PhotoSync - wireless photo and video transfer, backup and share app
By touchbyte GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It‘s all about one thing – the best and easiest way to transfer, backup and share your photos & videos!
PhotoSync allows you to transfer your photos & videos between your iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC over your local Wi-Fi network. It also supports sending and receiving photos & videos to/from popular cloud & photo services, mobile storage devices and NAS. Any kind of photo transfer – PhotoSync can handle it!
What you can do with PhotoSync:
TRANSFER TO & FROM COMPUTER
• Transfer, move and backup your photos & videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Windows PC or Mac. Photos & videos are transferred in full resolution with all metadata intact.
• Send photos & videos from your Windows PC or Mac directly over the local Wi-Fi network to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Choose from existing albums or create new albums. Received photos & videos are imported directly into the Camera Roll or an album you defined.
TRANSFER BETWEEN IOS DEVICES
• Directly copy, move and exchange photos & videos between iPhone and iPad and vice versa over your local Wi-Fi network, Personal Hotspot or Bluetooth. No computer or cloud needed!
TRANSFER TO & FROM NAS, CLOUD & PHOTO SERVICES
• Upload and share photos/videos to your favorite cloud or photo service like Dropbox, Google Drive, Google+ / Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, OneDrive, SmugMug, Box, Amazon Cloud Drive, Zenfolio, SugarSync and 500px.
• Backup photos & videos over (S)FTP or WebDAV to your NAS, mobile storage device or personal cloud. You can also download & view photos/videos on (S)FTP and WebDAV servers. PhotoSync works flawlessly with Synology NAS, Owncloud, iUSBPort & Seagate Wireless Plus.
• Import photos/videos stored on Dropbox, Google Drive, Google+ / Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, OneDrive, SmugMug, Box, Amazon Cloud Drive, Zenfolio and SugarSync directly to your iPhone/iPad. You can import selected, all or new photos & videos.
DOWNLOAD FROM CAMERA
• Download and import directly from your digital camera equipped with a wireless SD Card. Toshiba FlashAir & Transcend Wi-Fi SD cards are supported.
PhotoSync also supports the transfer of photos/videos imported with the Camera Connection Kit.
• Smart transfer
PhotoSync remembers which photos/videos have already been transferred and let‘s you transfer new photos/videos with one single touch. Transfer as many photos & videos as you want at once! Optionally PhotoSync can delete photos & videos automatically after a successful transfer.
PhotoSync allows you to transfer new photos/videos automatically and wirelessly in the background to supported cloud/photo services, your private cloud or NAS, whenever you arrive at certain locations.
• Drag and drop to iOS devices
The FREE PhotoSync Companion for Windows PC and Mac makes the transfer experience quick and easy. It lets you beam photos/videos to your device by drag & drop.
On Macs the PhotoSync Companion enables direct import into the new OS X Photos App, iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom.
PhotoSync supports the transfer and import of RAW photos. It preserves all photo metadata (EXIF, Geolocation) and lets you choose among a wide-range of transfer options (filename, sub-directory creation, photo edits)
For a complete list of features visit: http://www.photosync-app.com/features
• Transferring between iPhone/iPad/iPod touch requires PhotoSync installed on both devices. You only need to purchase PhotoSync once and can install it on all your devices using the same iTunes account. No extra subscription costs or In-App purchases required!
• Transferring between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Windows PC and Mac works directly over the local Wi-Fi network. Your photos/videos never leave your local network or go over the Internet.
• PhotoSync Companion for Windows PCs requires Windows XP SP 2 or higher, Windows Vista , Windows 7, 8, 8.1
• PhotoSync Companion for OS X requires OX 10.5 or higher (Intel & PPC supported)
What's New in Version 3.0
• Support for Amazon Cloud Drive:
You can now transfer photos & videos to Amazon Cloud Drive. PhotoSync also lets you view and download photos & videos from Amazon Cloud Drive.
• Delete support:
Automatically delete photos & videos after transfer (activate in the transfer settings of a target).
You can also delete selected photos & videos directly in PhotoSync.
