Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The MTV app brings the ultimate MTV experience to your iPhone and iPad.
FULL EPISODES + MORE
• Watch MTV shows anytime, anywhere from your favorite Apple device. Just sign in with your TV provider to watch recent episodes from current MTV series including Teen Wolf, Scream: The TV Series, Finding Carter, Teen Mom 2, Awkward. and more! Access is included with your TV subscription to participating providers. If your provider isn’t listed, don’t panic! We are working hard to get all TV providers to participate.
• You won’t need to sign in to watch tons of other great video from MTV shows, including select full episodes, sneak peeks, after shows, bonus clips and exclusives, and original digital series.
POP CULTURE EVENTS
• Watch real-time livestream coverage from music festivals, San Diego Comic-Con and other events!
• Catch the latest pop culture stories and watch exclusives from upcoming movies and music videos.
• Watch the outrageous digital original series from MTV Other.
For more information on this app and online behavioral advertising, see http://srp.viacom.com/sitefaq.html
What's New in Version 2.7.2
Get ready for the 2015 VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS! Hosted by Miley Cyrus. Sunday August 30 9/8c.
• Get inside access to the awards. Choose from multiple cameras to watch real-time livestream coverage featuring today’s biggest music artists and celebrities.
• Watch the show live or on demand anytime, anywhere. And don't miss hours of behind-the-scenes coverage from the red carpet and backstage.
• The nominees this year include Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Ed Sheeran, Nick Jonas, Fetty Wap, Maroon 5, and more.
What a waste of my time.
Downloaded this after seeing it on their site saying I could watch the 2015 VMAs. Their app is very slow and 'watching it on the app' is really the same as watching it on the site. I tried logging in with my provider so I could watch the actual show and not just the annoying all access part, but it wouldn't work, I tried with both my email and Twitter and nothing happened, everything just froze. The only reason I downloaded this was to watch the VMAs and since after an hour of trying I didn't get it, since gave up on it and deleted it. Poorly made and very frustrated being in the time I was trying to figure out the annoying app, the show was probably half over. Definitely effected my opinion on MTV.
Needs some work.
The app is decent and I'm glad that I can watch some of my favorite shows for free. The big issue I'm having is the ads. I don't mind that they show up, I understand that it's necessary to make a show free to watch. My problem is that several of the ads have serious playback issues. It stutters to the point that a 15 second ad can take up to 5 minutes to get through! And even when I try to pause to maybe let the ad buffer, it just keeps going like I never even pressed the button.
My only problem with this app is that it takes forever to get through commercials without it freezing back to back to back. It's so frustrating to watch shows like this, especially when you're trying to catch up on a series, like me. This appalled me want to not even watch use it anymore and just go straight back to my main television. And another minor problem is that when watching life TV the app is always about a minute behind regular tv but idk if that has to do with the app or not and since I don't watch live TV too often it's not really a problem.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 25, 2015
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 26.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Viacom International Inc.
- © 2015 Viacom MTV Networks. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.