Day One (Journal / Notes / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Apple Watch App (iPhone only) ##
• Location check-in
• Voice dictation
• Customizable quick entries (including tags and activity data)
• Last photo taken
• View recent entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.17.3
Fixed: Some users of iCloud Sync were unable to move beyond the "Preparing Journal" screen.
Best app for everything
I use this app to schedule appointments with the calendar function. I create lists on the day I want to go shopping. I do personal budgeting, create goals and other todo lists. This is my all in one app. Basically with the use of tags you can do anything you want with it. I have even gone so far as if I have an important document, I'll take a screen shot and save it then tag it. I planned our summer vacation with this app and just tagged our flight itinerary, packing list and hotel confirmation.
It's no big deal that you create a new entry to add another photo. It keeps things simple and beautiful. At the end of each year I sport that year into a pdf (save that to Dropbox) and it makes for a lovely book.
I wouldn't do anything to make it any better. Even the social aspect is great, every now and then I'll publish a tweet or a post, then link that to other social platforms.
This app seriously rocks. Use it for every part of your life and you'll think it rocks too.
Can't add multiple photos
This is a great way to keep a journal, I just wish there was a way to add multiple photos at a time. I am usually too busy to add photos individually throughout the day, and having to add each photo individually takes a long time and is inconvenient (especially since I take so many photos!).
Thank you for fixing
Five stars again now that they fixed the iCloud syncing issue. Thanks devs! Still hoping for that web app!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Aug 22, 2015
- Version: 1.17.3
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.