• Full support for iCloud Photo Library:
Full access to all your photos & videos in iCloud Photo Library. You can backup and move your complete iCloud Photo Library to any of the targets supported by PhotoSync.
Photos & videos that are stored in iCloud only are automatically downloaded before transfer.
• Full support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+:
PhotoSync now uses the full resolution of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ screens. For iPhone 6+ a landscape mode is also available.
• Support for new OS X Photos App
You can directly import photos & videos into the new OS X Photos App. You may also choose a target album or create new folders/albums directly before transfer (requires PhotoSync Companion 3.0 for Mac).
• Powerful subdirectory creation features:
PhotoSync can now automatically create date-based subfolders, subfolders by file type (photo/video/RAW) and even subfolders with a custom defined format on the transfer target.
• Full support for burst photos and photo & video edits:
You can now transfer all photos of a burst in one go and decide whether you prefer the edited or original version of a photo/video to be transferred (configure in transfer settings of a target).
• Support for folders and nested structures:
PhotoSync now supports nested structures (i.e., multiple levels of folders and albums) in the Photo Library. You can also create folders/albums when transferring from a Mac/PC (requires PhotoSync Companion 3.0) or from any remote service.
• Smart Albums:
Smart Albums (Favorites, Panoramas, Videos, Slo-Mo, Bursts etc.) can now be accessed in PhotoSync.
Moments can now be accessed in PhotoSync. You can select an entire moment for transfer with one touch.
PhotoSync now has a dedicated ‘Screenshots’ album. You can also choose to exclude ‘Screenshots’ from transfers (configure in the transfer settings of a target).
• Advanced Display Options:
Show hidden photos in PhotoSync and arrange/hide albums in PhotoSync according to your needs.
• Extended RAW + JPEG support
You can choose whether you prefer only the RAW, JPEG or both versions to be transferred for RAW+JPEG photos.
• Avoid duplicates feature:
PhotoSync can now, for many cloud services, detect duplicates and prevent the same photo/video being overwritten or transferred again (configure in settings of a transfer target).
• Sort files on remote services by file extension:
This feature is handy if you only want to transfer certain file types (e.g. RAWs) from a remote service (e.g. FlashCard).
• iBeacon Support for Autotransfer:
You can now use iBeacons to trigger Autotransfer (activate in Expert Settings).
• Custom file name support:
You can now define your own filename formats.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.photosync-app.com
Or, contact us if you have any comment, suggestion or feedback to improve the app: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoy using 'PhotoSync' please give us a 5-star rating. Your 5 star-rating for each version will keep the updates coming! Thank you!
Really great but still buggy
I love that I can transfer photos to my PC with this app--it definitely serves a purpose for me. But there are still some bugs that need to get worked out. Photo bursts still don't transfer, and after the latest update, I keep getting random error messages. I used to be able to just tell it to transfer & not have to babysit it. Also, it still doesn't recognize ALL of my new photos. For example, I went hiking & when I went to transfer those photos over, there were random photos that were not highlighted as "new" within the batch of hiking photos. So then I have to go through and manually select my photos every time now.
Please fix these bugs!
I love this app. It is exactly what it says. You literately open the app, then touch sync. And it even knows what are new photos , so u don't keep adding the same pictures. Soooo easy. It's actually too good to be true. LOOOOVE IIIIIT!!!!! It's a must have if you take lots of pictures like me. Simply amazing. No lie. And I never write reviews. But i thought I'd share my thoughts on this. If ur not sure about it using this app. It's a must. I can't say anything else. U can even transfer from your comp to ur iPhone or iPad. Or iPad to iPhone and vise versa.
Makes iPad more like a real computer
When it comes to managing files, the level of obfuscation and confounding abstraction built in to iOS eventually drives many to third party apps that do what it seems iOS should have been able to do in the first place.
For photo files, photosync is an outstanding example of that kind of compensatory app. It's easy to learn, well laid out, and highly configurable. Increases the value of the iPad as a photography tool!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 28.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: touchbyte GmbH
- © touchbyte GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.