Chess Pro - with coach
By Christophe Théron
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
▻ ▻ ▻ Special offer: 50% off TODAY !!! (normal price is $9.99 = 9.99€ = £7.99)
▻ Do you want to learn or improve at Chess?
▻ Do you want to master the most prestigious, the classiest game ever, while having fun?
Chess PRO is EASY, is guaranteed to improve your chess, and you will not have to read any boring lesson!
How does it work? It's really simple: you just play! The coach shows you the moves a Grandmaster would pick. Not just one move, but the 4 best moves.
Sounds silly? Well think about it... How did you learn to talk when you were a child? Did you take grammar and spelling lessons? Of course not. You just went with the flow! Because that's the most effective way to learn!
Chess PRO allows you to do just that, AND IT WORKS!
In two minutes from now you are going to start learning effortlessly. You start having fun immediately, and notice after just a few games that the right moves come to your mind naturally, as if they were obvious.
If it still sounds incredible, please read the reviews. Chess PRO has one of the highest customer satisfaction of the App Store!
Chess PRO is the only chess coach of this kind, and is also one of the MOST COMPLETE chess apps for players of all levels.
• The rules of chess are included and easily accessible for reference.
• Just tap on a piece and the app shows you its legal moves.
• If a move is not allowed, the app tells you why.
• Suggestions: Chess PRO can watch over your shoulder and suggest 4 excellent moves.
• Chess PRO can tell you when you can mate your opponent, so you can look for the winning move by yourself.
• Chess PRO can warn you when your opponent is about to play a very dangerous move.
• 50 trainer levels of increasing difficulty designed to improve your chess skills are provided.
• The chess engine is of very high quality, the guarantee to learn from a good professor.
• Naturally Chess PRO knows and applies perfectly all the official rules of chess.
• Both USCF and FIDE rating scales are supported.
• Chess PRO has the Chess Tiger engine built in. It is currently one of the strongest chess engines for mobile devices.
• On current devices it reaches an incredible 2900 Elo (world champion).
• Chess PRO (Chess Tiger engine) has been ranked twice as the strongest chess engine on the SSDF list (the worldwide recognized and independent computer's rating list).
• You can save your games in collections and replay them later.
• You can exchange games with your friends very easily by email (send and receive).
• You can use iTunes to add games collections to the app. You will find many collections in PGN format for free on the internet!
• You can set up any position.
• The chess engine displays its thinking, up to 20 plies ahead.
• You can analyze a game by replaying it. Chess PRO tells you when a bad move has been played by coloring it in red. The 4 best moves in every position are colored in green.
• Chess PRO supports variations and allows you to test "What if..." scenarios without erasing your current game.
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
• 15 gorgeous predefined visual themes that you can customize.
• 9 chess pieces sets (wood, ebony & ivory, metal, glass, …).
• 14 board styles (marble, blue marble, wood, metal, stone, …).
• A collection of more than 6000 famous games of the greatest players of all times.
• "Reload last game" allows you to retrieve the most recent game, even if you have forgotten to save it.
• 4 different playing styles, ranging from the quiet to suicidal, which you can apply to all the levels.
• Includes an opening book of more than one million moves (can be turned off).
• Many customization options (graphics, sounds, engine output…).
THIS APP IS "CLEAN": it does not display any ad.
What's New in Version 2016.02
This app is designed for iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPad and iPod touch.
- iOS 9 compatibility.
- The app can warn you when you can mate your opponent (you can disable this message).
- The app can warn you when you're about to stalemate your opponent (you can disable this warning).
- You can swipe the analysis text left/right to see all the moves computed by the chess engine, up to 20 moves ahead.
- The app remembers which collection you have opened last, and the last game you have selected in the collection.
- When you start a game in 2 players mode, you can decide if the pieces will rotate or not (and change that later).
- A collection of 1600 games by the current World Champion, Magnus Carlsen, has been added.
- In analysis mode, the blue or red arrow is shown only when the suggestions (green lines) are also shown.
- The app offers you to activate the analysis mode when you go back to the beginning of the game (you can disable this).
- You can now use iTunes to transfer games collections from your computer to the app, or inversely.
- The Chess Tiger engine is now optimized to take full advantage of the 64 bits processors in recent devices.
These are only the most obvious changes, but the app also includes more than 50 other subtle improvements.
- Fixed: import game from clipboard.
- Fixed: delete game from collection.
- Fixed: set up position.
We are constantly working to improve this app. We do not release updates often because our focus is on quality, not quantity. You can rest assured that the updates will keep coming!
Great teacher, can be better
This is a very good chess program. You learn a lot by studying the computer suggestions and the methods in which to best beat an opponent and set yourself up for success. I was not expecting any board and piece customization, so that was a pleasant surprise!
I would like to see even more tools to better help a novice chess player improve. While the computer trainer is perfect in the sense that it shows the user the best possible moves at any given moment, it would be nice to have a manual or guide that explains situations thoroughly, why a move works, why others don't. Even better would be strategies employed by some of the worlds best, although, in my limited understanding of chess, I am under the assumption that the best players in the world had brains that literally worked like computers as they analyzed the best moves. Their strategies, quite literally were the best moves possible. The computer trainer still works in teaching as you can see through play what is working and what is not. But written explanations will only add another element to this wonderful sim
In any case I want to thank you for this great app! I play a couple games a day and am slowly understanding how to become a better chess player. But for a ten dollar app, I think you can add even more material for the user that can better sharpen their skills beyond the computer program(s)!
Just learning chess...
...and I love how this app is helping me to improve. One great feature is that I can set the strength of my computer opponent (e.g. 300, 350, 500, 700, etc.). When I first started playing, the computer set at 1000 absolutely creamed me. I then set it at 300, and have been increasing the strength gradually since then. Just now I beat it very quickly while it was set to 850. I might not have beaten it so soon were it not for another feature that I really like, which is a warning that you can enable or disable to tell you, "you can mate on your next move!". When I get better at this game I will disable that feature, but, at my current level, it has really helped me to slow down and look for moves that I would otherwise have overlooked. The bottom line is that, as a beginner, this has been a great app to help me improve. The engine can be sent to a very high-level also, so I imagine that good players would like this app, too.
Very well done
I had the free version of this and liked it so much I wanted to support the developer by buying this one. The options are clear and well laid out. The guidance is concise and easy to follow. If you toggle on the suggestions you get guidance in the form of which pieces to move where and their level importance. The two player option is well thought out because the board adapts to the person whose turn it is. The rules are also easy to understand and made me understand in a second what en passant really is. I've read descriptions in books before but they said in a thousand words what this dev has said in a phrase or two with some pictures. So yes, I would say it's already made my game better.
My husband and I enjoyed a great game last night with it and our three year old can play it with some guidance, too (because he can't read yet) - that shows how intuitive the interface is.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 11, 2015
- Version: 2016.02
- Size: 31.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Christophe THERON
- © 1994-2015 by Chris THERON
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.