The Leading Password Manager for Mac ◆ AES Encryption ◆ Website Logins ◆ iCloud Sync ◆ Automatic Backups ◆ Password Generator ◆ Flexible Templates ◆ Advanced Security Options
“Apps That will Change Your Life” - Wall Street Journal
“10 Must Have Apps (DataVault #1)” - CNET
"DataVault is a user-friendly and feature-rich password manager that will keep your information safe and accessible without hitting your wallet too hard." Secure Mac
“My most important app. I have used Data Vault for years. It is my favorite app. I have never had any problems. It’s always accurate, well designed, user friendly and safe.”
“Huge Fan of DataVault!! Everything I wanted in a Password manager! It looks great on my iPad, it works great on my Mac! The customer service is amazing!”
“The Best Password App For Your MAC. There are Password apps and then there is DataVault which is the only app to be using on your MAC. To me this blows the rest away.”
DataVault Password Manager for Mac protects confidential information such as passwords, usernames and financial information using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), the most powerful technology to keep your data safe.
SECURE YOUR DATA
- DataVault encrypts your information using AES, the global standard for data protection. Your master password isn’t stored anywhere on the device. Not even Ascendo has the key. Only you can unlock your data.
- Provides 256-bit encryption with PBKDF2 and salting to insure the highest level of security of any password manager.
- Set a Security Timeout to require login after an inactivity delay.
- Set Maximum Login Attempts to wipe your data after successive failed login attempts.
- Set a Master password hint in case you forget your master password.
- Use Field Masking to shield data from prying eyes.
- Automatically enter usernames, passwords and fields using extensions for Safari or Firefox. See user guide for installation instructions.
- Save web form contents directly to DataVault.
- Backup your data automatically to insure you never lose your important information.
- Create strong passwords using build-in Password Generator with settings for length and types of characters. Strength Meter tells you if you passwords are weak, good or strong.
- Synchronize with DataVault for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and other devices (sold separately).
- Use iCloud, Dropbox, Wi-Fi to synchronize your devices.
SIMPLE TO USE
- View items in list view or folder view.
- Use Templates to enter common items such as bank accounts, credit cards and logins.
- Select from 50 default templates or create your own.
- Use categories and types to organize Items.
- Duplicate items for faster entry.
- Search Settings including case sensitivity.
And a whole lot more...
- 200 icons to personalize your Items.
- Import from mSecure, Keeper, 1Password, EWallet, SplashID, Keepass & other applications.
- Import from text files in CSV format.
- Print items.
- Great email support.
Incorporated in San Diego, California, Ascendo has been a leading software developer since 2004.
Questions? We would love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Secure. Powerful. Simple. Try DataVault Password Manager today!
- Localized to German & French.
- Fixed issues with Wi-Fi synchronization.
- Improved in-app help.
- Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
256-bit Peace of Mind Across all of your Devices!
We have been using this program for years and have migrated everything from our little password book over to Datavault. My wife will never again forget a password because they are all right here safe and secure on our Mac. Not long ago some of our friends lost everything on their computer during a flood. I was dumbstruck as I tried to imagine bouncing back from that kind of disaster. All of their files and account passwords were boxed up on the floor before the flood, but now they were just runny ink on page after page stuck together from the water and mud. Just imagine if just a few days ago we suffered the same kind of devastation in our lives and that little password book next to the computer was destroyed or even stolen, we would have been devastated from a financial standpoint. However, now thanks to DataVault I am burned that little password book. We can now rest assured knowing that if a flood or some other disaster strikes us everything is being backed up to the cloud. Talk about peace of mind for a few measly bucks. Thanks DataVault! We love that no matter where we are or what device we are connected to DataVault is right there. I keep everything here and Im proud to say that I have hundreds of different passwords and I’m never gonna forget them again.
That's great to hear, thanks! -Liam
Can’t survive without this app!
I can’t imagine surviving our password and data driven world without this app, I use it nearly every day either to store or to retrieve data. I use it to store passwords and all sorts of other important data, securely on my laptop or other device, and sync it easily across all of my devices via a secure wifi. Every time I am forced to create a new account of any kind I quickly set up a new entry in DataVault on whatever device I am using at the time - phone or pad - to store the relevant information url, customer service #, account name, password and anything else that may be relevant. Then when I am back on my secure wifi I can quickly sync between all of my devices. For those who prefer to sync via the cloud, that option is also available. Pre-designed templates for various types of data make it easy and each is customizable to add additional fields. And of course the entire data base is searchable. It is invaluable when traveling because I always have secure access to my data since it is stored on my device, not in the cloud, which I believe is one of its best features.
Thanks for your excellent review!
Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
Really great! Would love more icons!. ,
I switched to this from Splash ID, which I had had for years - ever since my Palm Pilotl (a gazillion years ago)! I really like it. It’s got lots of great features and the Sync with my iPhone and comptuer works great! I like the easy way you can customize types and templates. I even like how I can set as a preference the entry. I’m inputting my data by hand (I chose to do this rather than to upload my Splash ID data so that my data is clean), and when I input Frequent Flyer miles or Web Logins, I can set the preference, so that I just hit the plus sign to add an entry and I automatically get the template I want. I would just LOVE more icons! The icons don’t match with what I would assume would be the most common icons needed - like a hotel for hotel rewards programs or the icons for companies like AAA, Hertz, American Airlines, Apple, etc. But other than that (and that’s very minor) I like this. I hope it’s around for years, because Splash ID became very unreliable the last few years, but it had been great for years. A password vault problem is ESSENTIAL!!! I loved Splash ID. I love this much more so far! Especially the sync! (Just add the icons!)
Hi, thank you for your feedback! Please don't hesitate to email email@example.com if you have any concerns regarding the app. Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.