Garmin N. America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® Onboard North America and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with photoReal junction views, 3D buildings, speed/red light camera alerts and more.
Garmin StreetPilot North America is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app is the first iPhone navigation app to include Garmin’s exclusive photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane guidance, speed/red light camera alerts and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated real-time traffic updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico installed on your device, so wireless coverage is not required to navigate
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different maneuvers
• Integrated red light and speed camera database including community-generated alerts (U.S. & Canada)
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, gas stations and lodging available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a 5-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot North America
United States, Canada, Mexico, Plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy, and Jamaica
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.7
- Enhanced Urban Guidance functionality: We expanded the coverage of our public transport navigation to more cities and metropolitan areas. In addition to that you have now the choice of up to three different routing alternatives.
- Latest map data
- Various stability improvements and bug fixes.
Poor device compatibility
The app description says it gives my iPhone or iPad the best in GPS navigation so I downloaded on my iPhone. It was okay and when I try to download it on my iPad I can't find it. One of the FAQ page from Garmin's website says you are supposed to download and run it as an iPhone app and tap 2x to switch to full screen. Seriously, Garmin??? By your definition what ios app doesn't support iPad? Even when I put it on my iPad 4 the layout is horrible. There is a white bar at the top of the screen...
The features are okay. The look and feel is consistent with my hardware Garmin GPS so it took me no time to get used to it. The visibility of shortcuts is customizable which allows me to simplify the navigation view to my preference.These feature would be great:
1. adjust font size: font is too small on my iPhone especially in straight up display
2. display the app horizontally even the ios' orientation lock is on. I normally turn on iphone's portrait orientation lock to prevent other apps to rotate but as a user transitioned from hardware GPS 99.99% of the time i expect Garmin to display horizontally.
3. Download maps state by state or have an option for CANADA and USA. IPhone is not a dedicated GPS device so I'd like have to have more flexibility to conserve space
4. Add a shortcut to quickly switch between 3D and north up view. This is available on earlier versions of hardware (2555LMT), but it was changed on a model I bought early 2013. Neither can I do it on this app. With 3D view, I have to tap twice to get to north up view which is excessive considering i'm driving.
5. If toll avoidance causes over 100km (or a custom distance) of detour then I should be aware of.
Good so far
Map updates are good. It lets you choose the map size you want to install locally on your device. Only thing I would ask for is to let this app work native on the iPad.
Recently Found and Favorites
Recently Found and Favorites functions - JUST. DONT. WORK. Never did. Not excusable for an app this expensive.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- photoLive Traffic Cameras $5.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99
- Vehicle Display Integration$49.99