Chess Pro - with coach
By Christophe Théron
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
▻ ▻ ▻ Special offer: 50% off TODAY !!! (normal price is $9.99 = 9.99€ = £7.99)
▻ Do you want to learn or improve at Chess?
▻ Do you want to master the most prestigious, the classiest game ever, while having fun?
Chess PRO is EASY, is guaranteed to improve your chess, and you will not have to read any boring lesson!
How does it work? It's really simple: you just play! The coach shows you the moves a Grandmaster would pick. Not just one move, but the 4 best moves.
Sounds silly? Well think about it... How did you learn to talk when you were a child? Did you take grammar and spelling lessons? Of course not. You just went with the flow! Because that's the most effective way to learn!
Chess PRO allows you to do just that, AND IT WORKS!
In two minutes from now you are going to start learning effortlessly. You start having fun immediately, and notice after just a few games that the right moves come to your mind naturally, as if they were obvious.
If it still sounds incredible, please read the reviews. Chess PRO has one of the highest customer satisfaction of the App Store!
Chess PRO is the only chess coach of this kind, and is also one of the MOST COMPLETE chess apps for players of all levels.
• The rules of chess are included and easily accessible for reference.
• Just tap on a piece and the app shows you its legal moves.
• If a move is not allowed, the app tells you why.
• Suggestions: Chess PRO can watch over your shoulder and suggest 4 excellent moves.
• Chess PRO can tell you when you can mate your opponent, so you can look for the winning move by yourself.
• Chess PRO can warn you when your opponent is about to play a very dangerous move.
• 50 trainer levels of increasing difficulty designed to improve your chess skills are provided.
• The chess engine is of very high quality, the guarantee to learn from a good professor.
• Naturally Chess PRO knows and applies perfectly all the official rules of chess.
• Both USCF and FIDE rating scales are supported.
• Chess PRO has the Chess Tiger engine built in. It is currently one of the strongest chess engines for mobile devices.
• On current devices it reaches an incredible 2900 Elo (world champion).
• Chess PRO (Chess Tiger engine) has been ranked twice as the strongest chess engine on the SSDF list (the worldwide recognized and independent computer's rating list).
• You can save your games in collections and replay them later.
• You can exchange games with your friends very easily by email (send and receive).
• You can use iTunes to add games collections to the app. You will find many collections in PGN format for free on the internet!
• You can set up any position.
• The chess engine displays its thinking, up to 20 plies ahead.
• You can analyze a game by replaying it. Chess PRO tells you when a bad move has been played by coloring it in red. The 4 best moves in every position are colored in green.
• Chess PRO supports variations and allows you to test "What if..." scenarios without erasing your current game.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
• 15 gorgeous predefined visual themes that you can customize.
• 9 chess pieces sets (wood, ebony & ivory, metal, glass, …).
• 14 board styles (marble, blue marble, wood, metal, stone, …).
• A collection of more than 6000 famous games of the greatest players of all times.
• "Reload last game" allows you to retrieve the most recent game, even if you have forgotten to save it.
• 4 different playing styles, ranging from the quiet to suicidal, which you can apply to all the levels.
• Includes an opening book of more than one million moves (can be turned off).
• Many customization options (graphics, sounds, engine output…).
THIS APP IS "CLEAN": it does not display any ad.
What's New in Version 2016.02
This app is designed for iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPad and iPod touch.
- iOS 9 compatibility.
- The app can warn you when you can mate your opponent (you can disable this message).
- The app can warn you when you're about to stalemate your opponent (you can disable this warning).
- You can swipe the analysis text left/right to see all the moves computed by the chess engine, up to 20 moves ahead.
- The app remembers which collection you have opened last, and the last game you have selected in the collection.
- When you start a game in 2 players mode, you can decide if the pieces will rotate or not (and change that later).
- A collection of 1600 games by the current World Champion, Magnus Carlsen, has been added.
- In analysis mode, the blue or red arrow is shown only when the suggestions (green lines) are also shown.
- The app offers you to activate the analysis mode when you go back to the beginning of the game (you can disable this).
- You can now use iTunes to transfer games collections from your computer to the app, or inversely.
- The Chess Tiger engine is now optimized to take full advantage of the 64 bits processors in recent devices.
These are only the most obvious changes, but the app also includes more than 50 other subtle improvements.
- Fixed: import game from clipboard.
- Fixed: delete game from collection.
- Fixed: set up position.
We are constantly working to improve this app. We do not release updates often because our focus is on quality, not quantity. You can rest assured that the updates will keep coming!
Pure Chess Ownage! You will want to play this app.
This app is the best chess app hands down. The A.I is amazing with it's ability to create attack and defense patterns where no game that is played is ever the same ,EVER ^_^. It rules ;). Later on: I did not understand chess at first or even how to have the mental state to figure out a strategy for playing. This app truly works. I just kept playing game after game at different settings. Then as I stepped back to look at patterns and the interaction of pieces as the game was played as well as how they work together in the game along with the preset grandmaster games with how they played, it just clicked. I get it now and so will you. A word of advice: just keep at it and the more you play the more you will develop your own play style though thinking of where and what to move or stay put, that you would do for yourself.
This app is great! The engine is stronger than most available for the iPhone and more useful for training because it employs an expansive opening book, the trainer's skill is set by elo rating, and the computer displays the anticipated lines that justify the recommended moves. The computer tends to suggest sharper lines. As a player who prefers quieter lines, I tend to ignore a large number of the recommendations and instead play moves backed by ideas that I understand. The collections are quite nice, but they should be more expansive and, most crucially, searchable by name, position etc. Some additional aesthetic options would also be appreciated.
TOP OF THE LINE❗🔝#⃣1⃣🏁😄😃😀😉
Latest release has some great new features. This chess app is simply the best, top of the line, OUTSTANDING🚀‼️🔝😀
Supplements : issue FIXED! Once again 5 star app. Great new features!
Had to downgrade my rating to ✳️✳️2 stars👺😡😩. They still haven't fixed the issue described below; other than that one issue still a great chess app
Outstanding, superb, simply the best! Beautiful interface, abundant and very useful features. Strong play - an all around winner.
UPDATE: Apple IOS 8 upgrade makes this game difficult to play as the buttons tend to be unresponsive. Emailed the dev team, they blamed Apple, and said they are waiting on instructions from Apple to fix problem…I had to downgrade from 5 stars to 2 stars because of this problem.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 11, 2015
- Version: 2016.02
- Size: 31.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Christophe THERON
- © 1994-2015 by Chris THERON
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.