Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9"
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Color Without Compromise:
- 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s time-lapse replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favorite streaming service
- Record everything in real time and share it to any connected service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
What's New in Version 3.2.4
If you've got one of the new iPad Pros, this update is for you. This fixes a cancelling issue with the canvas zoom and pan gesture on both new iPad Pro models.
If you'd like an inside peek of the really exciting things we're working on, you can find us on Instagram, and we'll see you in the Fall for Procreate 4!
Amazing, even for the novice
I am new to drawing, taking my first lessons. I used Linea for the first 2 weeks, and I still love it for it's simplicity, with just enough options to make it a very fun and useful sketch app. Yet, I soon yearned for more options, and downloaded Procreate. At first, I missed the great simple options and controls of Linea, but by day 2 the power and beauty (yes, well functioning apps are a thing of beauty to me) came through and I only use Procreate now. While I am practicing beginning methods of sketching, I am also learning Procreate, which in itself offers many AHA moments when I learn how to do something I initially could not figure out.
With that said, if you are reading this and thinking of buying Procreate, do not hesitate... this app is simply amazing... even for the beginner! Part of the joy is the terrific online support and forums. I have not had a question I could not readily find an answer to by searching the web. This app is worth so much more than the $4.99... kudos to the Procreate team and all the amazing users who have enabled me to find answers to my questions.
I've been using this app for over a year and I've made a lot of great art with it. There are so many different brushes (you can create your own too) and its design makes it simple to use and figure out! The only complaint I have is that every once in a while, it crashes, but closing out of it and opening it again fixes the problem. I also don't think there are shape options, so you can't make an easy circle for backgrounds, or maybe I'm just too stupid to figure it out. Anyways, I've downloaded many drawing apps and this one is by far my favorite! Awesome layout, amazing brush and canvas options, and it comes with tutorials and pre-made color palettes. You can also create your own color palettes and the options are endless. 10/10
Art & Design Professional & Professor
I have been waiting, not so patiently, for the Apple to produce hardware that matches the creative function of Procreate; the new (10.5) Pro and Pencil combined with Procreate gives me the ability to "draw" as I would in my Molskin using a mechanical pencil. And then merge into a digital format! Large pixel size allows seamless integration/ interface with Photoshop. Because my work is both digital and print I have tremndous latitude for creation - any where I want - most recently at 35,000 feet over the Grand Canyon. As a professor my students know and witness the importance of staying current and Procreate is up to producing high quality design work. Other apps are behind, in terms of intuitive use, features and exporting possibilities. Bravo!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 26, 2017
- Version: 3.2.4
- Size: 134 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015$1.99