DM1 - The Drum Machine
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DM1 is an advanced vintage Drum Machine. It turns your iPad into a fun and creative beat making machine.
Easy and fast to use, loaded with 99 superb electronic drum kits and beautiful hyper-realistic graphics, DM1 has been designed for a lot of instant fun.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 99 electronic drum kits. 28 classic vintage drum kits plus 71 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio.
DM1 offers 5 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER frees your imagination with a smart use of the multi-touch screen. Just turn on and off steps in your sequence with the tip of your fingers to create cool beats, or unexpected rhythms!
2 - THE DRUM PADS simply lets you play and record the beat that tickles your fingers. No need to be a first-class drummer, automatic quantize does the work for you.
3 - THE MIXER for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Featuring settings for volume, pitch, sample length, custom drum kit element for each channel, mute and solo mode.
4 - THE FX TRACKPADS a creative duo of FX trackpads to distort, modulate and transform your beats. The effects include: Overdrive, Delay, Reverb, Envelope follower, Phaser, Dub Delay, Formant, Texturizer, Robotizer, Filter, Dalek filter, Compressor and Noise Gate.
5 - THE SONG COMPOSER allows you to quickly make a song with the beat patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Fast and easy.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Smart ergonomy for fast creativity and fun
• 99 vintage and produced drum kits, mastered at in-house Fingerlab Sound Studios
• Samples Import from iPod Library, microphone, DropBox, AudioCopy and iTunes shared folder
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• Time signature
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Mixer page with pitch, length and level rotary controls, pan controls, choke and custom drum kit per channel
• Automation Panel for a precise and intuitive control of any Mixer parameter over time
• Duo FX Trackpads for real-time sonic destruction and multi-FX
• Live Waveform display for FX pads
• FX per track
• FX automation (FX parameters and FX per pattern)
• 9 Big Drum pads, quantized recording and pitch-bend ribbon
• Pitch-bend ribbon automation
• Mode song with intuitive editing
• High-quality export to SoundCloud, DropBox, Facebook, email, iTunes shared folder or AudioCopy
• Separated tracks and AAC encoding export options
• The Randomizer tool
• Extra fast drum kit loading
• Playable pattern selection for extra creativity
• Audio background mode
• Audiobus support
• Import & Export your song project (DropBox, Mail, iTunes folder)
• Full Midi implementation
• Inter-App Audio support
Watch DM1 video trailer on YouTube Fingerlab's channel:
Feel free to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the next DM1 update.
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Visit us : fingerlab.net
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Fingerlab
What's New in Version 5.1.1
- Add Audiobus Remote
- Fixed some Midi Notes & Tempo issues
- Fixed some Inter-app audio (IAA) connection issues
Great sound and features, but...
Giving it five stars because it is really a fantastic drum sequencer with lots of slick features. But please, dear developer, the midi sync implementation needs to be completely rewritten. Please check out SeekBeats for the tightest implementation I've come across. It slaves to external Midi sync like a champ. If DM1 could do this, it would truly be perfect!!!!
I think the midi sync implementation is actually worse than 4.1, if that's even possible.
Now we're getting somewhere. Big thanks for the efforts on external midi sync. All it really needs is a clock offset knob and it will be perfect. As is, it locks to external clock really well, no more drifting away... but it is ahead of the beat enough to be a problem. If I could dial in a fixed offset it would work perfect.
I take back my comments on midi sync for 5.1. It's still very unreliable. I wouldn't complain as much but SeekBeats is so good at external midi sync I just don't understand why dm1 can't nail it.
Killer drum machine
Best I've found - tons of options - great for old meets meets new - love to see: more drum machine presets and/or user set uploads - (I.e. electro harmonix sounds) - Rex-like loop stretch
Nice to have a bit more options on the fx and how they insert, but there are plenty of work-arounds
Again, fine as-is & stoopid kool for the $$$ - really - pony up already
My favorite drum app. Simple, sounds great, and loaded with effects to get the sound you want. Well worth the money for a beginner or a pro.