People love Notes because it's easy and it works.
This basic flashcard app helps beginners learn the letter names for notes on the bass and treble clef ("F" on bass through to "G" on treble).
• Displays a random note on the musical staff and you click the correct letter/key.
• For MIDI savvy folk - this app is now MIDI enabled! Use Apple Core MIDI compliant devices with the app.
• Change to either treble or bass clef by clicking the clef.
• Toggle the visual effects on/off by tapping the trophy icon.
• Practice only specific notes (click the gears icon to enter the Settings screen where you can disable all but the specific notes you want to practice)
For feedback or suggestions please contact us at http://visionsencoded.com/contact/.
v3.5 Maintenance Release
• Updated icon
• MIDI bug fix - auto-listen to newly connected MIDI devices
• Ask if the user wants to see a help animation
• Minor fixes and adjustments
Ratings and Reviews
…there’s an error in the program: in the bass clef it says “H” instead of the note “B”. I tried to contact the programer(s), but the contact page on their website also is not working. Maybe they’ll read this review and fix the error in this “Notes” for Mac OS program.
Very, Very Basic
The graphics are done well, but the program is appropriate for only someone very young or a very new beginner. I am sorry that the writeup did not make that clear. I wasted only a few minutes and only a few dollars, but wish I had known what to expect.
Doesn’t Connect with MIDI
I bought this app because it was advertised as being able to connect with your MIDI-capable keyboard. Unfortunately, it doesn’t connect. If it did, it would be a great way to learn the notes, but without that function it is quite limited. I’m hoping the developer finds a way to fix that so I can begin using it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.