PhotoSync - wireless photo and video transfer, backup and share app
By touchbyte GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It‘s all about one thing – the best and easiest way to transfer, backup and share your photos & videos!
PhotoSync allows you to transfer your photos & videos between your iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC over your local Wi-Fi network. It also supports sending and receiving photos & videos to/from popular cloud & photo services, mobile storage devices and NAS.
What you can do with PhotoSync:
► Transfer, move and backup your photos & videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Windows PC or Mac. Photos & Videos are transferred in full resolution with all metadata intact.
► Send photos & videos from your Windows PC or Mac directly over the local Wi-Fi network to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Received photos & videos are imported directly into the Camera Roll or an album you defined.
► Directly move photos & videos between iPhone and iPad and vice versa over your local Wi-Fi network, Personal Hotspot or Bluetooth.
► Transfer photos & videos to your favorite cloud or photo service like Dropbox, Google Drive, Google+ / Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, OneDrive, SmugMug, Box, Zenfolio and SugarSync.
► Import photos & videos stored on Dropbox, Google Drive, Google+ / Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, OneDrive, SmugMug, Box, Zenfolio and SugarSync directly to your iPhone/iPad. You can import selected, all or new photos & videos.
► Backup photos & videos over (S)FTP or WebDAV to your NAS, mobile storage device or remote server. You can also download & view photos & videos on (S)FTP and WebDAV servers. PhotoSync works flawlessly with Synology NAS, Owncloud, iUSBPort, CloudFTP & Seagate Wireless Plus.
► Import photos & videos directly from your Camera equipped with a wireless SD Card. Toshiba FlashAir & Transcend Wi-Fi SD cards are currently supported. The import of RAW photos is fully supported.
► Support for Toshiba Wireless SSD and Toshiba Wireless Adapter
PhotoSync remembers which photos/videos have already been transferred and let‘s you transfer new photos/videos with one single touch.
► Auto Transfer
PhotoSync allows you to transfer new photos/videos automatically in the background, whenever you arrive at certain locations. This enables you to auto-backup your photos & videos to supported cloud or photo services, your private cloud or NAS, whenever you arrive home.
► Easy & convenient
The free PhotoSync Companion for Mac & PC makes the transfer experience quick and easy. It allows you to send photos & videos to your device by drag & drop. On Macs the PhotoSync Companion enables direct import into iPhoto & Aperture.
PhotoSync supports the transfer and import of RAW photos. It preserves all photo metadata (EXIF, Geolocation) and even let‘s you use the recording date as filename.
For a complete list of features visit: http://www.photosync-app.com/features
Requirements and limitations:
– Transferring between iPhone/iPad/iPod touch requires both devices to have PhotoSync installed. You only need to purchase PhotoSync once and can install it on all your devices using the same iTunes account.
– Transferring between iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and a Mac & PC requires a web browser or the free PhotoSync Companion (recommended) from our website (http://www.photosync-app.com/downloads) installed on your Mac or PC.
– Transferring between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Windows PC and Mac works directly over the local Wi-Fi network. Your photos & videos never leave your local network nor go over the internet. T ransfer speed depends on the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
– PhotoSync for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad requires iOS 6 or higher.
– PhotoSync Companion for Windows PCs requires Windows XP SP 2 or higher, Windows Vista , Windows 7 or Windows 8
– PhotoSync Companion for OS X requires OX 10.5 or higher (Intel & PPC supported)
– Auto Transfer is available on iPhone 4 or higher, iPad 2 or higher and iPod touch 5th generation.
What's New in Version 2.2.4
- New: Support for Toshiba Wireless SSD
- Fixed: AutoTransfer and QuickTransfer could not be configured on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Fixed: PhotoSync could freeze, if the target device was not responding to network requests
- Fixed: The screen could flicker on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, when performing certain actions
- Fixed: Entered captions could get lost
Wow - Greatly improved
I had to say, I have had this app FOREVER. Since my first iPhone, I think. But, I rarely used it except to auto backup to my Dropbox. Recently, I was going through apps on my phone, looking for a solution for transferring photos and videos back and forth between phone and computer for my home business. I WAS using my Kodak camera and an sd card. But, I had taken some shots with my phone while I was out of the house and needed to get them to my pc. I had completely forgotten about photosync (which does lend credence to its reliability as far as auto backup, since it's really "set it and forget it"). I had tried to set up syncing between my pc a loooooong time ago and it was cumbersome so I gave up. Not so now!!!!! Not only is it easy to set up, but the selection options make it easy to sort through the photos. I adore how it knows which ones you have already transferred. Plus, compared to other apps of this type, photosync is lightning fast. I am a happy customer, even if it took me forever to re-discover the apps possibilities. Thanks, guys.
Wow.. I forgot I wrote a review before and so long ago, too. Must say I seem to always be using this app. It's really great for transferring videos, especially, off my iPhone to other devices, so I can free up space. No need to sync using iTunes. Thanks for a great app.
Older review: That has been a very useful app. I have been using it for months and it has truly saved me. At this very moment, I am syncing screen shots of error messages, disk utility screens, and Apple Care agreements from this very sick Mac Mini into my 4thGen iPod Touch in preparation for the appointment I have at the Genius Bar tomorrow. Clearly, the last thing I want to do is risk mounting this iPod to the Mac Mini. PhotoSync makes it possible to get all sorts of photos, screen shots and videos off the computer in a pinch! Excellent! Thanks so much to the developers!
just what i needed
I'm using this to backup to my WD MyBook Live NAS. Does a great job backing up via ssh and I really like the fact it has indicators of what's been backed up. My only issue right now is getting auto transfer to work when arriving at my configured location. I read that background refresh should be turned on for the app but I don't even see it listed (maybe need to uninstall /reinstall). Anyway regardless of my current issue with auto transfer (knocked a star off for this issue) this is still a great app and it does what I need. I'll update my review once I get it to auto transfer and delete upon sync as this is my ultimate goal. I'd like to be able to set it and forget it with a simple notification telling me it completed the auto transfer.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 23, 2014
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 36.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: touchbyte GmbH
- © touchbyte GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.