This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Just some of the things you can do with Pinterest:
• Find everyday ideas you love—what to make for dinner, what to put on your walls, what to wear and more ideas for every part of your life.
• Save ideas for later—organize ideas by topic, so they’re always easy to find.
• Search by keyword or with your camera—discover ideas inspired by anything you point the Pinterest camera at.
• Collaborate with friends—save ideas together for your next group trip, party or project.
• Save ideas you find around the web—just use the Pinterest’s Save button on your mobile browser.
What's New in Version 6.36.1
Every 2 weeks, we polish up the Pinterest app to make it faster and better than ever. Tell us how you like this newest version at http://help.pinterest.com/contact
Bring back the like button
Overall, the concept of the app is good and it runs smoothly. However, I'm very upset with the removal of something as basic as the like button. I had almost two thousand pins liked because I wanted to return to them later and read or look, but didn't want to "pin" them (not save them, why get rid of that obvious word choice?). Now they're ALL GONE. Not only that, but I can't even like things moving forward, to show my appreciation for a post, even if I don't want to save it to my own boards. Not a fan of that change.
Also, I, along with everyone else, am not a fan of the algorithm. In my own feed, I just want to see things from people I follow, in order of when they were posted. Why is this such a hard concept? If I wanted to see popular things, I would go to the popular feed. If I wanted your suggestions on something specific, I would type a keyword in on the search bar. These things seem obvious, Pinterest.
UPDATED review - loving the app now
EDIT: I was able to turn off "friend activity" notifications, so this should hopefully declutter my notification section. I am very happy this feature was added and have changed my review from 3 to 5 stars!
Old review: I have enjoyed this app but it is frustrating that I can't turn off notifications when other people add pins. In addition, there is frequently a random pop up asking me who of my friends would like what I just pinned. When I click "skip" it still takes me to a pop up of my friends. This is very annoying and makes me quit the app every time it happens. We should be given the option to not get certain notifications and to opt out of such prompts.
Too much repeating
I love being able to look up just about anything on Pinterest. But I keep seeing the same content repeatedly. And just because I click on one picture of a donkey it doesn’t mean I want twenty more pics automatically popping up. I do like the new circles at the top of the page for quick searches. I don’t like the little circle in the bottom corners. Sometimes it blocks what is in that pin and you have to click on it to see it fully and then guess what... you automatically get twenty more pins of that one. Which you don’t necessarily want, you just wanted to see that one pin without the circle blocking it. I do like it’s purpose though. Finding like pins when you touch it. I just don’t like the location of it.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 12, 2017
- Version: 6.36.1
- Size: 85.3 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Pinterest, Inc.
- © 2016 Pinterest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.