The official Volvo On Call app allows you to access your vehicle from your iPhone. This requires a vehicle from model year 2012 (North America requires model year 2015.5) that is equipped with a Volvo on Call Telematics unit. If your vehicle fulfills these requirements you will, depending on your model, be able to:
• Check vehicle dashboard status, such as fuel or battery level, trip meters, and more.
• Control your fuel fired parking heater, if the vehicle is equipped with a fuel fired parking heater.
• Control your cabin climate, if the vehicle is a plug-in hybrid.
• Locate your vehicle on a map or use the vehicle signal horn and blink indicators.
• Check the current status of doors, windows and locks for your vehicle.
• Lock and unlock the vehicle remotely.
• Request roadside assistance from within the app.
• Edit your driving journal, categorize trips as business or private, merge trips, rename and send to an email contact.
• Analyze your trips route with map view and statistics such as fuel and/or battery consumption, as well as speed.
• Even though you do not currently own a Volvo fulfilling the Volvo On Call requirements above, you can still install the App and try the demo mode.
This version contains bug fixes and stability improvements.
Thank you for using Volvo On Call!
If you encounter any issues please contact us at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Should be included for free in ownership
This app is only useful in the fact that you can remote start the car and lock/unlock doors, but those are the only features that I find worthwhile (when they actually worked). I firmly believe that Volvo is alienating their ownership base by charging for an app that honestly still acts as a beta product with minimal value. If this app was included for free as part of the ownership experience, I think Volvo would help build their growing brand instead of forcing their customers to question their decision to buy a Volvo. The annual fee is just too high for what it offers, especially after paying a premium for the aesthetically amazing automobile it is built to compliment. It feels like Volvo is just trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of their customers for features that other luxury and non-luxury brands offer at no charge.
Simply based on this app and the lack of concern shown towards the massive amount of new Volvo customers (like myself), I may return to a brand such as BMW once my lease is up. For the price of the vehicles, include this app at no charge and make sure it works. I can’t believe an app has actually turned me against an otherwise great SUV in my XC90, but it has.
Overall, this app is good. It's nice that for the 2018 model year, this service is included free for four years.
The remote start and preconditioning feature for plugin hybrids is really nice. I use it a lot in the winter.
The driving journal feature is nice as is calendar integration and the Apple Maps share extension for sending destinations to the in car navigation system.
Siri control is neat but limitations from Apple are frustrating. Apple should add support for remote start and preconditioning. It seems Volvo has implemented every other command that Apple allows Siri to perform.
I wish there was a way to activate cameras remotely. Along with this, I wish there was a way cameras could be triggered (proximity sensors) to record footage to an attached hard drive and be accessed by this app. But there are probably hardware limitations in the vehicle that prevent this.
One persistent problem is that setting timers for the aforementioned hybrid preconditioning feature is not super reliable with several attempts often needed. Setting the timer in the vehicle is reliable so it's not a huge deal but it still needs to be fixed.
Also, for some reason my app is set to use British English instead of American English for some things. So, I see a petrol level instead of gas. Again, not a big deal but I know that others see the American English labels so this should be fixed or at least user configurable.
After multiple attempts of trying to get this app to function properly, I decided to contact support. The response I got was the following -
-“Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Volvo On Call app. When running a new fault tracing which is a diagnostic check, it shows your TEM is asleep. In order to rectify this situation you will need to take your vehicle to an authorized Volvo dealer to do a hard reset.”
I have no idea what TEM is. I paid over $200 for this service and when I asked if I could start over again once the situation was rectified or get reimbursed for the 3 months that the app wasn’t working, this was the response that I received -
“Unfortunately, the Volvo On Call subscription is non-transferable or refundable once purchased, as stated in your Volvo On Call Subscriber Agreement. Please see the Volvo On Call Terms and Conditions below for the full description.
VOC Terms & Conditions
We appreciate your taking the time to contact us.
Thank you for being a part of the Volvo Family.”
If I knew what TEM was and if I knew it was asleep, then maybe I would have woken TEM up when I spent $1000 at my last Volvo service. I definitely don’t feel like a part of the volvo family . This app is not worth the money and not worth the aggravation.
- Volvo Car Corporation
- 188.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Volvo Car Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.