PhotoSync - wireless photo and video transfer, backup and share app
By touchbyte GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With over 1 Million user and over 10000 positive reviews PhotoSync is a worldwide AppStore favourite for 5 years. Macworld calls PhotoSync the "absolute best" way to transfer pics between devices and services!
PhotoSync allows you to transfer your photos & videos between your iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC over your local Wi-Fi network. It also supports sending and receiving photos & videos to/from popular cloud & photo services, mobile storage devices and NAS. Any kind of photo transfer – PhotoSync can handle it!
What you can do with PhotoSync:
TRANSFER TO & FROM COMPUTER
• Transfer, move and backup your photos & videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Windows PC or Mac. Photos & videos are transferred in full resolution with all metadata intact.
• Send photos & videos from your Windows PC or Mac directly over the local Wi-Fi network to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Choose from existing albums or create new albums. Received photos & videos are imported directly into the Camera Roll or an album you defined.
TRANSFER BETWEEN IOS DEVICES
• Directly copy, move and exchange photos & videos between iPhone and iPad and vice versa over your local Wi-Fi network, Personal Hotspot or Bluetooth. No computer or cloud needed!
TRANSFER TO & FROM NAS, CLOUD & PHOTO SERVICES
• Upload and share photos/videos to your favorite cloud or photo service like Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Photos / Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, OneDrive, SmugMug, Box, Amazon Cloud Drive, Zenfolio, SugarSync and 500px.
• Backup photos & videos over (S)FTP or WebDAV to your NAS, mobile storage device or personal cloud. You can also download & view photos/videos on (S)FTP and WebDAV servers. PhotoSync works flawlessly with Synology NAS, Owncloud, iUSBPort & Seagate Wireless Plus.
• Import photos/videos stored on Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Photos / Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, OneDrive, SmugMug, Box, Amazon Cloud Drive, Zenfolio and SugarSync directly to your iPhone/iPad. You can import selected, all or new photos & videos.
DOWNLOAD FROM CAMERA
• Download and import directly from your digital camera equipped with a wireless SD Card. Toshiba FlashAir & Transcend Wi-Fi SD cards are supported.
PhotoSync also supports the transfer of photos/videos imported with the Camera Connection Kit.
• Smart transfer
PhotoSync remembers which photos/videos have already been transferred and let‘s you transfer new photos/videos with one single touch. Transfer as many photos & videos as you want at once!
PhotoSync allows you to transfer new photos/videos automatically and wirelessly in the background to supported cloud/photo services, your private cloud or NAS, whenever you arrive at pre-selected locations.
• Delete after transfer
PhotoSync can optionally perform automatic deletion of successfully backed up photos & videos - a very convenient way to free up space on your device (iOS 8 and higher).
• Drag and drop to iOS devices
The FREE PhotoSync Companion for Windows PC and Mac makes the transfer experience quick and easy. It lets you beam photos/videos to your device by drag & drop.
On Macs the PhotoSync Companion enables direct import into the new OS X Photos App, iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom.
PhotoSync supports the transfer and import of RAW photos. It preserves all photo metadata (EXIF, Geolocation) and lets you choose among a wide-range of transfer options (filename, sub-directory creation, photo edits)
For a complete list of features visit: http://www.photosync-app.com/features
• Transferring between iPhone/iPad/iPod touch requires PhotoSync installed on both devices. You only need to purchase PhotoSync once and can install it on all your devices using the same iTunes account. No extra subscription costs or In-App purchases required!
• Transferring between iOS devices, Windows PC and Mac works directly over the local Wi-Fi network. Your photos/videos never leave your local network or go over the Internet.
What's New in Version 3.1
PhotoSync 3.1 has over 20 new features and has been optimized to take advantage of iOS 9 and it’s new capabilities.
• Live Photo Support
PhotoSync can now backup Live Photos (photos & video part) to computer, NAS, cloud services and many photos services. You can also reimport Live Photos using PhotoSync. Live Photo support can be configured in the settings for each target individually.
