlessly manage your recipes, menus and shopping lists on the web, iPad and iPhone.
* Take your iPhone or iPad into the kitchen and cook your whole menu with multiple cooking timers.
* Create recipes on the iPad and iPhone or make changes to existing recipes.
* Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
* Import recipes from your favorite sites and add your own from cookbooks, magazines or old family recipes.
* Combine recipes into menus for dinner parties or holiday meal planning.
* Organize your meals for the week or month by adding menus and recipes to the schedule.
* Add to your shopping list and it automatically syncs to your iPad, iPhone, iPod and Pepperplate.com.
* Organize your shopping to automatically match the way you shop in the grocery store.
* Create your own unlimited categories to organize your recipe collection.
* Your collection synchronizes from the website to the iPad and iPhone and is backed up without connecting to a computer.
* Take your entire collection with you to the grocery store or while traveling, no internet connection required.
* Manage your cooking timers over wifi away from the kitchen on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
* Login with Facebook or your free Pepperplate account
What's New in Version 2.8
Import recipes directly from the browser on your iPhone or iPad
Facebook login improvements
Support for iOS 9
Great app...need more options for sorting
I actually love Pepperplate, and use it daily for meal planning, shopping and cooking, but wish it had better sorting options. It would be nice to view recipes by category; i.e. Main course, side dishes, desserts. Instead, the only way I've found to view recipes by category is using the filter. This provides a view of all recipes in a single category, but once a recipe is viewed, the filter must be reset before the category can be viewed again. This is repetitious and time-consuming. The existing sort options are ascending or descending, by date or alphabetically. The integration between the recipes, planner and shopping list is flawless. It's easy to plan meals then add the recipe items to the shopping list. As long as all your devices are synced, you can easily create a shopping list from the planner, even if you don't remember to do it until you're at the grocery store. Having the recipe at hand reduces the chance of getting home and discovering you've forgotten a key ingredient. Expand the sorting options, and my rating is five stars!
Needs an iOS 10 update ASAP!
I had to cut back a couple of stars because some improvements need to me made with regard to iOS 10 compatibility. Since I've upgraded, I've noticed that whenever you leave the app (say, using multitasking to switch to another app) and come back, the app reloads back to the home screen (recipes). This can cause checked items on the shopping list to be unchecked again because the app hasn't synchronized with the server. Another flaw is that when sending multiple recipes (unfortunately in separate emails...would like to see that soon), choosing the email option on a different recipe after you've already sent one will result in sending an email with the previous recipe. It's like the first recipe you sent gets stuck. This issue, of course, is resolved by quitting the app and relaunching it.
This app makes my weekly meal planning much simpler and I hope to see an update soon. I'm disappointed that the last update was Sept. 2015.
LOVE THIS APP....just wish there was more support
Have not seen another recipe app as cool as this. Love the feature where I can add categories and find, for example, all "Chicken" recipes. Great idea. Also like the "planner" (I used a lot) and the ability to add photos. I don't even mind adding recipes manually for unsupported apps. Just wish they would actually resolve the issues . With last update on iPhone, I can no longer save any recipes - it refuses to sync. So what good is it? I wouldn't even mind paying for this app if it was supported. But no update since Sept 2015? Where did the developers go? They seem very nice when responding to emails, just no follow-through on solving the problems. Advice - charge $1.99 for the app and hire help. It would be nice to actually "add" recipes to your app again. Hope it works again soon, haven't been able to use for over a month.