Orbitz Flights, Hotels, Cars
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DOWNLOAD AND SAVE! Save an extra $25 on select hotels on your first app booking when you use promo code DOWNLOAD25. Just book by 3/31/16 and travel by 6/30/16 for 2 nights or longer. *See full terms at: http://www.orbitz.com/mobile.
+ App Store Hall of Fame inductee (iPhone)
+ App Store Editors' Choice selection (iPhone)
+ "Best Travel App" -- 2014 APPY Awards
Orbitz is the #1 way to book travel on your mobile device. Designed for iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, and iPod touch, the Orbitz app lets you quickly and easily search and book flights, hotels, and rental cars without leaving the app. Plus, join Orbitz Rewards and start earning Orbucks on your flight and hotel bookings that you can instantly redeem on hotels in the app – app bookers earn 5% on hotels and 1% on flights and flight+hotel packages! You can also access and share current trips and flight status, find last-minute hotel rooms nearby, and get exclusive app-only deals off our best hotels! Orbitz offers a simple, secure booking process, a Best Price Guarantee, and 24x7 customer support.
UNRIVALED SPEED & EASE OF USE
• Search and book flights, hotels, rental cars without leaving the app. Plus, iPhone users: Save up to $775* by booking a flight+hotel vacation package on the app
• 1-tap access to recent searches from app homescreen
• Auto-suggest options when entering city/airport names, points of interest, addresses
• Powerful sort and filter capabilities
• Single-screen booking process that pre-fills info when you sign in
GREAT DEALS, EVEN AT THE LAST-MINUTE
• Ability to book last-minute, including a convenient "nearby tonight" option for hotels
• New app-only deals all the time: Exclusive savings off our best hotels!
FABULOUS REWARDS PROGRAM
• Join Orbitz Rewards and start earning Orbucks on flight and hotel bookings that you can instantly redeem on hotels in the app. App bookers earn 5% on hotels and 1% on flights and flight+hotel packages!
USEFUL HOTEL INFORMATION
• See hotels plotted on a map, including a full-screen landscape view on iPhone and a split list/map view on iPad
• Comprehensive reviews from travelers
CONVENIENT TRAVEL TOOLS
• View itineraries 24x7 and trip info on the app home screen during your trip and when you're getting ready to depart
• Add trips to the Calendar app or share via email
• Info on flight delays and gate changes that you can share via Mail, Message, or private Facebook notifications
• Directions to your hotel
A TRUSTED NAME
• Secure booking process
• 24x7 customer service
• Best Price Guarantee – Orbitz customers who find their same prepaid hotel room, flight, or car for a lower price online may receive rewards equal to price difference + bonus of up to $200 to be used on a future hotel booking
• No Orbitz fees on hotel cancellations or changes
* Save $775 when booking flight+hotel together: Savings based on Flight + Hotel vacation package bookings of 5 or more nights with individual calculable components on www.orbitz.com from October 1, 2014 through March 31, 2015, as compared to price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates, and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.
What's New in Version 5.4
* Now you can book up to 4 hotel rooms at once on the app, plus mix-and-match room types. Need a standard room + suite instead of just 2 standard rooms? No problem!
* Enjoying iOS 9? Now you can use Spotlight Search to quickly get back into a hotel search you’ve previously done on the app. And for you iPhone 6s and 6s Plus users, now you can use 3D Touch to access the app’s new Home screen quick actions to find a hotel near you, access your itinerary, or check flight status.
iPhone + iPad:
* In addition to highlighting our amazing MOBILE-only hotel deals, we now highlight our equally amazing MEMBERS-only hotel deals on the app. Make sure you're signed-in to access all our best deals!
Decent. It works. Could use tech upgrade.
UPDATE: The app is good. For what it is but lately I've found the prices significantly cheaper by booking directly through AA or Delta Airlines. I'm not sure what is going on but it hasn't been my go-to app for travel in a long time. Today I booked a car reservation following a flight reservation on Sunday. I realized that the app does not remember my information and continuously asks me to log in. Every other app that I use allows me to log right in because it remembers me or uses my biometric information that is stored on the phone. I've been forced to update my password about four times this year because it keeps forgetting my log-in information. Also, it's taking so much time to log in that I sometimes lose the rate that I intended to purchase. Overall good app but there is certainly room for improvement.
Beware of booking
This past week I've used this app to book both a hotel and flight. Both times I was double billed. No confirmation with hotel or airline provided but charged. I was told the charges were pending and would not come off my credit card. Not true. I was charged double. Luckily the hotel was understanding and took care of the over charge. In credit card dispute now over double charge for flight. Save your money and your time. I've never had this problem through all my bookings with Expedia. Book through someone else and if you do book with Orbitz watch your emails for confirmations from BOTH orbitz AND a confirmation from the actual hotel and/or airline. An Orbitz confirmation email does not insure your reservation. Maybe do yourself a favor and book through elsewhere... save yourself some grief.
This is good for general research, however I still book my tickets with my PC. Here is why;
-This app does not let me choose the seat, while the PC website does.
-Despite the app having a button for multi-city travel, it is non-functional and only directs you to the website (which works much better on a PC)
-This app defaults my location to my nearest airport, which is not much more than an abandoned military base which is totally useless for commercial travel. Its a pain to reset every time I use the app. It would be much better if this app allowed me to select my default airport (to one that actually has commercial flights) than mechanically selecting it to the nearest runway.
-The search 2 days before and after function is wonderful, but needs an upgrade to search more days. Also, this feature needs to be included for 1 way trips, not just round trips.
Hopefully Orbitz will fix these issues soon. Then it will truly be a great 5 star app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 12, 2015
- Version: 5.4
- Size: 54.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Orbitz Worldwide, LLC
- © 2014 Orbitz, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.