Volvo On Call
By Volvo Car Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Volvo On Call app allows you to access your vehicle from your iPhone. This requires a vehicle from model year 2012 (North America requires model year 2015.5) that is equipped with a Volvo on Call Telematics unit. If your vehicle fulfills these requirements you will, depending on your model, be able to:
• Check vehicle dashboard status, such as fuel or battery level, trip meters, and more.
• Control your fuel fired parking heater, if the vehicle is equipped with a fuel fired parking heater.
• Control your cabin climate, if the vehicle is a plug-in hybrid.
• Locate your vehicle on a map or use the vehicle signal horn and blink indicators.
• Check the current status of doors, windows and locks for your vehicle.
• Lock and unlock the vehicle remotely.
• Request roadside assistance from within the app.
• Edit your driving journal, categorize trips as business or private, merge trips, rename and send to an email contact.
• Analyze your trips route with map view and statistics such as fuel and/or battery consumption, as well as speed.
• Even though you do not currently own a Volvo fulfilling the Volvo On Call requirements above, you can still install the App and try the demo mode.
What's New in Version 3.6.2
Fixed: Minor bugs
New in 3.6:
New: Proactive suggestions with location information
New: Send destination with share extension
New: Spotlight search
New: Search for contacts in send to car
Misc: Contains a handful of fixes and improvements
Volvo keeps releasing new versions to hide the bad reviews
The only useful feature in this app would be the remote start. I say would be because it doesn't really work. Every time I try to start it it fails on the first try before I get it dated in the second try. This takes about 3 minutes. It is faster for me to just walk out to the garage and start it manually. Even if it did work, I have an xc90 T8. With that vehicle, it isn't really a remote start. It is "preconditioning" which can only be done when the vehicle is plugged in. When it's 30 degrees outside and I'm leaving work, I can't start my car in the parking lot because it isn't plugged in. Doesn't really matter though because even when it is plugged in, the remote start (sorry, "preconditioning") only works about half of the time. All of the other features of this app can be done just as well (or better) with free apps. If you're considering buying a Volvo because it's a "connected" car, think again. There's plenty of good reasons to buy a Volvo, but this app and a lack of true remote starting would be at least two reasons not to.
The app does NOT work
Such a horrible app. It takes five second for it to figure out how to lock the car. And then it says - could not lock the vehicle at the time. Great! Same with remote start. The XC 90 key fob does not have a remote start - how freaking stupid. So to remote start I have to find my phone, type in the password, find the app, open the app, then hit 'remote start', after which - you guessed it - it says 'your car cannot be started at this time'. Because, it says, your keys are the car! At which point I rush outside, to make sure I haven't left the keys in the car, which would make it just oh so easy for someone to steal my car, only to find out that the car is perfectly fine, locked and the keys are actually inside the house. And it's not like I haven't tried enough times. Ugh!!!!
Does not work
I have an S90 and the app simply does not work correctly. The remote start works randomly, with most of the time "not". The doors do lock and the app says they lock at the time, but when looking at home screen in the app, it says they are still unlocked. I live in a very cold winter climate and was looking forward to the remote start to heat up the car in the morning and when leaving work (which was a selling point for the purchase of the car.m). Very disappointed that it simply does not work at least 90% of the time. Hopefully they can get the bugs figured out, looking forward to a future update and fix sooner then later. I would love to change my review to 5 stars if they do.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 13, 2017
- Version: 3.6.2
- Size: 96.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Volvo Car Corporation
- © 2014 Volvo Car Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.