Ticket to Ride
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE BEST-SELLING BOARD GAME NOW PLAYABLE ON THE IPAD
Elegantly simple… 3 minutes to learn… tension building at every turn – definitely NOT your Father's train game!
*** Apple Game of the Week (iPad), June 9-15, 2011 – #1 in Strategy Games – #1 in Board Games – #9 in Top Apps in the App Store*** (Source: TopAppCharts, May-June 2011)
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with Gold Award – "A fantastic adaptation of an excellent boardgame, and a must-buy for strategy fans"
**Ars Technica: "The iPad version of Ticket to Ride impresses right from the beginning."
**Wired: "the app is a beaut. If you’re a fan of board games and you’ve got an iPad, this is definitely one you’ll want to get."
**148Apps: 5 Stars and Editor's Choice – "…the best translation of a board game to iOS yet"
**iOS Board Games (BoardGameGeek.com): 9.5/10 – "A fun and engaging app that offers a sleek and speedy online multiplayer system. It ranks up there with the best offerings on iOS."
By the makers of Small World for iPad, winner of the Pocket Gamer Awards 2011 for Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year!
The best Online adaptation yet of Days of Wonder’s best-selling train game, Ticket to Ride features:
• Includes Pass-and-Play with up to 5 live opponents on one iPad
• Alan R. Moon’s official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork
• Game Center and Days of Wonder Online support for Online Play against other iPad, Mac and PC gamers
• An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents willing and ready to play 24/7!
• Solo play against up to 4 AI players
• Additional maps of Europe, Switzerland and USA 1910 available as in-game purchases
• Terrific iPad video tutorial with voice acting for quick and easy learning
• Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
• Contextual in-game Conductor’s Notes (web-based rules) to help you master all the maps
• Grand Central Station, a fully-animated and colorful experience to discover the world of Ticket to Ride
• Online and offline Hall of Fame
What's New in Version 1.4.2
*** NEW FEATURES ***
• Facebook Native Share support: share your Achievements on Facebook with a single click!
• Improved sign-up/login user interface:
◇ One-click sign-up using Game Center or Facebook.
◇ Easy step-by-step process to find your existing Days of Wonder Online account and link it to your Game Center and Facebook accounts.
◇ New panel in the Settings screen to manage your accounts, switch to another Days of Wonder Online account, etc.
• Online Games: the Ranking Score of your opponents is now displayed under their name in the Waiting Room.
• You can completely now stop the in-game tutorial before your first game ends.
• iOS 6 support.
*** BUG FIXES AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS ***
• Saving your Achievements to your Days of Wonder Online account was improved.
• Other various fixes.
• Enable Halloween for iOS 4 users
The worst Game Center integration I've ever seen.
First off, the actual game play is great. it's just like the board game. That being said the online multiplayer lobby is so awful I wish I could return the app.
To begin with, if you want to play single player or against someone via local wireless that one menu (you just press the 'play' button) but if you want to play online it's a completely different menu labeled 'more'; this is very odd but at least it's only irritating once.
Once you get into the multiplayer lobby, starting the game with a specific person in game center is downright difficult. First you select the person in the Game Center tab, then press 'invite to play', then press 'play' and then press 'play now'; then and only then is the invite actually sent. How many play buttons do you need?! After pressing three different play buttons the other person finally gets an invite to play (if it doesn't time out on you). The problem with the invite is the other person only gets a few seconds to actually accept the invite because the only way to accept it is the fleeting message center notification.
There are other problems too like how if a Game Center element is already open when you accept an invite the game actually breaks and leaves a zombie popup that never goes away.
The ridiculously bad online play makes and otherwise good game an exercise in frustration to play.
Fun with family 👍🏆🎉🍻
We all play using our iPhones (TTR Pocket) together with our iPads.📲 (Contrary to a review below👀 that claims the iPad version doesn't work with TTR Pocket). Excellent game and UI! Brilliant how they made it very playable on the little iPhone screen. I'm jealous of the iPad players but I don't feel a disadvantage.
The only gripe is sometimes wifi says Reconnecting and you can lose your entire game you just spent 25 minutes playing! I don't j is if that's my wifi router or just some interference but I wish the game had a more desperate attempt to avoid disconnects. Fortunately it hasn't happened in the last 6 games we played.
With 3 players you can expect a game to last about 30 minutes. Moves pretty fast.
Lastly I think $2.99 would be a better price. $6.99 is a little steep. 💰💰Add in several players and you're earning more for digital software than if we bought a boxed board game! 👀
Good but could be better
I love the board game and the app is a decent version, but a lot could be better. First, as others have noted, it would be great to have turn-based play so you don't have to play in real time. More importantly, the game needs to time out players in online mode who do not make a move. I was playing someone in online mode and they would NOT go. I waited a half hour and finally left the game. This has happened to me several times and now my karma is shot and now one will play with me. Really annoying as I never left the games because I was losing or anything like that. It takes forever to build good karma but only a single left game to destroy it. I've also found that the AI, as with most games, isn't that bright. They each have a strategy they stick to without fail even though not every strategy works for every scenario. I'd recommend, but wish the developers would improve as there has not been a meaningful update in some time.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 22, 2012
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 148 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride USA - 1910$0.99
- Ticket to Ride Europe$4.99
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland$3.99
- Legendary Asia$3.99