Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award Winner and App Store Essential.
Procreate is the most powerful and intuitive digital illustration App available for iPad®. It’s packed with features artists love, including 120 incredible brushes, advanced layer blending, 64-bit performance and a uniquely powerful brush engine. Because Procreate is iPad exclusive, it’s been designed to take advantage of every ounce of power the iPad can offer.
Creatives are embracing Procreate for its unique combination of intuitive design, fluid speed and raw power, allowing artists to create exceptional digital art anywhere.
• Studio-grade features:
- Ultra High Definition 4K Canvas size
- Powered by Silica, the fastest OpenGL painting engine
- 64-bit optimized for iPad Air 2
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; utilizes iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Dropbox integration for quick and easy sharing
- Canvases up to 4096 x 4096px for iPad 3+
- Canvases up to 4096 x 2616px for iPad 2 and iPad mini 1
- Localizations for fifteen languages
• Breakthrough drawing tools:
- Packed with 120 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 25 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Industry grade color tools:
- Native 64-bit color
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Easy threshold adjustments for perfect color fills
- Reference Layer feature for exact ColorDrop fills without damaging your line work
- Input RGB or HEX values for exact color
- Tap to save your selected color as a swatch
- Drag and drop swatches to easily delete
- Save, rename, duplicate, import and export custom swatch palettes
- Switch between the color ring and classic color picker in Preferences
• Streamlined interface designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Beautiful gesture controls keep your process efficient
- Keep your artwork organized with simple drag and drop controls
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
- Light Interface especially made for bright conditions
• Advanced layering system:
- Dynamic layer caps offer as many layers as possible for your iPad hardware and canvas size
- Lock your layer transparency with a single swipe
- Copy and paste layers
- Pinch layers together to merge
- Create, merge, clear, delete and adjust opacity of layers with fluid gestures
- 18 Layer Blend modes for perfect color compositing
• Transform tools:
- Distort, perspective & shear
- Non-Uniform & Uniform transformation
- Magnetic smart guide system
• Multi-touch gestures:
- Hybrid selection tool reinvented for touch controls
- Add to, subtract from, invert, copy or transform a selection
- Use the intuitive transform tool to shear, distort and resize selections or layers
- Zoom and rotate the canvas with two fingers
- Use three fingers to hide and show the interface, clear layers, undo or redo, and cut, copy or paste
- Simply tap and hold to invoke the eyedropper and release to select a color
- Use two fingers to rotate your artwork in the Gallery
• iOS 8 sharing:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension with iOS 8 Sharing
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG or JPEG
• GPU accelerated filters:
- Gaussian Blur
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance
• Automatically record your painting:
- Watch artwork come to life as Procreate repaints every stroke in stunning 1080p
- Export HD video files to Photos, Mail, Dropbox or iTunes
What's New in Version 2.3.1
iOS 9 is here! Our boss told us to release a bug fix update, but after extensive experiments with flies, beetles, a lot of adhesive tape and one very angry wasp, we decided that wasn’t going to work for us. So while Dave’s swellings went down, we fixed all these problems with Procreate instead.
- Swiping between the colour picker and the palette library made Procreate so confused it would stop working. Using small words and big pictures we’ve taught it the difference, and now it copes much better.
- Sometimes activating Reference Layer would look like it worked, but it really didn’t. This was very funny but not very useful.
- Under iOS 9, selecting a Wacom device crashed the app. We locked Procreate and Wacom styli in a room and didn’t let them out until they decided to get along.
- Multiply blend mode and some Adjustments were very broken. They’re better now.
- Swatch palettes didn’t want to go where you put them, now they do what they’re told.
- Exporting a PSD file by email will now actually work.
- We fixed an issue where copying a selection while in Transform mode would copy the entire layer instead.
- We also thought it would be great if the video recording setting actually enabled you to turn video recording on or off. Radical, we know.
- Changing your background colour used to also change your selected colour. While this was inclusive and heartwarming, it wasn’t overly practical.
- Using the eyedropper from a stylus button reset your previous colour. Now for the eight of you that use this feature, it will work properly.
- The Adonit SDK really liked putting things in the top left corner of the screen. With great effort, we’ve coaxed it back to the actual canvas.
- Support for the Hex3 Jaja has been removed, and there was much rejoicing.
If you haven’t seen yet, we’ve just made a big announcement - Procreate 3 is coming. This free update for existing users will be our biggest release yet, and it’ll be out by the end of 2015. For more information, check out http://procreate.si
Superb for non-artists and professionals, alike
I’m not a professional artist but have outgrown simple sketch apps like Paper from 53. I was amazed by the results that I was able to achieve with Procreate. The level of precision in Procreate is unlike anything else I’ve seen on the iPad, especially with a stylus like 53’s Pencil. Naturally, with greater power and flexibility comes a bit of a learning curve, but Procreate is consistent and straightforward, and their manual is superb. It it clear that Procreate has creative tools that I have only begun to understand and use, which implies that there’s a lot of headroom for professional artists, too.
I absolutely love this tool. And, unexpectedly, their change logs, too.
[Aside: 53 really badly misstepped with their abandonment of the notebook metaphor. Even if I hadn’t outgrown Paper, I’d still be switching to Procreate for that reason alone.]
This is THE APP for straight out digital painters.
I have two drawing apps that I L O V E ... and believe me I have bought and tried them all!
Some have all the basic features and if you are using a checklist to find an app they will seem ok
Some have good tools .. and ALMOST get there .. Some are really excellent if all you want is a pencil or a pen with a few colors.
THIS app is far and away the BEST QUALITY digital art tool for iPad for artists who want the most natural feeling painting experience you will find, but ALSO want the power of digital painting features. It already has a huge canvas at 4K, and is making a commitment to go to 8K on the iPad PRO ... 8K!!!!! on a mobile device... with an app that uses layer, filters, incredible and powerful brush tools. Trust me, other apps have powerful brushes that just can't cut it on larger canvases or at larger brush sizes... unless you like to watch the brush slug along behind you each brush stroke)
I could go on and on about this app, but for a few bucks, you can just find out for yourself. I don't even know how Procreate pack sooo much power into such a reasonable price!
If you do buy it .. come chat with us in the very friendly Procreate forums! You'll find some great art posted there.
I have it for four years
I am not professional artist. But, this is by far my most favorite iPad. App. It is incredibly powerful, the development team is consumer friendly / helpful ...
The user community is amazing. But, the app itself is powerful, intuitive, flexible and stable. The team is constantly adding incredible features and functionality. Each new release is better than its predecessor ... Which is saying a lot.
And, it is the closest I have found to actually drawing, painting, sketching. Now, if they can come up with a way to smell the graphite, oil, feel the chalk it would be heaven
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 25, 2015
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 69.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPad.