HazeOver • Distraction Dimmer
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get rid of distractions and focus on your current task. HazeOver automatically highlights the front app window by dimming all background windows. ▸▸▸ Demo Video: HazeOver.com
• Spend less time managing windows. Window clutter will no longer bother you.
• Got a big screen? Then going full screen is not an option for you. HazeOver to the rescue!
• Multiple displays? HazeOver will let you know which screen is focused or highlight a window on each monitor.
• Working at night? Reduce brightness of OS X interface without sacrificing legibility or color accuracy of the front window.
• Dark menu bar and Dock mode will look soooo pleasing!
Heavy multi-tasking kills your concentration. All that tweets, emails, chat messages and lolcats staring back at you from the background. They strive for your attention. And you only have that much of it.
Don’t let yourself drown in scores of open windows. Hiding, switching, looking for the right one, more hiding, more switching. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out, launch HazeOver and finally concentrate on what’s you’ve been up to.
HazeOver automatically highlights an active window or app when you switch windows. The less important things gently fade away in the background, helping increase your productivity.
Set the hazing intensity and speed to your liking. Be it a soft dimming, an undemanding hint to focus on your workflow. Or a powerful dark background for outright dedication to your current task.
• Desktop is automatically revealed when focused (requires Accessibility)
• Toggle the shade with a keyboard shortcut or adjust intensity with a gesture.
• Dragging stuff between apps? Tap “fn” key and HazeOver will gracefully fade out.
Still unconvinced? Ask LifeHacker, CNET, MacWorld, Engadget and Product Hunt.
What's New in Version 1.7.5
• Use Touch Bar to change dimming intensity or color on the new MacBook Pro.
Wish I knew about this years ago!
I’m a multi-monitor user and usually have a ton of windows. Besides helping me focus, it gives my eyes a break by keeping the overall brightness down to a minimum. I used to use a few multi-monitor screen dimmers, but they never seemed to be able to consistently manage more than one monitor. Also, it’s a pain to have to constantly adjust them based on how many windows I need to got my work done. HazeOver does it all and very well!
One of the first things I install on a new Mac
I’ve always appreciated having a dimmed workspace, going back to OS X Leopard. At the time there were only really hacky ways to accomplish this, but when HazeOver came out, it did everything I wanted and used legit components of the OS X framework to do so.
I really appreciate that continued development of this application, as it is truly one of the first things I install when I set up a new Mac.
getting steadily better
Ever since Isolator stopped working (and yes, Isolator has been abandoned by the developer and totally broken for at least 2 years at this point), I’ve been searching for a replacement and finally, HazeOver is it. Transitions are buttery smooth, and the developer is very actively maintaining it. I’m quite pleased and recommend this highly.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 21, 2016
- Version: 1.7.5
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Maxim Ananov
- © 2007-2016 Maxim Ananov
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor