Puerto Rico HD
By Ravensburger Digital GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Puerto Rico has finally gone mobile! Experience one of the world’s most popular board games in stunning HD and with fast, crisp game play.
Travel back in time to the days of colonial Spain and become one of Puerto Rico’s island governors. Prospect for gold, plant crops, and build up your economy in an epic quest for island domination. Players will have to take on the roles of mayors, settlers, traders, captains, and craftsmen to beat out their opponents.
► Beautiful HD graphics include new building designs and animated, in-game cut scenes.
► Compete against up to four other players, and mix and match between the computer, your friends (pass and play and local connectivity), or other players online through the Game Center.
► Specially designed tutorial and in-game Help feature for those new to the game (or anyone who might want a brief brush-up on the rules).
► Automatic resource distribution: no more fumbling with tiny board pieces.
► No set up of the game required! Press “Play” and get started. And best of all, no tidying up after a match.
So dust off your conquistador hat, pull out your doubloons, and join the over 250,000 fans who have already fallen in love with Puerto Rico.
In addition to being ranked number one for eight years in a row on BoardGameGeek.com, Puerto Rico has also received the following awards:
► German Games Award
► Austrian Gaming Experts Award
► Game of the Year Nominee, Germany
► United States International Gaming Award
► And many more …
Become a fan of Ravensburger Digital on Facebook and find out more about our new apps, exclusive competitions and behind the scenes information about the development of our apps:
What's New in Version 2.1
- Fixed a problem were icons would not be displayed properly.
- Several other small bugfixes.
We'd be very pleased about positive ratings, in case you like this app!
Overall a great game. Well implemented, no performance issues or crashes. Some suggestions to get it to 5 stars:
* Option for totally random game. Random number of players, random position, random start player, random assignment of computer players, etc. Would make it easier to set up a quick game with more variation between games.
* More computer players with different styles and preferred strategies, especially at the harder level.
* Get rid of (or ability to suppress) pop up full screen graphics first time each role is selected in a game. They don't seem to add anything, just adds an extra click.
* Don't force waiting for your turn for things where it doesn't matter (such as placing colonists). Would be important with real players so you don't give away what you're going to do but not so much with computer players that could be programmed to not take early selections into account (or programmed to take into account to add a level of complexity, i.e. do you give away what you plan to do to try to influence their choice).
* Look into online multiplayer, similar to what Catan has implemented
I like it a lot!
I had played the board version several years ago, and enjoyed it, so I bought this version, which works pretty well. I am playing it on my iPad version 1 and my iPad Mini, and it works flawlessly on both.
It was difficult and a little frustrating re-learning the iPad version, and I had to go through the tutorial and instructions a couple of times. Something that makes it tricky, is that the buildings are kind of small (icons), and not memorizing what they are makes the player have to keep looking to see what you have bought.
All of that said, once you learn the game, it is very addicting! I would definitely recommend this game app.
Great game! Needs two options
This is an excellent implementation of Puerto Rico.
The only thing keeping it from 5 stars for me is the inability to play with "alternate" rules. The alternate rules i'd like to see are switching the cost of the factory and university, so the factory would cost 8 and the university 7, and changing the amount of starting money for players with corn to one less doubloon.
I put alternate in quotes because the maker of the game, Andreas Seyfarth, has stated that he recommends the change to the factory and university costs for balance issues. As for the starting doubloons it has been found in tournament play that players starting with corn are statistically much more likely to win. Changing the starting doubloons fixes that.
Another feature I'd love to see is online play but even without those features it is still an extremely well done implementation of a great game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 21, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 109 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Ravensburger Digital GmbH
- © Ravensburger Digital GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.