By Imaginary Feet, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Oh no! The Cooties are loose in the lab! They've contaminated all your liquids and your phone! They are eating all your stars and stealing all your points! Use your fingers to fight back! Collect the stars to defeat the Cooties!
HOW TO PLAY:
- Touch and hold the screen, avoid the Cooties who jump, explode, and shoot kisses at you
- Move around to collect powerups like shields, stars, deflector fields, etc
- Avoid bombs, and negative items!
- Outlast the timer on each level to beat it!
- Collect stars to unlock more levels
- Play survival mode and compete with other gamers!
- Survive as long as possible before the Cooties get you!
- 20 unique levels (more on the way!)
- 8 different Cooties with unique abilities
- Survival Mode for infinite replay value
- OpenFeint for leaderboards and sharing your scores
BRAND NEW: ABILITY POWERS!
You can activate five different ability powers while the game is paused. Each of the ability powers gives you unique bonuses and advantages within the level:
* Bonus Shield: recharge a single shield
* Bullet Time: slow down time for a few seconds, to make Cootie dodging easier
* Decoy: add a decoy to the last spot you touched, which will then attract Cooties and leave you in the clear for a few seconds
* Magnet: attract points, stars, shields, and items to your finger while repelling bombs away from you!
* Deflector Field: soround your finger with a Cootie deflection field that will prevent jumping Cooties from reaching you!
You can only use each Ability Power once during a level, and ability powers cost ABILITY POINTS (APs). This way the competitive spirit of the levels and survival mode stays mostly intact.
You can collect APs across levels, or buy 100 AP for $0.99 cents.
MORE COOTIES, MORE POWERUPS, AND MORE LEVELS COMING SOON!
What's New in Version 1.3.1
* Ability Points price has been dropped to 300 for $0.99
* We are giving all players 100 complimentary APs!
* We've updated Cootie side to side movement AI to be a bit more... predictable, and not so erratic.
* We have updated our main menu screen with the OpenFeint GameFeed, featuring game community events!
Tried liking this.
Kudos first to the devs for a good looking polished app. I really appreciated the unique idea and possibility of gameplay.
The biggest issues are tied together: difficulty and viewable space. The levels seem almost not graduated whatsoever in terms of a steady increae in difficulty. The viewable space/control scheme is borderline unplayable. By level three the characters are moving so fast that you end up getting double/triple hit by virtue that you can't see the play area because your finger is in the way. I have small/thin fingers and can't even imagine what the experience would be for ham-fisted folks.
I can see this in it's current state being WAY more adaptable to the larger surface of an iPad. As other reviewers have mentioned the load times strike me as unusually long on iPhone 4. Definitely a cool idea that unfortunately is no fun to play. Shame.
Great app *
Still a very hard app even with a little help from the power ups and I main a little they just don't last too long and the speed of the cooties are too fast and their are too many also their are alot of bombs in the levels it's hard too pass because their are so many this app can be awesome if the developer can update this app the right way so everybody can enjoy it even kids *
Good Game But Difficult
This game is a great time killer and is fun at the same time! However, as other reviews state... the increase in difficulty is almost not there as by early levels it is very hard to not get hit by the cooties because they move so fast. With the limited viewability on the iPhone 4 is what makes it hard as well.
I would love to see a fix on difficulty increase and perhaps universal and iCloud support. Other then that, good job developers!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 08, 2011
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Imaginary Feet, LLC
- © 2011 ImaginaryFeet LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.