"...very well done." (bestappsite.com)
The test consists of 70 questions, organized into thirteen thematic sections. The questions must be solved in a predetermined sequence. The IQ test was developed for single use only. While designed to be enjoyable, its primary purpose is to determine your IQ with the highest possible accuracy.
According to current definitions, intelligence is composed of a variety of different mental abilities. Dr. Reichel's IQ test includes different parts, allowing the following characteristics to be examined:
• Linguistic ability
• Analytical thinking
• Logic and reasoning
• Abstract thinking
• Working memory
• Quantitative reasoning
• Spatial judgement
• Processing speed and accuracy
The psychologist Dr. Wolfgang Reichel is a renowned IQ expert and the author of numerous books on the topic of aptitude and IQ tests. He has developed IQ tests for leading newspapers and television programs. Working with the team at the binary family, he conceived this test specifically for use on the iPhone.
• Evaluation of your abilities in 13 sections with a total of 70 questions
• Explanatory example preceding each section
• Meticulously developed interface, designed especially for iPhone
• Concentration-enhancing music (optional)
• Option to continue an interrupted test upon returning to program
• 5 language options (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian) set automatically according to iPhone's country setting
• Results for each user saved
Please read before purchasing this app:
• The test can only be used once per person
• Allow 45 minutes for the test and avoid distractions
• The results of the IQ test can be affected by various factors, including momentary physical and emotional condition, as well as outside disturbances
• This test cannot take the place of a professional IQ test. Professional tests are administered by psychologists and are significantly more complex.
• This test is designed for adults and young people age 15 or older
• In the interest of accuracy, IQ results will only be calculated up to 145
• Performance improvements
• Thank you for all your feedback as we continue to improve this app!
• Now fully iOS 11 compatible
Ratings and Reviews
Unlike other iPhone (or really, most popular "do-it-yourself") IQ tests which focus solely on one area or another, this one gives questions in all areas intelligence must be measured in.
Obviously, this cannot take the place of a legitimate psychiatrist, but it does give a good ballpark image of the user's IQ. For example, taking into account test deviance, my own was reported by psychiatrists as between 148 and 153, and this test reported 144 (though I understand it does not test past 145). This is less than one-half a standard deviation's difference (the standard deviation of IQs is 15), which makes this test, in my experiences, a relatively decent measure.
A note of warning, though - knowing your own IQ changes nothing in your life. You're just as smart as you were before you knew.
Questionable at best
This test has very strict time limits for certain parts of the test such as the problem solving, logic problems, and the spatial reasoning sections. The correct answers to the questions in the "technical reasoning" section are questionable especially the one about the scissors and the gears. Some of the odd one out questions can have multiple answers depending on how you define the words... Same with the analogies.. I do not think these questions were well developed nor are there enough for each section to be all that reliable and produce accurate results... Scored a 117 the first time and 125 the 2nd... Don't know how me getting 4 hours of sleep plays into that, but on one other IQ test that was actually developed by a psychologist in a book I scored a 132... Not sure how reliable the claims of this app are.
Not bad - Needs major improvement
To start, it is a good app. The issue is that it should allow the user to better themselves within the categories that he/she is weak at. It also should teach the user. If you take the exam once, the same set of questions will be asked when you take it again. It shouldn't give you the same exacted questions. For example; there should be like 700 total questions if not more, covering 7 categories, 100 per category. And each time you take it would constantly change the question, and also give you the option to study per category.
- the binary family GmbH
- 21 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 the binary family & Thorsten Rauser
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.