Steering, speeding up, braking, cutting, blocking: who is the smartest driver in this strategic racing game, leaving his opponents behind and passing the finishing line first?
Dash Race is the electronic version of a popular turn-based paper game that can be played everywhere at any time, because all you need is a sheet of squared paper and colored pencils - or Dash Race for even more fun and challenges.
Up to four players make their moves in turns, following very simple rules. This results in an amazingly realistic driving behavior. In order to take curves at optimal speed, you'll need experience and dexterity. Play the pure and truly timeless strategic variant in "Classic Mode", or turn to the breath-taking "Challenge Mode" for a wild arcade-style Dash Race.
• Up to four players on one or multiple devices
• Gamecenter, Bluetooth & WiFi connections available to play with multiple devices locally and around the world
• A training course will interactively introduce you to the secrets of Dash Race and prepare you for races against others
• Climb up global Dash Race leaderboards in Gamecenter
• Prove your skills by earning various Gamecenter achievements
• Additional Robot-opponents with adjustable driving skills can be joined into a race
• Easy and intuitive game handling
• Optimize your racing skills by seeing your last race track in addition to your current driving
• Comprehensive statistics: view all the details of your last races and of the previous winners
• Differently challenging tracks
• Different background grids, requiring distinctive driving strategies -- or make the grid invisible for an additional challenge
• Additional tracks can be downloaded from a growing selection of attractive track packages
• Upload your completed races to your Facebook wall or send your successes straight to your Twitter account
A few more improvements for better iOS 8 compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Polished Fun Racer To Play With Your Friends!
What a polished smooth grid racer based on very simple rules but leading into realistic driving behavior! It supports single play with robots of which you can adjust their driving abilities, tracks your racer stats, let's you race your "ghost", offers 11 full themed tracks with 9 extra for in app purchase, has a thorough introduction tutorial and plenty of extra online help in an optional section, let's you play your own music, but best of yet supports many options for multiplayer with up to 3 other players including single device pass n play, game enter connection, and multi device play through wifi or Bluetooth. The whole user interface is well designed with no glitches or crashing on iOS 8.2! There are 2 modes of gem play which are classic and an exciting challenge mode! Turns and starting positions of each round are decided randomly. The only feature missing is the ability to draw your own racing tracks and save them which would add immensely to the replay value even if this featured were limited by allowing you to only draw the tracks with plain old black singly sized lines so as not to compete with the extra themed tracks sold by the developer. I would even pay for this extra feature as an in app purchase! Thank you developer for bringing this wonderful app to the App Store and introducing me to this solid game! I can't wait to play this with friends!
Strategic Racing Fun...
Dash Race is a solid line/square graph paper racer...it is closer to real racing than you might think, especially if you are the type to pay attention to racing lines. More free tracks would be nice, in addition to networked multiplayer. The main issue with the game is that it crashes fairly often on my iPhone 6.
Clever Clever Game
IPAD with OS5.0.1
First review on App Store EVER!. Had to though, because I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. More of a puzzle than an arcade game, it's kept me entertained for hours. Tried all the maps, against one or three robots set for various levels of driving skills. There's even a starting line with "inside and outside" lanes that rotate everytime you play. For a real challenge, play with all 3 robots, cranked up, in the 4th starting position.
Just when you think you've mapped out the perfect route and speeds, the bots start blocking you. For a twist, try running the courses backwards against the bots.
-Can't believe I haven't played this game on paper.
-Simple game that anyone can play, but difficult to maser (practice does may you better)
- it was free (promotional?)
- Remember Ghost mode. It shows you your last path around the track.
- Music get tedious real quick
- There's an occasional glitch where you set for a bit
- Some of the starting postions are a little unfair.
- I wish the Robots were even smarter. I'd like to learn from them ;-)
- I cannot find anyone to play mutliplayer with ;-(
- Hans-Juergen Richstein
- 50.9 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Rombos
- In-App Purchases
- Track Bonus Pack 2 $2.99
- Track Bonus Pack 1 $1.99
- Track Pack 2 $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.