This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and drums. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 10 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Build your own grid using over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice or guitar
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap record and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
• Play and record using the new Alchemy Touch Instrument with over 150 synth patches*
• Swipe on the Transform Pad to morph and tweak the sound of any patch
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects like pitch correction, distortion and delay with the Audio Recorder
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create your own custom instrument
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
**** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later. Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Better than fl studio mobile
I can't stop giving this app props because this is honestly the greatest music producing app so far... I'm actually in love with GarageBand the fact that there's so much to it actually makes me hype every time I get on the app. First timers will use the loops to create there songs that can tailor to there style. You can also add your own loops with the keyboard selection and synths. Millions of sounds that you can expand your arsenal with and it doesn't stop there. You can even download your own samples to expand your sound selection. Like I can record a note from my grand piano and turn it into its own song. This app will never die out as long as there is more and more sounds added to it. The only suggestion I'd add to GarageBand if I could. Would be to add more sound FX and chants. The essential to making genres of music is something that makes them memorable and the sounds that you can add will show it. I love this app and I hope it continues to grow because this potential already exceeds that of computer software. I can't wait for the community to grow more and more so that people won't have to spend 200 dollars on something when they can simply download a FREE app!!!
Hello! I’ve been a fan of GarageBand for a long time now- back before the Alchemy Synth and the orchestral instruments were added. It’s been great making music, whether it’s covers of songs or my own creations, but I do have a few things to suggest.
Key changes and tempo changes. When you’re working on a song, there are times when you realize, “Dang. This needs a cool change!” Here’s what I’m thinking: When you duplicate/add parts or edit them, there’s a switch for key/tempo changes. When you turn them on, the app will ask what key you want to change it to, or the tempo screen will pop up and say, “What tempo will your song be?” or something. 😂
Ukulele. Please. People may‘ve been asking for this already, but please, please add this in! It’s a cute sounding instrument and for those of us who don’t own one but want to use one in our music, who better to ask than the GarageBand team?
Otherwise, it’s a great app, and I love using it. I haven’t experienced any bugs so far, and I’m happy I haven’t! Keep doing what you’re doing, guys!
❤️ Peace out! ✌🏻
Great app, but needs 1 update.
So,I’ve written a review on this before, and there was nothing bad to say about this app. I write my own songs using this app, and it’s a wonderful tool for any skill leveled musician or hobbyist that just wants to make some decent, solid music. I was finishing one of my protects this morning, and I realized something that would make this app even more handy to use. I had made the drum part, and I needed a bass part. I was sick of using auto play all the time, so I wanted to put a loop for the bass part. I found the one I wanted, but the one problem was that it wasn’t in the key of the song. I would like to have a feature that makes any loop you choose automatically stay with the key of the song. I’m absolutely thrilled with everything else though. Sounds are top notch. I am a drummer with no lessons whatsoever. I use this app to record and just play whenever I want to. I have been playing drums for 10 years. Been using this app since it came out. Props to Apple for making a great app for well worth the $!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 05, 2017
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 1.70 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.