Wikipedia comes to life with an infinite constellation of visual links. Browse. Discover. Bookmark. Annotate. Share.
* BROWSE: Tap any node, and it expands to give you more information. Intuitive and natural, it's a joy to use. Drag and spin the fluid display.
* DISCOVER: Find endless new topics. Expand your knowledge. Suggestions for related articles appear as a spider web of linked nodes. Explore random articles and daily featured articles.
* BOOKMARK & LABEL: Keep track of articles with bookmarks and via history. Tag articles with your own labels.
* ANNOTATE: Create notes about articles. Notes can be text, audio, images, or video. Record audio notes directly from your iPad. If you have an iPad2 or third generation iPad, record directly from your camera.
* PRESENTATIONS: Create presentations from a sequence of notes, and display a sequence of nodes alongside your notes, like a slideshow.
* SHARE: Share articles and notes via email, Twitter, DropBox, Evernote, or Safari. Print with AirPrint. Copy to clipboard.
* DETAILED VIEW: For more detail, tap any image to view full screen, or view any article in full-page mode.
* MULTILINGUAL: Top 36 Wikipedia languages. Switch easily among translations of the same article.
* PERSONALIZATION: Three type size options. Two beautiful color schemes, brown and blue.
* LEARNING: Great for classrooms! Students can explore any topic, searching and browsing to find articles. Then, students apply their own critical thinking to create their own notes and presentations to share with classmates. The app uses the SpicyNodes visualization technique, which was awarded a "best for teaching and learning" award in 2011 from American Association of School Librarians (AASL).
HEAR THE BUZZ:
* Apple featured as "New and Noteworthy" in Apple's U.S. App Store, week of April 12, 2012 and May 5, 2011; "Staff Pick" in Apple's U.S. App Store, week of May 28, 2011; and featured in other sections of iTunes for Education and Reference in many dozens of countries.
* "WikiNodes takes the huge sprawling maze of information that is Wikipedia and organizes it into a spider web of knowledge." - Phil Hornshaw, Yahoo! News & Appolicious
* "[WikiNodes]...could redefine the way that you use Wikipedia on the iOS." - Blake Grundman, 148Apps
* "WikiNodes is just so intuitive to use... You actually feel as though you are digging deeper and deeper into the information... WikiNodes is fantastic for visual learner" - Gregory Swanson, Apps in Education
* "This generation of learners have a clear preference for information that is presented visually and WikiNodes provides a wonderfully unique and imaginative interface for handling and moving through Wikipedia articles." - Sam Gliksman, iPads in Education.
* "The interface presentation of information [is] similar to that of mind mapping, which I love." - Jess Seilheimer, Digilicious
* "The interface is a freestyle drag and zoom bonanza that lets you jump between related articles easily." - iPad Apps
* "...A lively new approach to working with Wikipedia." - PatrickJ, iPad Insight
Ratings and Reviews
Great wiki app!!
I don't know why there aren't a bunch of reviews. This is a great app. The best way to use Wiki. It has a collection of very useful features and just works well. I have tried others that were close to useless. The nodes this one finds apply directly to the topic, it's not crammed full of bizarre or obscure secondary topics. You can save, send, or post. And more.
Please keep this app going!
Thanks for the hard work for an excellent and useful app.
If you are a regular on Wikipedia...
This is an AMAZING app! There's so many unique features included in this app - if you're a 'regular' on Wikipedia this is an easy way to take your curiosity to the next level and then share your conclusions with others. I'd like to see an option for more background color choices, but even with the two available (brown & blue) this is still a 5-star app - more choices would just make it that much sweeter. The app is stable, easy to navigate & has a visually appealing interface. Much appreciation to the developers - truly remarkable app.
Add this wiki app to your tools
Like a lot of people, I use Wikipedia all the time. It's an amazing resource. My favorite reading tool is my new iPad 3. Unfortunately Woikinodes isn't optimized for it yet as the little related nodes that spoke out from your selected topic are really tiny and hard to read. You'll be a bit hard pressed but it can be done for most people. The reason I do it while waiting for the retina upgrade is that this is a great tool for *seeing* related ideas. Highly. Buy it for what it does now and to help fund further development of this cool tool.
- 20.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 IDEA.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.