By Manuel Carrasco Molina
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
••• "Tell me before it's too late" ••• This version only works starting with OS X 10.9. For an older version visit http://diskalarm.com
You would like to be alerted soon enough so you can move or delete files, allowing you to have again enough free space for your Mac to run smoothly?
Mac OS X tells you when your hard drive is full, but sometimes you wanna react more in advance.
Disk Alarm will let you know in advance, and will save you a lot of time!
•••• "This alarm is a unique idea which we have not seen before" - HotMacApps.com
• Supports Mail, Mailplane & Sparrow as mail clients to send e-mail alerts.
• Add as many volumes/hard drives as you want. Disk Alarm tracks more than just the boot volume.
• Add external (USB/FW/...) disks as well as Network Volumes, Time Capsule, ...
• See the total free space among your volumes. Pick the ones you want to see as a total in the menu bar.
• Localized in 8 (!) languages! Need more? Tell us!
• Menu Bar item shows a list of volumes with the same green or red indicator bar as the main window.
• Sound level is shown and a warning is displayed when the sound is muted, to make sure you don’t miss the alarm.
• When only the Menu Item is displayed, Disk Alarm hides the Dock Item and Menu. They appear when you show the preferences.
• Full Screen support allows you to move Disk Alarm to its dedicated space – along with its menu bar.
• Sandboxed App, being a better citizen on OS X, better for your own security.
• Red Disk Alarm Icon when drive is full, same as in the Dock, as well as a badge with the total free space.
If you like Disk Alarm, please rate it with EVERY :) update – helps us tremendously. Thanks!
For the latest updates and development news:
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/diskalarm
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/diskalarm
- You might also want to subscribe to our Newsletter to be informed when a new release comes: http://eepurl.com/flNPY
* Mac OS X 10.7's Finder doesn't count "local backups" on some configuration when showing free space. Therefore, don't be surprised if Disk Alarm isn't showing the same as the Finder. Disk Alarm shows what you'd see in the System Information.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• NEW Fully Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite and its Dark Menu Bar!
• NEW Now using Notifications instead of App Alert
• NEW: Displaying the Red Disk Alarm Icon when drive is full, same as in the Dock
• NEW: Showing a badge in the Icon with the total free space.
• NEW: Disk Alarm is now a Sandboxed App, being a better citizen on OS X.
• FIXED: Going to Full Screen when trying to close the Window - not anymore!
• FIXED: Not showing the app at restart if asked to be hidden
• FIXED: Various cosmetic and functional Bug fixes
• FIXED: Send E-mail checkbox now de-activated when no volumes are checked.
• FIXED: Version 2.0 wasn't starting because of bad signatures on our side. Sorry. Fixed.
Shows promise, but not quite there
This is a nice idea, that could be useful, but a few annoying bugs and feature limitations still need to be worked out (I’m using version 2.0.1):
1) Lots and lots of crashes. Lucky if it runs for more than a few hours between crashes. I have it installed on two computers, and it crashes on both, so I don’t believe this is a problem with my setup.
2) It seems to occasionally lose track of some of the drives I’ve configured, so I have to add them back in.
3) I have a list of 6-8 drives, depending on the computer. I’d like to be able to change the order in which they appear, as they take up a fair amount of room in the visual display.
4) In the icon in the Mac menu bar, it seems to show only internal drives, not the full list of all drives I have asked the app to monitor. This is a significant weakness in usefulness.
For version 2, I would expect these problems to already be worked out and features to be worked in.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 06, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Manuel CARRASCO MOLINA
- © Manuel Carrasco Molina
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor