Where's Waldo?® in Hollywood
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate search and find adventure continues in Hollywood! Set against a backdrop of famous film sets, this sequel has all the elements that made Where’s Waldo? The Fantastic Journey a #1 selling game in 9 countries, and more!
**THEAPPERA: "Where's Waldo in Hollywood Game is an A Lister!"
10 new star-studded scenes are enhanced with animated graphics, eye-popping color and detail, new game-play modes and functionality, featuring the latest device capabilities.
- BEAT ODLAW “VERSUS” MODE: Play against Waldo’s arch-nemesis, Odlaw, in a timed hunt for hidden objects.
- STORY MODE: Explore the game through a “free play” untimed experience, accompanied by Waldo and his friends, Wenda, Woof and Wizard Whitebeard.
- STAR-STUDDED CHALLENGES: Search for Waldo and explore ten paparazzi-filled red carpet events and epic Hollywood film sets, including “Silent Movie,” “The Wild West,” “The Three Musketeers,” “Song and Dance,” “Robin Hood,” and more!
- ENHANCED PLAYER EXPERIENCE: Broaden the search field with scrollable maps, “Pinch-to-Zoom” and Multi-Touch technology, which improves users’ capabilities to spot small objects and look for integrated clues that lead to cleverly camouflaged items.
Join the Search now…at this limited time low price!
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Bug Fixes, enhanced memory
- Game is more stable, faster
Sound settings don't work
Great game, would give 5 stars however the sound settings do not save properly. I typically set all volume settings for games to silent as I might open the game in a setting where I don't want sound. When I set the volume sliders all the way down to 0 then back out of the settings screen the sliders always bump up one notch automatically. Once I get in the game the music starts playing. I have even seen this behavior when the phone's physical sound switch is flipped to silent. This is a major bug in my mind... Using Verizon iPhone 4.
Don't Waste Your Money, App Useless
I can't believe I paid for an app that doesn't even work. I've even deleted it and then reinstalled to see if it would fix the problems, but nope! When I first download it, it lets me play the first game... I find Waldo, all the objects, and the Hollywood letters. Then it makes me search for a second Waldo that doesn't exist (believe me, I've looked for like a half hour, he's not there!). So I'm forced to quit the current game and after that, the app freezes and I can't click on anything on the home page and none of the buttons work, no matter how many times I quit the app, reinstall, or restart my phone. Totally useless app, don't waste your money like I did.
Fun game, but nothing like original
I grew up loving the Waldo books. I still do love them. While this game did make me smile and was thoroughly enjoyable, the items that I was searching for were nothing like the books. You're looking for mostly people or scenes, not the challenging glasses or tails.
My biggest turnoff to the game is the highly touted "VS Odlaw" mode. It is very easy and not fun at all. Also, I wish that you could use hints on the Hollywood letters, as I don't need them often for the other objects.
I would have liked to have seen more likeness to the books, but this was worth a dollar.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 28, 2011
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 105 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Ludia
- © 2010 Martin Handford. Characters and other images are used under license from Classic Media Distribution Limited. All rights reserved. © 2010 Ludia Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.