DM1 - The Drum Machine
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DM1 is an advanced vintage Drum Machine. It turns your iPad into a fun and creative beat making machine.
Easy and fast to use, loaded with 99 superb electronic drum kits and beautiful hyper-realistic graphics, DM1 has been designed for a lot of instant fun.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 99 electronic drum kits. 28 classic vintage drum kits plus 71 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio.
DM1 offers 5 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER frees your imagination with a smart use of the multi-touch screen. Just turn on and off steps in your sequence with the tip of your fingers to create cool beats, or unexpected rhythms!
2 - THE DRUM PADS simply lets you play and record the beat that tickles your fingers. No need to be a first-class drummer, automatic quantize does the work for you.
3 - THE MIXER for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Featuring settings for volume, pitch, sample length, custom drum kit element for each channel, mute and solo mode.
4 - THE FX TRACKPADS a creative duo of FX trackpads to distort, modulate and transform your beats. The effects include: Overdrive, Delay, Reverb, Envelope follower, Phaser, Dub Delay, Formant, Texturizer, Robotizer, Filter, Dalek filter, Compressor and Noise Gate.
5 - THE SONG COMPOSER allows you to quickly make a song with the beat patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Fast and easy.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Smart ergonomy for fast creativity and fun
• 99 vintage and produced drum kits, mastered at in-house Fingerlab Sound Studios
• Samples Import from iPod Library, microphone, DropBox, AudioCopy and iTunes shared folder
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• Time signature
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Mixer page with pitch, length and level rotary controls, pan controls, choke and custom drum kit per channel
• Automation Panel for a precise and intuitive control of any Mixer parameter over time
• Duo FX Trackpads for real-time sonic destruction and multi-FX
• Live Waveform display for FX pads
• FX per track
• FX automation (FX parameters and FX per pattern)
• 9 Big Drum pads, quantized recording and pitch-bend ribbon
• Pitch-bend ribbon automation
• Mode song with intuitive editing
• High-quality export to SoundCloud, DropBox, Facebook, email, iTunes shared folder or AudioCopy
• Separated tracks and AAC encoding export options
• The Randomizer tool
• Extra fast drum kit loading
• Playable pattern selection for extra creativity
• Audio background mode
• WIST synchronization technology by Korg for syncing 2 iPads/iPhones together
• Audiobus support
• Import & Export your song project (DropBox, Mail, iTunes folder)
• Full Midi implementation
• Inter-App Audio support
Watch DM1 video trailer on YouTube Fingerlab's channel:
Feel free to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the next DM1 update.
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Visit us : fingerlab.net
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Contact us : email@example.com
Powered by Fingerlab
What's New in Version 5.0.2
-iPad2 startup crash fix
FX section messed up. Seems like they fix one thing and break something else that was working. Oh well…can't recommend as it is now.
With the new update AudioCopy works like it's supposed to. Export to DropBox still opens DFX. Not perfect but I'm OK with it I guess. I like it otherwise.
I want to love DM1 however it does not export properly. I can record into AudioShare by using AudioBus but exporting just doesn't work. When I try to export to Dropbox it opens the DFX app... you get the picture. Hope they fix it soon. I don't suggest buying this until they do.
Waste of Money!
I give up on this app.... It used to work flawlessly but here's another update that yet continue to have CRASH ISSUES (Specifically when trying to create a user kit - I know before it was crashing on exports but I didn't try that this time)!!! This app just doesn't seem reliable or worth the money, even though it's not that expensive. You guys at Fingerlab need to go back to the drawing board and redo this app from scratch or something. I'll take Garageband over this any day! Don't waste your dollars folks you will regret it!
Works, but old stuff is useless
On my iPad 3rd gen, I can open this app and use it. Since they changed the way the FX works, half of my older projects are rendered useless due to the fact that they are all completely distorted now. I pretty much have to work from the ground up to get them to sound similar again. My big complaint as of right now is that the compression works more like a volume knob than its specified purpose.