"Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up" -- WeDoCode
Enter the absorbing world of Osmos: part ambient, cosmic simulator, and part Darwinistic game of survival. This multi-award-winning game features beautiful, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and an atmospheric electronic soundtrack.
Your goal is to grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this fundamental balance, Osmos leads the player through ambient playgrounds, deep solar systems, competitive petri dishes, dense mote-fields, and more.
* Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and challenging worlds. (47 levels plus bonus content.)
* Confront attractors, repulsors and intelligent motes with similar abilities and goals as you.
* Procedural content: play random versions of any level.
* Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more.
* 11 glorious achievements.
* Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Retina display support.
* 5 languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
* Winner of the IGF D2D Vision award.
* Winner of the "Best in Show" and "Fun/Compelling" awards at IndieCade.
* Independent Games Festival finalist in three categories: Seumas McNally Grand Prize, Excellence in Design and Technical Excellence
* Selected as one of the 2009 PAX 10
* ...and chosen by many websites in their best-of-year lists.
"a beautiful, absorbing experience… brilliant to look at… the best videogame music I've heard… will make you forget your cares and immerse you in the game… you'll find yourself returning for the experience." -- Editor’s Choice Award, IGN
"wonderful gameplay… beautifully polished and tantalizingly atmospheric… Osmos mixes puzzle, action and strategy remarkably and all the while does it with great finesse and style." -- indiegames.com
"beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible." -- GameAndPlayer.net
"an almost transcendental video game experience… a stellar example of electronic music's potential impact on indie video game production." -- londonfuse.ca
Fix for hang on startup affecting some users. And now a 64-bit application!
Ratings and Reviews
This is a really simple game. You float around, eating smaller organisms and growing as you do so, all-the-while avoiding other organisms which are trying to eat you. As the levels progress, they become more complex and more challenging, but the game always feels extremely good to control and beautiful to look at. Highly recommended.
Thanks to the Developer!!!
I have owned this game for a long time. I was hoping that it would be updated to 64BIT, now it is! This a wonderful game and I am elated that it will survive.
A very relaxing game. If they were adapted to work on the new AppleTV that would be outstanding!!!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.