PhotoSync 3.1 introduces a dedicated album for Live Photos and the integrated viewer can now playback Live Photos.
• 3D Touch Support
Quick Actions: The Quick Transfer can now be triggered directly from the Homescreen. You may also configure multiple "Receive" Quick Actions.
Peek & Pop: Do a 3D touch on a thumbnail to preview it and easily access actions like "Copy & Delete".
• Support for iPad Multitasking & Quick Action Menu.
PhotoSync now supports Slide-Over and Split-View on iPads. By doing a long press on a thumbnail you can access quick actions like "Copy, Paste, Delete and View“.
• PhotoSync can now set the file date to the recording date of the photo/video on SFTP servers, many FTP servers (like vsftpd) and some WebDAV servers (e.g. ownCloud).
• PhotoSync can now transfer from/to the Toshiba Canvio AeroCast (http://www.toshiba.com/us/canvio-aerocast)
• Added a new "Display Option" to hide empty albums
• Transfer to Computer is now supported over VPN connections (using manual configuration)
- Fixed: An issue that occurs when uploading videos to Owncloud
- Fixed: A crash issue when transferring incompatible files to PhotoSync
- Fixed: An FTP issue with EPSV (extended passive mode)
- Fixed: The file date displaying incorrectly for certain WebDAV servers
- Fixed: Some servers reported "Did not receive identification" for SFTP transfers
- Fixed: Crash issue when importing photos & videos from Facebook
- Fixed: Large Slo-Mo video files were not transferred
- Fixed: SSH uploads could hang when "Allow overwrite" was disabled
- Fixed a crash when transferring from Shared PhotoStreams when "Delete after transfer" was activated
For feature requests and comments please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not use the review section in iTunes for support questions, as we are unable to reply there. Please write to email@example.com for any support questions.
Transfer and backup your photos wirelessly
I've always been itching to figure out a good way to backup my photos wirelessly and I have tried several apps to send photos between my iDevices and PCs, but they were all fussy. I don't like to install third-party companions on a computer just to send a couple of photos and videos, so they were removed from my iPhone quickly either because of the limitations or their terribly-designed web interface.
However, PhotoSync provides very special features if you install its companion. Auto-Sync is one of them, which comes in handy in certain situations. But it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy using your web browser to preview, download and upload your photos. PhotoSync supports popular cloud storage services, such as Dropbox, Flickr, 500px, OneDrive, etc. It also supports wireless SD Cards, making it easy to import photos and videos directly from your camera.
There's nothing negative about PhotoSync and the more I learn about this powerful app, the more excited I am to dive in and use its other features.
I take numerous photos each day for my business. I was looking for a way to backup my photos without having to shell out the $10 a month for the additional storage space within my iCloud. I had so many photos on my phone that I ran out of storage space and needed to find a solution ASAP! That's when I came across the glorious PhotoSync app!! With PhotoSync, I can quickly and easily backup every photo on my phone within minutes! It provides the option to select only the new photos taken since your last backup or every photo on your phone. I've never tried it myself, but I would imagine it even allows you to select only specific photos. Now I have plenty of storage space on my phone, as I can confidently delete them, knowing they've been safely transferred via PhotoSync! Easy, efficient, top-notch performance...everything the app promises to be! I highly recommend this app!! Yay PhotoSync!!!
Finally someone understands that we just wanted it to be easy! I don't know why I didn't search for an app earlier. I was clunking around with iTunes and my frustration level finally shook some sense into me. I searched online....got more frustrated...then...hey I can search the App Store on my phone! It was right there and it's perfection. In less than 5 minutes I had the app on my phone, the companion on my PC, and 7800 pics and videos began to copy over my home wireless. It's simple, it works, and I don't need anything else ...and I set it up to auto-transfer when I walk in the door with new pics!! I am saved. Thank you so much!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 09, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: touchbyte GmbH
- © touchbyte GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.