Discover Ticket To Ride, the digital adaptation of the famous Ticket To Ride board game.
Don't hang about on the platform – board the train and set off on a railway adventure like no other. Collect wagons to take control of the railways connecting the various cities of the United States of America and relive the golden age of the first railroads. Continue the adventure in other countries using the various maps available in the store, including Europe, India, Asia, Germany, and the new United Kingdom expansion. Now you can create your own railway network by connecting cities across the world.
Enjoy different gaming experiences such as challenging players from around the world in asynchronous multiplayer mode and discovering a very balanced single-player mode on different platforms!
With over 50 million online matches and a new game starting every four seconds, Ticket To Ride delivers a gaming experience that is unique in its genre.
**Ars Technica – ""Ticket to Ride is impressive right from the start""
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with a Gold Award – ""A fantastic adaptation of an excellent board game, and a must-buy for strategy fans""
Ticket To Ride Series is:
• The original USA board from Alan R. Moon's Ticket To Ride in high resolution.
• 9 additional maps and 2 mini-expansions (with 2 game variations each) are sold in the in-game store, each with their own special characteristics:
- France (map & game variations)
- United Kingdom (map & game variations)
- Switzerland (map)
- USA 1910 (game variations)
- Europe (map)
- Legendary Asia (map)
- India (vertical map)
- Scandinavia (vertical map)
- Europa 1912 (game variations)
- Pennsylvania (map)
- Germany (map)
- ...And new content updated regularly!
• Single-player mode: play against 1 to 4 AI opponents.
• Multiplayer mode
· Asynchronous online games (Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G) against other players on all types of smartphones and tablets, as well as on computers.
· A unique online community with tens of thousands of players available 24 hours a day!
· Pass and Play Mode: up to 5 players on one screen and the option of adding AI (bots).
· Cross-platform play: challenge players around the world on different platforms and operating systems
• Tutorial to quickly familiarize you with the game.
• Pop-up help during the game to help you get to know all the subtleties of the various boards and game rules.
• Ranking of the best online and single-player players (best scores).
To find out more, visit:
Got a problem and need help? Contact us on: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/ticket-to-ride/
Languages available: English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian.
Fixes 2 rules of France map : draw 8 cards to each player at the beginning of the game and draw 4 tickets when you ask for tickets during the game.
Fixes Pennsylvania map local game when the game was unresponsive in case of no share to give to the dummy player.
Add a new level of animations speed on the settings screen.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice picture and proper sound notice makes good presentation of the game. Brought me much fun and is a good pass time. There’s still a few problems:
1. Please fix the glitches with pass and play on iPad. I was never able to launch the game that way. It quits unexpectedly every time, making me and my friend pay twice if we want to play together even in the same room. I hope it was meant for people together to play on one device. Otherwise we can’t really persuade everybody to pay 6 dollars and get involved.
2. Cannot choose icon for myself. Always the green boy if I’m host player(But I’m girl) it doesn’t mess with the game, but allowing choice with icon is definitely more fun. Same thing for multiplayer’s locally. I cannot tell my friend from robot player unless asking his color
3. I’ve played board game and there was this concept of building a station, where you could use all routes directly connected to the station to complete your path cards. Would you be able to adapt this function? Currently it’s nothing challenging but drawing cards by luck and predicting robots routes to act accordingly. (They are pretty weak though after you’ve played a while)
Excellent game design, glitchy app
I really enjoy the tabletop version of Ticket to Ride, especially playing with my parents who have grown a bit bored of the scrabble-and-monopoly board games but don’t really want to sit through a half-hour rules presentation either. It’s strategic enough to be interesting but not hard to understand. The app version is 100% faithful to the board game, and it’s been a lot of fun to try out the different maps that I’d hesitated to get physical copies of due to space constraints. Definitely worth it if you like board games, and want to play with people far away.
That said, the process of setting up invitation games is clunky and kind of hard to navigate (not to mention troubleshoot over the phone) and the scoring glitches on some of the maps have really detracted from the fun. It’s also a lot of information on a small space, and it would be really handy to be able to up the font size, especially when playing on an iPad mini. I hope to see these problems improve, as I’ve seen some of the older bugs get fixed.
Great Game, Sloppy Update
This is easily one of the best board game adaptations available on mobile. Unfortunately, the most recent update has introduced a slew of unpleasant quirks/bugs. The game stalls almost interminably when transitioning into the final scoring after the last round of turns. Exiting back to the menu from a finished game is another spot where the app can’t quite seem to figure out what it’s meant to be doing.
The new animations are sleek, to be sure. But they’re also wholly unnecessary & ultimately do little more than slow down the gameplay experience. And even though I am playing on an iPad (so no issues here with accidentally exiting the app, as so many other players have bemoaned), the new larger graphics of my hand of cards fanned out often blocks the bottom of the map. I have to tap a card to make them reduce down in size on every turn, which results in the game’s error buzzer sounding *every turn.*
Does all of this make the game unplayable? No, not for me. It does, however, make playing the game unnecessarily tedious, almost to the point I’m inclined to uninstall & save myself some storage space until I hear the kinks have been ironed out.
- Asmodee Digital
- 650.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Digital game published by Asmodee Digital. Game created and edited by Days of Wonder
- In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride USA - 1910 $0.99
- Ticket to Ride Europe $2.99
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.