Warplanes: A History Of Aerial Combat
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“This is the kind of specialized content that the iPad was designed to consume.” - 148 Apps about Gameloft’s first book-app, War In The Pacific.
Take off with Gameloft’s 2nd book-app that lets you explore 43 of history’s most innovative and important war planes.
You won’t just read about the historic role of these amazing aircraft, you will interact with them through rotatable 3D models. Peruse a gallery of over 200 HD pictures plus interactive cutaway diagrams and schematics that let you look closely at their every detail. You can even watch certain planes in action with a wide collection of videos. This app was designed to not just inform, but entertain, whether you’re an expert or just a fan of war planes.
This book-app features:
• 43 historic war planes including fighters, bombers, reconnaissance and more
• Accurate 3D reproductions for each plane
• A gallery of over 200 photographs
• Detailed information including each plane’s combat role, historic significance & interesting facts
• Technical illustrations: Schematic/blueprints and color illustrations
• A stats screen that lets you compare planes side-by-side.
• 15 videos of the aircraft in action: watch them taking off, maneuvering and firing weapons.
• Interactive cutaway diagram drawings
• Interactive timeline showing the evolution of war planes
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Updated for iOS 5.0
Terrific app and packed with very accurate info. Developers did a great job. UI is good and clean. Has enough info to stay interesting without info overload. As for the Harrier comment below by jodi johnson......it talks about the AV-8B. If you are such an expert, you would know the Brits USED to fly the GR series. Also, the USAF doesn't fly the Harrier, the Marine Corps does. Besides,the Brits just sold their entire Harrier fleet to the US. Get your facts straight before you criticize others.
What's wrong with War Planes
I like the app but it has a couple of glitches. First of all,you can't rotate the screen. Second of all,I like to watch the videos of the planes taking off,but I can't slide the screen over to see the other features of the details page. If only you could give this app a miner update the app and fix those glitches,I would give this app a solid 5 star rating!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟Hope you give it an update
Extremely us forces bias
For a buck fine for 7 NO! When I think of a harrier I think of the raf ones just like I do with spit(fire)s and the p40 well this app SOMEHOW manages to show USAF for all 3 of those
I really could go on about it but they give the impression the us forces are the only ones to fly when I KNOW the raf also flies
Personally I'm thinking this app is a disgrace for anyone intrested in planes/flying and I can't help but think it was a buck that I could have spent better
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 26, 2011
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 459 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2011 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft, and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.