Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WeChat is a free messaging & calling app that allows you to easily connect with family & friends across countries. It’s the all-in-one communications app for free text (SMS/MMS), voice & video calls, moments, photo sharing, and games.
WHY USE WECHAT:
- ALWAYS FREE: No annual subscription fee. Absolutely free for life.
- FREE VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality free calls to anywhere in the world.
- GROUP CHAT: Create group chats with up to 100 people.
- MULTIMEDIA MESSAGING: Send video, image, text, and voice messages.
- STICKER GALLERY: Hundreds of free, fun, animated stickers to express your feelings from some of your favorite cartoons and movies.
- MOMENTS: Share your best moments on your personal photo stream.
- BETTER PRIVACY: WeChat gives you the highest level of control over your privacy. It’s the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
- MEET NEW FRIENDS: Use “Friend Radar”,“People Nearby” and “Shake” to meet others.
- ADDICTIVE GAMES: Compete with your friends on some of the hottest games.
- REALTIME LOCATION: Instead of having to tell others where you are, just use real-time location sharing.
- LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Localized in 20 different languages and can translate messages to any language.
- AND MORE: Desktop app, custom wallpaper, custom notifications, group walkie-talkie, official accounts.
What's New in Version 6.1.5
1. New Tuzki 2 sticker pack for Apple Watch.
2. Support for more languages.
My family and I use WeChat and LOVE it! It's super user friendly and fun with all the stickers you add to conversations. My only complaint is that for some reason in the last month, the app no longer consistently notifies me when I get a message. I've checked my settings and it is set to notify me, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I have to go into the app now to see if I have messages which is kinda annoying, so that is why I gave the app 4 stars instead of 5. Hopefully a bug fix or something can fix that problem in the near future. Other than that, great app!
I've been using wechat on both my phone and iPad just fine, until recently when I view wechat on iPad, it thinks it was an unauthorized account. I usually click okay but this stupid message still keeps popping up every so often!
I thought wechat supports multiple device login but apparently it does not. Sometimes I don't even get new messages from my wechat on my phone. Like even opening the app, no new messages show. It is soooo annoying.
I don't get why you think someone stole my account when I've logged in from my iPad before! So stupid.
First, I LOVE wechat. It's so fun and a great way I stay in touch with friends all over. However, I do have an idea for a good update. Instead of clicking on a message, then hitting the arrow button, then hitting translate, how about just a quick double tap on the text and that translates it?!? That would be helpful because I have fat thumbs and it usually takes me 3 or more tries to translate a message.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 6.1.5
- Size: 63.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Tencent Technology (Shenzhen) Company Limited
- © Tencent Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cat's Melody$0.99
- Crayon Shin Chan$0.99
- Hello Kitty$0.99
- Winnie the Pooh$0.99
- Hello, Crayon$0.99
- Oni & Bugi$0.99