Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
What's New in Version 2.0.6
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
I usually dont write reviews but this truelly is an awesome product. I use this quite often to produce music, i mostly do intrumental stuff, you can make rap/hip-hop beats on here very easily once you know how everything works, its very simple and there are also how-to videos online. I have the full version that i bought for $5, and it was worth it. The "smart" instruments definatly come in handy, especially the smart drums. You can make all differant genres of music on this but i mostly do boom bap styled hip hop instrumentals and retro synth stuff, its really fun to use even if youre not making msuc though and you can do a lot of cool stuff with your voice with the voice recorder and sampler.
Overall, if youre into music and producing, need your own beats, or just need an extra instrument you might not have/know how to play, or if you just wanna mess around with drum machines and play virtual guitars than this is deffinatly something to check out, atleast try the free version
GarageBand is a really good app to create your own music and while I do enjoy myself creating songs and beats, however I do feel that GarageBand only uses instruments that are used only for musical genres such as pop, techno, hip hop, dance, RnB, and dubstep. But why not add in more instruments that can be used to make songs like for heavy metal or punk rock, sure there are free softwares to use and there is a "hard rock guitar", but that's not hard as metal. and also you can make better quality beats only on your apple pc (which I don't own) and not for your iPad or iPhone. Even better is that we can create fusion genres such as rap rock or nu metal (like Linkin Park), that way more people can create more beats and have a more expansive variety of instruments and genres to create and share.
It is amazing, but it needs some features
I've had GarageBand for over a year now, and i honestly have to say, it is a great reliable music composing app. But you'll never get the full music experience with this limited app.
But it could really use some more instruments. I've played the trombone for many years now, and believe that it needs to have brass instruments, and some woodwind instruments. It would be really cool if we could compose Jazz themes which isn't possible with the extremely limited instrument selection. This app is missing the most commonly played instruments in the music world like Trumpet, Trombone, Saxophone, Clarinet, and several others. I mean if you go looking on a computer you'll most likely find a better software with a wider variety of instruments then this.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 08, 2014
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 627 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete collection of GarageBand instruments and soundsFree